Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

took mine into the dealer toady after a week for a fluid check (happy to say they are insisting, which is nice) and despite having leaks all week it was negligible drop in level - drove 180 miles running about town.

YMMV of course @brimoore476 , but I'm not worried about it as much as annoyed now. Sorry to hear you're going through it too...

Note- I'm only using 2wd, not sure if 4wd would pressurize the diff and push more out or not, and not going to gamble. If anyone does know please shout out I would love have the 4wd if it starts snowing again, still haven't used slippery mode :p
Sponsored

TigerBG87

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, looks like I am not the only one with a leaking front axle. Glad I found this thread.

I picked up my Bronco on 1/31. About a week later, I started noticing a few drips of liquid under the front passenger side. It was greenish in color, so at first I thought it might be coolant. But it seemed to too thick and oily for that.

After about a week of ongoing drips (2-3 spots each day, 1-3” in diameter), I took it back to the Ford dealership. They investigated and eventually figured out I have a leaky seal on my front axle. Similar to the other folks on this thread, the parts are on back order until at least 2/28. They told me I could keep driving it until then but I should avoid “long trips and off-roading”.

So, right now I’m waiting for the parts to arrive. I honestly don’t know how much I should actually drive the Bronco in the meantime. Looks like the front differential holds about a quart of fluid. I cleaned everything off today and drove it about 6 miles. Once I got home, I already had a decent sized drip on the underside of the axle. So I think I’m going to keep the driving to a minimum.

Have to admit this is disappointing after waiting as long as I did to finally get it.
UPDATE:
Part arrived on 2/18 and got Bronco back same day. Weekend trip all good!

OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:
Part arrived on 2/18 and got Bronco back same day. Weekend trip all good!
wait, you got a seal on the 18th?!? I thought we were stuck until the 28th?! Or was it something else? Care to share your service report? I'd like to see what they did, with an eye to what might be needed on mine... and congrats back on the road at full strength!

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Saw this picture posted on one of the Bronco FB pages.

FF6F39DB-44E6-45E2-B1FD-237AF34B364B.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently the seals shipped early, dropped my truck off other day and they replaced the seal easy peasy. No visual indication why the original was leaking, axle I guess looked fine too, hopefully that's the end of it. No issues in the fluids so why it looked milky when leaking just no clue.

Truck is at the glass shop now to replace the scratched back window from shipping, almost almost almost finally have a 100% Bronco after waiting 20 months...

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Going thru this today with my rear axel on the passenger side. Dropped it off this morning after waking up to multiple puddles today. 1100miles. Waiting on a call from the service department. They are backlogged but I went straight to the rack… supposedly

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently the seals shipped early, dropped my truck off other day and they replaced the seal easy peasy. No visual indication why the original was leaking, axle I guess looked fine too, hopefully that's the end of it. No issues in the fluids so why it looked milky when leaking just no clue.

Truck is at the glass shop now to replace the scratched back window from shipping, almost almost almost finally have a 100% Bronco after waiting 20 months...
"Hang in there" (Ford)
But seriously hope it gets sorted for you soon.

BuckyNH

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Wildtrak/ 20 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just had my 2022 wildtrak with 1500 miles in to replace driver side front axle seal, was leaking. I noticed it when i was changing the oil.

Sponsored
OP
OP
yippeekiyay

yippeekiyay

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long term report (1200 miles later) and no issues! Sorry anyone else is going through this, but at least it seems to be easy (once they have the parts)

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have the drivers side front axle seal part number? Seal that inner shaft goes through at the front diff. Pulling my hair out trying to find it . Im assuming its the same seal op of this thread had replaced.

found it!

Last edited:

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have the drivers side front axle seal part number? Seal that inner shaft goes through at the front diff. Pulling my hair out trying to find it . Im assuming its the same seal op of this thread had replaced.

found it!
Can you post the part number?
Sponsored