Sponsored

Lane Centering and Stop n Go availability on Braptor?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haven't seen anything about this so I thought I would start a thread and ask?
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes it has lane assist, which I don't use. It has adaptive cruise, which I cant seem to turn it to normal cruise like I could on my F-150. Do not know if you can come to a stop and then go with it. If I get in heavy traffic moving under 40 I turn it off.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lane assist is NOT the same, on my FE it feels like I just bounced back and forth between the lines. Lane centering is supposed to keep the vehicle centered between the lanes.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Then no, neither is on the Raptor. Mine has the LUX package

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonā€™t have my Bronco w/ LUX for a couple more weeks so I canā€™t speak to the Bronco - but the wifeā€™s Cherokee has lane centering and it bounces back and forth like you describe. We keep it turned off.

It will pull you back if you leave the lane, then pull you back when you leave the other side. But the corrections increase with each time it does and it only takes about 2 or 3 bounces until the angle of attack is so steep that it just canā€™t correct and you would go sailing off the road if you donā€™t manually take control. So only really useful for 1 - maybe 2 - veers close to the lane markers.

I just assumed thatā€™s how well the technology worked these days (which is to say ā€œnot very wellā€).

Guess Iā€™ll soon see if Bronco is any better but not expecting much.

Unrelated side note about ā€œself drivingā€ technology these days: Her Jeep also has the automatic park feature. Press a button and the jeep will park itself. Either ā€nose inā€ or parallel park. And it actually works quite well. Itā€™s pretty cool. But we NEVER use it. Why? Well, I donā€™t need it as I can park just fine (either style). And while she has refused to ever learn how to parallel park so one would think she would use itā€¦.she donā€™t trust the damn thing! So she wont. She sticks to what sheā€™s done all her life - keep driving around the block until she can find a spot that doesnā€™t require parallel parking. In the 3 years sheā€™s owned it the only time that feature has been used is when Iā€˜m driving and want to demonstrate it to a friend riding along with us.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Broncos get a neutered version of Co-Pilot. Lane Keep Assist, but no Active Lane Centering. Standard ACC but not Intelligent ACC

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah the Lane Keep Assist is goofy but at least you can configure it or just turn it off. I don't have LUX so I don't have to deal with Active Lane Centering, that just sucks where I live lol.

TheBuster15

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Regal GS 6Speed, 01 2Dr blazer, 00 Camaro.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are mistaking LKA and lane centering. Your car ping pongs because it is supposed to prevent you from leaving the lane by accident not steer for you.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonā€™t have my Bronco w/ LUX for a couple more weeks so I canā€™t speak to the Bronco - but the wifeā€™s Cherokee has lane centering and it bounces back and forth like you describe. We keep it turned off.

It will pull you back if you leave the lane, then pull you back when you leave the other side. But the corrections increase with each time it does and it only takes about 2 or 3 bounces u ntil the angle of attack is so steep that it just canā€™t correct and you would go sailing off the road if you donā€™t manually take control. So only really useful for 1 - maybe 2 - veers close to the lane markers.

I just assumed thatā€™s how well the technology worked these days (which is to say ā€œnot very wellā€).

Guess Iā€™ll soon see if Bronco is any better but not expecting much.

Unrelated side note about ā€œself drivingā€ technology these days: Her Jeep also has the automatic park feature. Press a button and the jeep will park itself. Either ā€nose inā€ or parallel park. And it actually works quite well. Itā€™s pretty cool. But we NEVER use it. Why? Well, I donā€™t need it as I can park just fine (either style). And while she has refused to ever learn how to parallel park so one would think she would use itā€¦.she donā€™t trust the damn thing! So she wont. She sticks to what sheā€™s done all her life - keep driving around the block until she can find a spot that doesnā€™t require parallel parking. In the 3 years sheā€™s owned it the only time that feature has been used is when Iā€˜m driving and want to demonstrate it to a friend riding along with us.
"Angle of attack " yes!

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, active lane centering and stop-and-go ACC are not available on the Bronco. A mid-cycle refresh may add these features later, but that's just speculation on my part.

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It will pull you back if you leave the lane, then pull you back when you leave the other side. But the corrections increase with each time it does and it only takes about 2 or 3 bounces until the angle of attack is so steep that it just canā€™t correct and you would go sailing off the road if you donā€™t manually take control. So only really useful for 1 - maybe 2 - veers close to the lane markers.
Grand Cherokee?

The 23 has Active driving Assist, its freaking amazing.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I so dearly miss ACC that I had in my Ranger that was $7k less than my bronco...

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Grand Cherokee?

The 23 has Active driving Assist, its freaking amazing.
It's a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. She's about ready for a new one this year or next so I'll be sure to test drive the newer models and see how much they've improved.

But since ordering my Bronco...she's thinking of switching to the Bronco Sport now for her next car. We'll see. If I have just HALF the problems with my Bronco that I'm reading here from others - that will most likely scare the shit out of her to never step foot on a Ford lot again :D

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I so dearly miss ACC that I had in my Ranger that was $7k less than my bronco...
Curious if the ranger you mentioned had multiple drive modes (goat modes)?
Sponsored