Sponsored

LED light bar options for capable bumper?

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I ordered my 21' Bronco with the modular bumper. That got converted to the capable bumper in 22', and now 23' so that is what I am getting. Not even sure if it was an option for 22'/23' to get it with the modular, probably so. Either way it's too late now since I have a build date. Anyways, I'm stuck wondering what all options I have for light bars for the capable bumper. So far I'm only finding the below one from M&R Auto. Is anyone familiar with any other brands/options by chance? So far they are eluding me if so...

https://mandronline.com/products/co...-bumper-40in-light-bar?variant=42467157377184

I guess my other option could include trading someone my modular for their capable which would unlock many more options, OR get a new aftermarket bumper. Not exactly ready for that just yet though...
Sponsored

robsafari

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far, the only option I've seen is that one from M&R. It looks nice and seems to fit well, and it seems like light output is decent as well. Unfortunately I don't think it throws light very far, so I'm going with ditch/spot lights as well.

Here's a video showing the light output from that same bar, but mounted on the roof.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nch-micro-light-bar-from-m-r-installed.50086/

OP
OP
rpeary

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Visitor that video was extremely helpful! I really appreciate that. The output seems adaquate , about what I need for the roof. Your videos and time are greatly appreciated sir!

I'm actually thinking about the amber bar for the front of vehicle which outputs 7,000 lumens so am inquiring on how that would look. I don't typically see anyone on the forums posting videos of driving in snow/rain with amber so don't really have any comparisons. Before the community gets all up in arms about me driving with a 40" amber bar on street... keep in mind I do realize this and would be wiring into an AUX switch.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a couple threads on a safari type bar for the Capable bumper. There is a cheap one on Amazon made for a jeep that will bolt in and has tabs for a light bar.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think SVPparts is working on light mounts for the capable bumper.

OP
OP
rpeary

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rebel Bronc you were correct. I just had a very lucrative conversation with John @ SPV and they do in fact have some ideas on the horizon for lighting options for the capable bumper. Thank you so much for the tip!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on what you want to do. I switched my capable bumper out for the DV8 FS-15, but that was around $1700 after install. If you’re not concerned with drilling the bumper you can easily take it off (think there are 6-8 bolts in total and takes about 5 mins to accomplish. Leaves you will all sorts of options and not the only one available currently with a few more on the horizon. Everyone talks shit about Nilights on Amazon but I have two on my bumper and they have been submerged in water and work without issue. Know a few others with the same experience, take it for what you will
Sponsored