LAST CALL: Roof Rails for 2-door Bronco? Pros vs. Cons? After Market?

NoMansLand

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I think $400 for something totally integrated into the vehicle design is a good value. Aftermarket stuff will be available, but nothing will fit like the factory rails and they are adaptable to aftermarket accessories , carriers, baskets etc. Really my only must have accessory, anything else I can probably add aftermarket cheaper.
Any confirmation that we can add it at the time of order as an accessory since you can't add it to a 2.7 in B&P? Same with the brush guard. I'm sure its discussed somewhere

Advertisement

Cheshire

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Steven,

You too are not helping my cause. If you even think that you need it, get it and forget it. The top from a '72 that I put on my '70 came with rails on the roof and I used them every time I needed to put something up there that did not fit inside. Functionality over frivolity.
What is your 'cause' that I'm not helping? Do you sell roof racks? 😊 I'm just relating my own personal experience. If you find roof racks helpful, by all means get one!

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
I finally feel like I am 95% there in regards to what I want and how I want it. Here is a topic that I go back and forth with: Roof Rails or not?

I know it is a personal choice and here is my thoughts regarding it based on my needs.

Pros:
1. More storage area
2. Back big items
3. Looks Cool
4. Under $400 (Not bad)

Cons:
1. Not as easy to take WHOLE TOP OFF (Love open Air!!)
2. Pulling The Bronco already with RV (More weight)
3. Really no need since I have room in my RV to store.

Are you getting them? Why or Why not?

Do you think it will be easy to take off?

Thanks!
Im with you, wondering also if there is a better aftermarket option as well. I would be using mine for a roof top tent and storage

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

What is your 'cause' that I'm not helping? Do you sell roof racks? 😊 I'm just relating my own personal experience. If you find roof racks helpful, by all means get one!
Roof racks is an unusual cause to take up but every cause needs a champion I suppose.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Will definitely be getting the rails on our 2 door. We haul kayaks and/or mountain bikes with our 4Runner, my biggest concern will still revolve around just fitting everything we haul in the vehicle. Will likely pull one rear seat permanently, to make the room for the fridge and gear, and use a hitch mounted cargo carrier for anything we cant fit inside for the longer trips with the kayaks. Depending on what comes out that mounts to the spare tire or rear bumper swing out. For $400 its definitely worth just getting it now.

SevenT

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco Wagon, Sport Edition
Clubs

Roof racks is an unusual cause to take up but every cause needs a champion I suppose.
Mike,

Just trying some levity here since everyone seems kind of uptight over the new Bronco. We all need to take a step back and laugh at ourselves. Also not a vendor. Just a guy that believes if you even think you need it, get it or kick yourself when you need it and don't have it. Nuff said. :cool:

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

Mike,

Just trying some levity here since everyone seems kind of uptight over the new Bronco. We all need to take a step back and laugh at ourselves. Also not a vendor. Just a guy that believes if you even think you need it, get it or kick yourself when you need it and don't have it. Nuff said. :cool:
I'm just joking around too, no hard feelings? Most of what I post is in fun, I guess it rubs people the wrong way sometimes.

SevenT

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco Wagon, Sport Edition
Clubs

I am making sure that my snarky remarks don't get anyone's hackles up. Thanks. All in fun over here on Bronco6G. (y)

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

It depends on your dealer. With no special pricing, you will pay MSRP. With Granger for example, all factory accessories are at invoice. Of course, paying for a factory accessory isn't just a single one-time purchase. You will be paying for it over the life of the financing including interest. So if you are financing for 60 months, any cost savings of invoice pricing is negated with the additional interest over 5 years.

Or you can add them later and shop around for the best deal. (i.e. @NayNay with Leonardtown has said they offer a 15% discount to veterans on accessories) You pay one price with no additional interest. In the case of the roof rails, you will have to know how to take them off at some point so you might as well learn how to put them on. No need to pay a dealer to the work.
Correct. Just wanted to jump in and verify we are doing discounts on Ford accessories from 5 to 15% along with discounts on installation too. The veterans discount is correct with the exception that it is for current and former military along with family members of same household.

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

Personally I think it looks bad and gets in the way. We all have different needs. If it was free I'd probably take it off and store it in the rafters for years, but when it cost extra not a chance I'm paying for it.

I'd rather have something like this for the once a year I'd find a rack useful.

5b51d328-c359-41ef-9506-9c62bc327db0_1.3fda0fa8a82b1bccbd877626f82d5b62.jpeg
Hmmm that doesn't look sturdy enough for my husband to hang off of when I turn a corner.... ..... 🤪

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Toyota FJ40, 1989 Toyota Pickup, 1998 C5 Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
I think I want them, especially if I go 2-door, but I have a serious problem wondering if they'll include the painted caps somewhere in the vehicle. I'd likely only install the rack a couple times a year, so I want those caps for the rest of the year. Maybe a stupid concern, but . . .

Philly

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep JKU, 1968 Mustang
Clubs

I think I want them, especially if I go 2-door, but I have a serious problem wondering if they'll include the painted caps somewhere in the vehicle. I'd likely only install the rack a couple times a year, so I want those caps for the rest of the year. Maybe a stupid concern, but . . .
I think I remember reading in another thread that they caps were included in the glove box in one of the preproduction test vehicles seen in northern Michigan maybe a week ago? The member that posted wasn't one of the drivers, but his friend was and swung by his house for him to take a look.

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

Correct. Just wanted to jump in and verify we are doing discounts on Ford accessories from 5 to 15% along with discounts on installation too. The veterans discount is correct with the exception that it is for current and former military along with family members of same household.
With the exception? Or did you mean the inclusion?

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

With the exception? Or did you mean the inclusion?
I was trying to explain what was said was correct. I wanted to expand on it and correct the 1 part. It was not just veterans. In other words if the wife is currently serving and the spouse is buying a Bronco and they're in the same home then the spouse qualifies for the accessories discount the same as the retired individual, and or the person currently serving. I just wanted to expand it because Ford only sees the veteran where I see the entire family on some level also serving. I wanted to create something that thanks everyone not just the one.

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
I see alot of vehicles with roof racks and nothing on them

Advertisement

Advertisement