First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So ive had my battery die on me once (or twice) before, and each time my doors were locked. The front door is no big deal just use key, but the rear swing door where i keep my jumper cables doesnt seem to have that same feature. Even worse you cant open up the latch easily from inside via a lever or pull string. I know of the trim piece removal and use a pick which isnt included to pull on the tiny lever but that cant be the only way. Any ideas on this?
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part of that design is I have installed the ford accessory security cage (without the hinged top) so if my battery died, there's literally no way I could get to that catch lol.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get a small, cheap jump box to keep in Bronco then you may not even need the jumper cables. You can keep it charged using the cigarette lighter. even if it's not fully charged, it will still have enough juice to unlock the tailgate.

Ford Bronco Unlock rear door without power? 1654041795831

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get a small, cheap jump box to keep in Bronco then you may not even need the jumper cables. You can keep it charged using the cigarette lighter. even if it's not fully charged, it will still have enough juice to unlock the tailgate.

Ford Bronco Unlock rear door without power? 1654041795831
Ironically, folks who bought their Broncos from one of the local dealers here are receiving these portable jump starters in the mail lately. I'm not sure if it's a gift from that particular dealer, or if the rest of us are getting them from Ford. Maybe this issue is the reason!

Sponsored
OP
OP
PcDBronco

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A keyhole like on the driver door would have been ideal. Maybe aftermarket can come up with something

Codiakmag

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive a F150 for work with the decked drawer system installed, had my battery die a few weeks back. Not to worry I keep a jump box in the decked drawer system, then I realized I couldn't get into the drawer because there is no way to unlock the tailgate.... was really hoping the Bronco gate would have a key lock

OP
OP
PcDBronco

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far the only thing i have come up with is attatching a wire to that lever through the slots in the panel and putting a pull handle on the other end. If no power at least in a 2 door the climb to reach it isnt so bad.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So far the only thing i have come up with is attatching a wire to that lever through the slots in the panel and putting a pull handle on the other end. If no power at least in a 2 door the climb to reach it isnt so bad.
I seen a thread where someone did this

OP
OP
PcDBronco

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seen a thread where someone did this
Ive been messing with the idea of running a bike brake cable to infront of my rear seat on passenger side using the the same holes the power goes through. Seems easiest to reach and cheapest solution.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go get an old internal trunk release cable off something at the salvage and make it work or a breaded para cord loop

OP
OP
PcDBronco

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go get an old internal trunk release cable off something at the salvage and make it work or a breaded para cord loop
Ive thought of this as just a simple idea too but i was ultimately wanting to prevent climbing back there to unlock it. Having a remote lever close to the front looks like an easy run and the parts total would be under 20$ it looks like.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive thought of this as just a simple idea too but i was ultimately wanting to prevent climbing back there to unlock it. Having a remote lever close to the front looks like an easy run and the parts total would be under 20$ it looks like.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?

OP
OP
PcDBronco

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Every last drop, id figure spend a few minutes getting intimate with my bronco now to save time in the future epsecially if i have alot of junk back there. 90% of the time the seats are folded down and have gear in the back. Who knows if its easier than i think ill document and share if it ends up clean.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to run into this problem. i will put my jump box inside the cab now though. I have the steel box in back. Cant go from the inside of the vehicle.
Sponsored