First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello folks, I'm about to go crazy and need some help.

I tapped my kick panels for a powered sub. Left Blue and Gray w/ Brown Stripe, Right Yellow w/ Orange Stripe and Green w/Brown Stripe. Got the sub working and it seemed all was well. I didn't notice that the right side was or was not playing at the time, but Im sure it was.

This morning I noticed my right side dash and kick panel weren't playing and the sub wasn't doing much of anything. Figured since I used a butt connector one of the wires came loose. Went and looked and sure enough it did look like one of them had pulled when I was crimping, so I cut and soldered this time. But I am still recieving no sound to the right side kick/dash. I am kind of at a loss on ideas here. I undplugged the harness from the sub thinking maybe somehow it was interfering, but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks
Sponsored

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
my first thought is that a fuse was tripped.

would also be good to know if you have base audio or B&o

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my first thought is that a fuse was tripped.

would also be good to know if you have base audio or B&o
If it was fuse, I'd have no sound I would think. Can't imagine there would be fuses dedicated to individual sound channels since it was only the right front that lost sound.

It's non B&O.

I did however figure out the problem. The harness adapters apparently have a 2 "click" lock for full engagement. I had to bust out the multimeter to figure it out, and I am still not sure why there needs to be 2 clicks, but that was the issue. The plug just wasn't fully seated.

I tried to delete the post but couldn't figure out how too.

But ty for your response.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it was fuse, I'd have no sound I would think. Can't imagine there would be fuses dedicated to individual sound channels since it was only the right front that lost sound.

It's non B&O.

I did however figure out the problem. The harness adapters apparently have a 2 "click" lock for full engagement. I had to bust out the multimeter to figure it out, and I am still not sure why there needs to be 2 clicks, but that was the issue. The plug just wasn't fully seated.

I tried to delete the post but couldn't figure out how too.

But ty for your response.

good point about the fuse,

regardless its probably best you keep this up so that if someone else has the same problem they can see how you solved it. Glad to hear its fixed

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
good point about the fuse,

regardless its probably best you keep this up so that if someone else has the same problem they can see how you solved it. Glad to hear its fixed
Yepp. Just remember if you use the speaker adapters for the factory harness in the kick panel, it's 2 damn clicks, not 1! lol

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What type of sub did you go with? I'm wanting a powered sub to go under one of the front seats.

OP
OP
meffie

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model