Sponsored

Kicker Key 200.4 w/ PLUG&PLAY Harness....

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry i can't be of help as I am using a JL Audio 500.1 amp. (Leftover from my X3). Haven't installed yet though and getting a 10 inch Kicker downfiring TRT enclosure setup. I will update on how this goes. should be done by end of week. I will also check my current 2004.1 for gain settings - for reference now, I never need to go beyond 18 or 19 on my volume knob. and it's crystal clear at those levels. My fader is juuuuuuust a little to the "rear" to get a nice, SUBTLE, surround effect.
Interesting. I have another question about this general setup (1 amp for speakers and one amp for sub - using the Pl;ug N play harness. Question: If I back down on the gain for the 200.4 speaker amp, that will mean I will play music at a higher volume level. Will that mean that my sub will put out more bass? (assuming I don't adjust the sub amp?).

I am asking because it's already crazy loud at volume 15 but I feel like there should be more bass. The sub amp is already set at 50% gain with bass boost up so it seems that maybe I should back down on the 200.4 to place more emphasis on the sub. Does that make sense?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting. I have another question about this general setup (1 amp for speakers and one amp for sub - using the Pl;ug N play harness. Question: If I back down on the gain for the 200.4 speaker amp, that will mean I will play music at a higher volume level. Will that mean that my sub will put out more bass? (assuming I don't adjust the sub amp?).

I am asking because it's already crazy loud at volume 15 but I feel like there should be more bass. The sub amp is already set at 50% gain with bass boost up so it seems that maybe I should back down on the 200.4 to place more emphasis on the sub. Does that make sense?
See - the main issue with stock radios is that the higher you turn up the volume, the lower the bass becomes as the system EQ compensates for this from the factory - so you don't blow the speakers. Which sucks. So you could go into FORscan and disable the EQ. it will solve your problem I'm pretty sure and allow better tuning. OR - do what I am doing and getting an LC2iPro (https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i-pro/) - it's a line-out converter that does magic. No really. It is THAT amazing. Not very expensive either. How did you wire your system? did you get the harness from plugnplay kits?

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

See - the main issue with stock radios is that the higher you turn up the volume, the lower the bass becomes as the system EQ compensates for this from the factory - so you don't blow the speakers. Which sucks. So you could go into FORscan and disable the EQ. it will solve your problem I'm pretty sure and allow better tuning. OR - do what I am doing and getting an LC2iPro (https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i-pro/) - it's a line-out converter that does magic. No really. It is THAT amazing. Not very expensive either. How did you wire your system? did you get the harness from plugnplay kits?
I disabled EQ in Forscan already. I used the Plug and play harnesses specifically for the Kicker 200.4 and 500.1 amps. I'm just thinking that the system now goes sooo loud I'd never go past 15 on the volume so maybe I should:
1. back off on the gain on the 200.4 speaker amp
2. turn up the volume higher and that would result in comparatively more output from the 500.1 sub-amp... right???

(I am also waiting for a new remote volume knob - first one didn't work - maybe that will solve it).

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I disabled EQ in Forscan already. I used the Plug and play harnesses specifically for the Kicker 200.4 and 500.1 amps. I'm just thinking that the system now goes sooo loud I'd never go past 15 on the volume so maybe I should:
1. back off on the gain on the 200.4 speaker amp
2. turn up the volume higher and that would result in comparatively more output from the 500.1 sub-amp... right???

(I am also waiting for a new remote volume knob - first one didn't work - maybe that will solve it).
AH! - the remote volume will DEF help solve it. But 100% back off on the gain. Mine is almost to 0 just fyi.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AH! - the remote volume will DEF help solve it. But 100% back off on the gain. Mine is almost to "0" just fyi. Also, too much gain you distort the sound.

Sponsored

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a question for the Key 500.1 subwoofer amp. When I play the Key setup tracks (sweep and gain matching), they blast through my main speakers at volume 23, but the directions say that no sound will be audible during these steps. What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's a question for the Key 500.1 subwoofer amp. When I play the Key setup tracks (sweep and gain matching), they blast through my main speakers at volume 23, but the directions say that no sound will be audible during these steps. What am I doing wrong?
Hmmm.....I don't have the key 500.1. I have JL Audio amp. But my 200.4 - specifically said to NOT have any additional amps or bass units functioning during the DSP tuning. For the 500.1 I have no clue. Sorry man.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this made a tremendous difference. Boosting the gain on "AMP 2" compared to "AMP 1" brings the rear pods to life. And by reducing the "AMP 1" gain to near zero, my volume knob is now a bit higher so my subwoofer is hitting much harder.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

this made a tremendous difference. Boosting the gain on "AMP 2" compared to "AMP 1" brings the rear pods to life. And by reducing the "AMP 1" gain to near zero, my volume knob is now a bit higher so my subwoofer is hitting much harder.
Yup - this is pretty much how I will be setting up my system - 200.4 - gain to almost "0" - then increase the gain on the sub amp to balance it all out :)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 500.1 will not play any sound through the sub, but the main speakers still will. you are probably doing it right. Was confusing to me at 1st too

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 500.1 will not play any sound through the sub, but the main speakers still will. you are probably doing it right. Was confusing to me at 1st too
Yes. The 200.4 instructions state this - turn off or disconnect all "sub" related items. I would still recommend getting an LC2i......it really makes a WORLD of difference.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. The 200.4 instructions state this - turn off or disconnect all "sub" related items. I would still recommend getting an LC2i......it really makes a WORLD of difference.
he is talking about 500.1 setup...different from the 200.4. 200.4 setup is done w/no sub connected. 500.1 you leave the main audio system alone. The sub amp stays silent, but the main audio still plays sound (really annoying sound too!)
Sponsored