Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
any rental with keyless entry I ever drove had it like that, lock button always forward towards the hood. On both sides. Works just fine, never even gave it a thought. Close door, press button, walk away.
Never had to press a button to open, so sensor in back of handle is probably right.
My 19 Edge has ridges on the top surface of the handles closest to the door edge that shows where to touch to lock. They are on all 4 doors as well. I believe most of the new models are front only.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has a replaceable lithium battery.
Oh, I wonder why it's not rechargable. Kia and Hyundai have had rechargable keyless fobs for more than a decade. They have a dedicated slot that you put the fob in and it charges every time you place it in there.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I wonder why it's not rechargable. Kia and Hyundai have had rechargable keyless fobs for more than a decade. They have a dedicated slot that you put the fob in and it charges every time you place it in there.
So like, exactly like a key?

The Ford key is designed to be able to stay in your pocket... so there’s no mechanism to recharge it while you’re in the car

You’ll just have to replace the battery eventually just like you do for a typical remote key fob.

Also, this is a really weird thread... and that’s saying something coming from me.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So like, exactly like a key?

The Ford key is designed to be able to stay in your pocket... so there’s no mechanism to recharge it while you’re in the car

You’ll just have to replace the battery eventually just like you do for a typical remote key fob.

Also, this is a really weird thread... and that’s saying something coming from me.
No, like the wireless charging pad for a cell phone. When the battery gets low in the fob an led flashes and then you put it in the charging slot until it is charged. After that you keep it in your pocket.

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the link!
I'm not a big fan of push button starts that don't require a key in the ignition, I've known a lot of people who don't realize they haven't shut their car off and they walk off, leaving it running. The worst example is someone I know who didn't realize their car was running in the garage and woke up in the middle of the night to their entire house filled with exhaust, they're lucky they didn't kill the whole family. The person may blame it on the quietness of their vehicle, though it probably has more to do with how distracted people are functioning on the daily. Still, I think there's merit to those physical movements like having your keys in hand as you enter and exit your vehicle.
Maybe the heritage edition will throw us luddites a bone and give us a keyed ignition 🙏

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the link!
I'm not a big fan of push button starts that don't require a key in the ignition, I've known a lot of people who don't realize they haven't shut their car off and they walk off, leaving it running. The worst example is someone I know who didn't realize their car was running in the garage and woke up in the middle of the night to their entire house filled with exhaust, they're lucky they didn't kill the whole family. The person may blame it on the quietness of their vehicle, though it probably has more to do with how distracted people are functioning on the daily. Still, I think there's merit to those physical movements like having your keys in hand as you enter and exit your vehicle.
Maybe the heritage edition will throw us luddites a bone and give us a keyed ignition 🙏
Thats why im getting the 2.3 it will take a while to kill us with fumes from a 4cyl,you 2.7 bunch are in deaths grip.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3:50 mark. This could just be how it is to lock and unlock. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rechargeable devices can only recharge so many times before they fail to hold a good charge. What do you do then, replace the whole fob? A $2.00 battery replacement every 3 years seems like a better deal.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish they had it hidden like the Ranger instead of having a exposed black button
Agreed, it bothers me that it's exposed and obvious like that. It's hidden on my RS, it's just a little divot in the handle.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the link!
The horn beeps twice on Fords if you exit with the vehicle running. As typical as so many other things, people want to defeat it because it's annoying to them. Those people create their own safety risk.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honest question: how often does a person lock/unlock from the passenger side with intelligent access? (Any make/model, not just Fords) Usually the driver has the key and locks/unlocks the whole vehicle for passengers. Just curious. Never thought about it before.
Sponsored