Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they had it hidden like the Ranger instead of having a exposed black button
I don't know if it's a button, might be just a sensor, but your point is still stands.
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My explorer has it in the "correct" position. Strange Ford decided to change it for the Bronco. I've not seen any other car brands that have it in the front of the handle either
Maybe it’s a left-hand dominant equality thing.

Of course, that may mean Ford would be discriminating against lefties assuming only right handed folks drive. 😆

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My explorer has it in the "correct" position. Strange Ford decided to change it for the Bronco. I've not seen any other car brands that have it in the front of the handle either
My Armada has a combo lock/unlock button in the "correct" position and that is the only place that makes sense with that design. However, since Ford uses separate lock and unlock sensors, I'm guessing that having the lock sensor under your thumb when unlocking the vehicle could be problematic. When closing a door I don't hold the handle, so maybe that gave Ford the freedom to move the lock sensor to a spot where it would not be accidentally activated when unlocking. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope, it's the Lock sensor. Watch the video I linked above.
Oops, yes that's what I meant - Lock sensor. Just like my other car has but in the thumb position. Still, they both work seamlessly in that configuration (unlock underneath, lock at thumb). Just something new to get used to, no biggie.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All you have to do is grab the handle like you were going to open it and it unlocks. The button sensor is just for locking.

Fast forward to 6:29 in this video. This is opening the tailgait. But the doors work the same way. Even though he seems to explain it wrong anyway. You will see as soon as his hand touches the handle, not the button, the lights blink and the doors unlock.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Armada has a combo lock/unlock button in the "correct" position and that is the only place that makes sense with that design. However, since Ford uses separate lock and unlock sensors, I'm guessing that having the lock sensor under your thumb when unlocking the vehicle could be problematic. When closing a door I don't hold the handle, so maybe that gave Ford the freedom to move the lock sensor to a spot where it would not be accidentally activated when unlocking. 🤷‍♂️
Ha! We own an Infinity QX56(selling for Bronco) so exactly why I was confused on SD. Too funny.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This reminds me of B6G peeps freaking out about the cap less fuel filler. Sometimes I wonder if we are being trolled by FCA.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was checking out at '21 f150 with the same door handles, its definitely weird to try and locks the door like that since I've been used to fords having it the correct way for 10 years. Why fix what isn't broken?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heritage edition has a stick you poke in a hole.
Shouldn't it be the dipstick that you slide between the glass and the window frame?
Sponsored