Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man this makes the electric cars even more scary with how quiet they are!
But electric cars shouldn't be giving off any exhaust so the carbon monoxide isn't an issue
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But electric cars shouldn't be giving off any exhaust so the carbon monoxide isn't an issue
You don't say!?!? ThatsTheJoke.jpg

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly the same number of times my wife or my elderly mother are coming in the car with me.
You are a gentleman and a scholar as my grandma would say. Since I’ve got forever dibs on the driver’s side, my hubs will just have to wait till I unlock the doors.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one reads threads anymore before responding, do they?

Watch the video I linked above. It's likely the lock sensor, not the unlock sensor.
Instant gratification society Aman.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never owned intelligent access anything, but I almost always unlock and go to the passenger door first to unload whatever bags of bullshit I'll be carting around with me for the day. So yeah, ladies need this function.
Gotcha! I’m not much of a shopper, unless it’s stuff for my farm. Which I guess will go in the back. If you're in town and have small children, though, you want to put them in first. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hope my little granddaughter can teach me the correct way. 😂 I’m an old school granny.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are a gentleman and a scholar as my grandma would say. Since I’ve got forever dibs on the driver’s side, my hubs will just have to wait till I unlock the doors.
"But don't these have automatic locking hubs?"

ku1onzl0x1zo04rrxapu6ic74c8wyhkeb74bh0uf&rid=giphy.gif

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, like the wireless charging pad for a cell phone. When the battery gets low in the fob an led flashes and then you put it in the charging slot until it is charged. After that you keep it in your pocket.
That seems awful. What happens if you don't drive the car for a while? The fob just dies? The lithium batteries in my Ford fobs seem to last several years. Even if the battery dies, there is a place in the car you can place the fob where the vehicle still recognizes it, though usually range starts to go down so you know it's time for a replacement well before it dies.

Thanks for the link!
I'm not a big fan of push button starts that don't require a key in the ignition, I've known a lot of people who don't realize they haven't shut their car off and they walk off, leaving it running. The worst example is someone I know who didn't realize their car was running in the garage and woke up in the middle of the night to their entire house filled with exhaust, they're lucky they didn't kill the whole family. The person may blame it on the quietness of their vehicle, though it probably has more to do with how distracted people are functioning on the daily. Still, I think there's merit to those physical movements like having your keys in hand as you enter and exit your vehicle.
Maybe the heritage edition will throw us luddites a bone and give us a keyed ignition 🙏
I have no idea how this even happens, but I guess they weren't driving a Ford? If I exit my running vehicle with the fob, it beeps twice immediately, and the engine shuts off if I'm out of the vehicle too long.

Honest question: how often does a person lock/unlock from the passenger side with intelligent access? (Any make/model, not just Fords) Usually the driver has the key and locks/unlocks the whole vehicle for passengers. Just curious. Never thought about it before.
If I am on the passenger side of the car, I can grab that handle and it unlocks just the same, assuming I have the fob in my pocket. It doesn't work for rear doors, but the fob still has buttons on it for lock/unlock, so no real problem.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"But don't these have automatic locking hubs?"

Ford Bronco Left hand required to unlock passenger door!? 🤔 ku1onzl0x1zo04rrxapu6ic74c8wyhkeb74bh0uf&rid=giphy
yep! If you look for me on the trail, I’ll be the one sitting on the ground...looking at the front wheels with a puzzled look. 😂

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the next thread will be about how difficult it is to lock the Bronco with the doors off? *shrug*
It'll be another useless poll.
PS- nice name

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 63 is set up with an unlock sensor recessed into the handles towards the rear of the vehicle, so this will undoubtedly mess me up. One weird thing in MB's that annoys the crap out of me is, if you lock the key with the key fob, you cannot open it with the door sensors. You have to use the fob again. So when I invariably forget that I locked the doors with the fob for whatever stupid reason, the vehicle gets annoyed and honks at me, and I get annoyed at the vehicle and call it a little fucker. Are Fords the same way?

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean I get we are all waiting for the vehicles to start dropping, but as a wise man once said, "You know what could b!tch about anything!"

Red vs Blue

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs