Sponsored

Is a plug and play harness absolutely necessary if installing a key 200.4 and 500.1

Bronculosis

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m thinking about just letting Best Buy do my installation of a 200.1 amp and a 500.1 amp for the sub. I’m also having a TRTP Kicker down firing sub box installed in the cargo area.I have never installed a sub before and know very little. My question is do I need to buy a plug n play harness since I’m not installing everything? Can they do the install without a harness? I want the install done right, but if they can hook both amps up without using a harness then why spend 275$ for a harness?
Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the question is do you want them to cut the factory wiring harness? Any decent shop could do that install but you should ask about that if it matter to you.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s my experience that install shops purchase and/or make harnesses that plug in.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s always someone who can do it cheaper.

IMG_5088.jpeg

I’d be asking what their install process is and what components will be used, to get an idea of its cut and splice or T harness

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the question is do you want them to cut the factory wiring harness? Any decent shop could do that install but you should ask about that if it matter to you.
Also the right way a shop should do this is build a harness and not splice all these wires. By the time they are done building a harness you have spent the same if not more for them to build the harness. So spend the money on a harness that someone has built a few hundred times already that’s a shop that is researching what is needed and securing the pieces to build you one custom harness

Sponsored

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe Best Buy is different in other places but I would barely trust the Best Buys around me to sell me a PS5 game, never mind do a clean install. That said, I used a Hoel harness, and it just makes it so easy (and so easy to revert the install if needed)

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed my entire audio system myself with PlugNPlay kit's harnesses... wouldn't do it any other way. Completely worth the peace of mind knowing it was done right and factory harness wasn't tampered with AT ALL.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Absolutely necessary" would imply there's no other way to do it; it's absolutely possible to custom wire everything without the plug n' play to connect the components you are listing. Since somebody's already done it and doesn't charge (IMO) an exorbitant amount I'd rather buy the custom harness than do it myself but I wouldn't say "absolutely necessary".

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Absolutely necessary" would imply there's no other way to do it; it's absolutely possible to custom wire everything without the plug n' play to connect the components you are listing. Since somebody's already done it and doesn't charge (IMO) an exorbitant amount I'd rather buy the custom harness than do it myself but I wouldn't say "absolutely necessary".
Yup.

A harness will cost a few bucks - but trying to do so without it will add a couple hours, maybe more, or labor time. That doesn’t necessarily need to be the “plug and play” harness made just for the Kicker, I’m not sure what the cost delta is for that versus just the regular pass through harness you’d get at Crutchfield, but ~a~ harness of some sort.

Unless you are DIY and consider your time cheap, the harness is a great deal, and it allows you to cleanly remove the amp if you were to ever part it out and sell your Bronco
Sponsored