First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hey everyone I know a bronco needs to stay dirty it looks better that way ... yay yay ra ra ... Bronco is the greatest car ever built, I want mine to be wildtrak braptor and badlands capable with all of the fender flares and the rock sliders are the most important from Bent metal dynamics ...

ANYWAYS ...

Lets talk about why I can't seem to get both my broncos very clean both stock I have washed them myself and taken them to the car wash, with the same issues on both and its a bit annoying. The plastic fenders and the metal bumpers and plastic bumpers the rock sliders on my badlands, and the step on my OBX all seem to retain some ghosting of dirt. What gives here ? someone suggested scrubbing bubbles spray can cleaner that does not seem to work very well. How can I clean these parts so they look new ? I don't want instructions on how to apply coatings and other shenanigan's so that it does not happen in the first place, I just want to know how to clean these parts so they look as new, as time goes on they seem to accumulate a ghosting of the dirt with no real good way to remove this ghosting, scrubbing does not work, detergent does not work high pressure water spray does not work. Its almost as though these materials are so porous that cleaning them is impossible ? Could that be or am I missing something ?
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahaha

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you dry your vehicles after washing them? I know there are specific products marketed for drying cars, but I just use an old towel. I find it makes a difference.

Just my 2 cents.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hey everyone I know a bronco needs to stay dirty it looks better that way ... yay yay ra ra ... Bronco is the greatest car ever built, I want mine to be wildtrak braptor and badlands capable with all of the fender flares and the rock sliders are the most important from Bent metal dynamics ...

ANYWAYS ...

Lets talk about why I can't seem to get both my broncos very clean both stock I have washed them myself and taken them to the car wash, with the same issues on both and its a bit annoying. The plastic fenders and the metal bumpers and plastic bumpers the rock sliders on my badlands, and the step on my OBX all seem to retain some ghosting of dirt. What gives here ? someone suggested scrubbing bubbles spray can cleaner that does not seem to work very well. How can I clean these parts so they look new ? I don't want instructions on how to apply coatings and other shenanigan's so that it does not happen in the first place, I just want to know how to clean these parts so they look as new, as time goes on they seem to accumulate a ghosting of the dirt with no real good way to remove this ghosting, scrubbing does not work, detergent does not work high pressure water spray does not work. Its almost as though these materials are so porous that cleaning them is impossible ? Could that be or am I missing something ?
First a disclaimer: use sparingly and NOT frequently as over time it can adversely effect materials especially rubber seals.
Go to your local auto parts store and get the purple bottle of cleaner/ degreaser it will take any foreign material off. Spray it on and wash immediately. Once you're pleased with the result wash at home or drive through car wash with a wash and ceramic coating which will help future dirt come off easier. Also don't ever wax nor polish before you are satisfied with the clean or you will just trap the dirt in.
When you wash the vehicle are you just spraying? To truly remove dirt you have to scrub or have a car wash scrub. If you just spray or brushless wash when there's dirt its not getting removed but rather just getting covered in soap.

Sponsored

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ANYWAYS ...

I get you. We have red clay in the south and my sons BB plastic seemed to be getting stained no matter how hard I scrubbed. I have had my best luck with Armor All wheel and tire cleaner. While washing have a hand towel damp and spray a few squirts on the towel and rub on those plastic parts. Standard armor all does nothing to that plastic. Hope it works for you!

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you tried AWESOME? It’s a really good cleaner for just about everything and is not as caustic as purple power

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use Simple Green or Griots citrus based cleaner. Some stains require a vinegar/water solution to remove. Not required much any longer.
Now I spray Griots 3in1 ceramic spray wax on every surface inside and out. Glass, rubber, paint, plastics and metal bumpers. Except my seats. I also use Griots chassis spray a few times a year. Cover ground under Bronco while applying. My Bronco is very easy to keep clean.
If you have the wash out floor that is turning grey, apply Griots rubber and vinyl spray to correct it.
https://www.griotsgarage.com/ceramic-3-in-1-wax/
https://www.griotsgarage.com/vinyl-rubber-dressing/
https://www.griotsgarage.com/citrus-all-purpose-cleaner/

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use 303 Aerospace on my plastics, and it eliminates the issue you're describing. It's night and day, and easy to apply/not greasy like some other applications. Many folks on B6G use this product.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would try a strong base cleaner such as a diluted tire cleaner. They are high pH (opposite of acidic), and work well on rubber and plastic. I am currently using Adams tire and wheel cleaner, but most detailing brands have a dedicated tire cleaner that is similar. This is also great for using on the rubber floor mats. If you overspray it on the paint it will not harm it, but may harm any wax coating you have (ceramic/graphene should be ok).

An alternative would be an APC (All Purpose Cleaner). These are acidic in nature. Generally diluted from 2-1 to 6-1, depending on how strong you need. 2-1 works great on oil/grease/grime, and I use it in the engine bay. For general cleaning of interior and bug removal, I generally use 4-1. I have used 2-1 on plastic to remove wax or polishing residue. Just rinse after use.

With either of the above, don't let dry on the surface. Rinse with water or soapy water after. If possible, don't apply in the sun when the surface is hot.

I have used different protectants after to give it a "black" look. Most are silicone based (like armor all), and look good, but don't last long. I am looking into other rubber and plastic options that hopefully last at least a month. These will help the dirt from sticking once you get it clean. (I have Adam's VRT on order. Water based, but when dry should leave some protection, and not glossy-sticky) Other brands also make a VRT that are most likely just as good.
Sponsored