Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money?

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the fuel door mounting idea. If I order it through the parts dept and add it myself, does it require dealer programming to activate? If it does require dealer activation (like adding a new key fob), then that greatly increases the "DIY" price.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as the fuel door doesn’t lock. I have not found documentation on that. It is useful. If doors are on/off in that situation, you pres 7:8 and 9:0 and you can lock all your belongings including your key (doors on) inside.With your doors off you still have perimeter and internal alarm sensors.
seems like a lot of cords are going without the lock and capless now. Would be surprised if bronco is different.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had it on a Ford Explorer and loved it. The problem with it that I have not heard one way or another, will it work with keys in the vehicle with the proximity unlock ability.

I have added this option through a car alarm system with a sensor that mounts to the front windshield and works in the same way. I love this feature.
keys will need to be left in a faraday bag

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding is that if you lock the car with the keypad, it will allow you to do so with the keys still inside. (I have not personally confirmed this.)
78 90 at the same time allow this to happen.
My understanding is that if you lock the car with the keypad, it will allow you to do so with the keys still inside. (I have not personally confirmed this.)
Watch either video. At the end, the last function of locking the doors allows for the key fob to remain in the vehicle.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...ecurity/securicode-keyless-entry-keypad.html#

Sponsored

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use to work at STAP (final home of the Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, Marauder, & the Town Car), and the front left door had 3 different types; Keyless, Plain, Cut Out (for spot light on Police Interceptors). I always thought the keyless was stupid (because I'd occasionally forget to look at the screen, and pick the wrong door to load), until I accidently locked the door of my Dakota R/T with the vehicle running while dropping off an item at a girl's house after we broke up. After that, I realized how great keyless entries are.

Having said that, I did not order my Bronco with the option. Two reasons; 1) I don't plan on driving it unless the doors & top are off, 2) with the push button start, the fob won't leave my pocket.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No brainer for me, I'm getting it. I don't have my keys on me unless I'm going somewhere and I'm not going to pull out my phone to unlock the truck and lock it. Anyone using ford pass now knows this takes 30s to a min. And when you need something quickly, it's a hassle. Code to unlock, right 2 buttons to lock

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So as it gets closer to finalize my order, I've been thinking about adding the keyless entry pad ($110). Is it worth adding to the Bronco at all? My dealer says that all Bronco models will be compatible with the Ford-Pass app that can lock and unlock doors, and use Remote start from the App (I have reservations for FE and BD). Is it worth having that little black bar on the door? And how many people will actually add this option? Thanks! I can't wait to place my order!
I passed on the keypad. It looks like shit on the Bronco. Also, check out @Rick Astley ...he posted about how the keypad option delayed delivery of his Ranger for a few months. I think his keypad ended up being defective too.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read through these threads - I've never had a vehicle with a keyless entry keypad and wasn't aware that they are simply an adhesive installation - possibly by the dealer. Does anybody have an opinion on installing the keypad on the bumper below the spare tire?

IMG_3991.jpg
Am going to put mine on the driver's side like this guy did in his mustang.

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is true (at least for my Ford Edge). I am one of those "can't live without it." I never have my key on me, it is always in the Edge and I use the key pad to enter everytime. Heck, I don't even know where the key is in the vehicle! Its so useful for going out to dinner, not having to lug the set around with you, when mountain biking don't need to take a key, or any other time.

My expedition has it too and I won't buy a vehicle again without this feature. $110 for me is well worth it from the factory and I cringed as initially there was no mention of this feature when the Bronco was first rolled out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know about the functionality. But I am pretty sure this is not the keypad that will be coming on the Bronco. From what I understand...the Bronco will get the same keypad the Ranger received.

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad. Worth The Money? keypad_1
Correct on the type of keypad... functionality should be the same however.

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have never owned a vehicle with it so I can live without it. I really like the idea but the integration on the Bronco just looks like shit. If it can be put in the fuel door and its not a huge price tag to sync with a vehicle after the fact I will do it. Definitely will let others experiment first though..

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So if I order this can I easily remove it from the door and relocate it someplace else? No holes in factory placement area?
Sponsored