Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my Bronco used from a non-Ford dealer, and they didn't have the master code for the keypad. I took it to two different Ford dealers, who either told me to buy a new keypad, or they could spend some time trying to recover the code for $400. The codes listed on the BCU did not work with the keypad. So, it was time for some patience and nerdery.

https://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1520430

This person has figured out a sequence of numbers you can type in that will eventually cover every possible code for these keypads. If you type each number in sequence, you'll eventually find a code that unlocks your doors. You can then try using that code to program a new code that is easier to remember. If the code you found doesn't allow you to program a new code, you didn't find the master code, and will need to keep going.

I reformatted the numbers a bit to keep my place a bit easier, and then printed the list out. Sat in the garage with a pen to help keep track of what row I was on, and just started typing. It was monotonous, and incredibly boring, but it really only took about 10 minutes to find the master code for my keypad, which I then used to program something new. It'll probably take longer depending on how far through the list you need to go to find the code.

If you'd like to download the formatted version I used, I've posted it here:
Sponsored

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw the keypad offered by Ford aftermarket, with additional $25 for install. (Which for me means code activation, as I will stick the keypad inside the fuel filler compartment myself.)

I haven't bought yet because I'm skeptical my local dealerships will agree to code it for that price, and I don't need the aggravation of running around trying to find one who will.
Yeah that's why it's been sitting in my tool box for two years.

sknyfats

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco 2 Door & Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw the keypad offered by Ford aftermarket, with additional $25 for install. (Which for me means code activation, as I will stick the keypad inside the fuel filler compartment myself.)

I haven't bought yet because I'm skeptical my local dealerships will agree to code it for that price, and I don't need the aggravation of running around trying to find one who will.
A Ford dealer will honor that $25 install when purchased from Ford. Several people have done this already.

sknyfats

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco 2 Door & Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is another post out there & YouTube video where a guy got the right computer adapter & a 2 day license and was able to program his himself. He justified his costs )I think it was about $150 total) because he also programs other things for people for less than the dealership charges. You can always find that post and buy the stuff to do it yourself, but based on what some of you are saying dealers are charging - itā€™d be cheaper to buy another one & add the $25 install fee to have a dealer do it.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It should have come with a plastic card (credit card size) with the master code.

Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Look in the owners manual all the paperwork itā€™s a size of a credit card with a code on it

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

MaxtheMonster

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys,

I bought my 2023 Raptor Bronco about 2 weeks ago and didnā€™t get the factory master code. Dealer told me today they canā€™t help me. They claim the device is aftermarket yet the window sticker shows the accessory. The dealer tried to scan it today.

73024819735__5D066FD8-E2A7-4A52-90E1-86FDDA43AAFB.jpeg
I bought the keypad after I already had my Bronco for a year. I couldnā€™t get it programmed and later found out I needed the code from the card that I didnā€™t get. However, I took it to a Ford dealer and they were able to program it within minutes.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Update on my keypad. I went to the dealer today and showed them the $24 online installation price. I asked them if they would honor that price when it is purchased online. They said yes. I said it was pretty ridiculous to charge me an hour labor to program the one I have when I can just buy a new one online and include installation and will be cheaper than the hour labor. Much to my surprise, they agreed! And even programmed it for free! Not at all what I expected from the stealership. Of course it wasn't all smooth sailing. The tech working on it didn't know how to program it and brought it back and said he couldn't do it. However, I actually had a good service associate and he said he knew how to do it and jumped in, took it to the garage, came back, and it was done! Sometimes good things do happen at stealerships. Sometimes. Now my keypad that has been in the tool box for 2 years can actually be used.
Sponsored