Sponsored

Why can’t the rear door unlock all the doors?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree it sucks as well even more annoying is that the rear passenger doors don’t unlock the doors either. I’ll have a few thing to put in the rear floor forget and have to grab the other handle. Or we are walking to the car and kids/wife again waiting while I load stuff. My fob doesn’t leave my pocket and it shouldn’t have to with the passive system. This summer I’m going to look into it farther and see if I can’t install handles in the rear passenger doors with the sensors and wire them in.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure we all have them. Personally if I am not remote starting from the house it never comes out of my backpack or pocket. just seems like it should be a configurable option to proximity open all doors from the rear. I certainly have adapted though.
Didn't mean to be salty, but I'm used to cars that have actual keys so I think it's pretty fantastic for me to finally join the 21st century! I'm still getting used to leaving my keys in my pocket.

Cliffhanger

Badlands
First Name
Koma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drives me nuts too. Wife is standing there while I’m fiddling around in the back with the dogs.
It’s possible to give others access to your Ford Pass app so they could unlock the doors with their phone instead of waiting.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This right here. This is the problem. It’s annoying as hell.
And yet also one of the most minor complaints I've ever heard.

Are people really spending a substantial amount of time diddling around in their cargo area while passengers are standing around waiting to get in?

3 cars in a row with keyless-go and it's never even occurred to me that this could be something people would complain about.

If I have friends with me what I've always done without ever even thinking about it, is slip my hand behind the drivers door handle on the way to the cargo area. That unlocks all doors. You don't even have to pull the handle. Literally just slip your hand behind the drivers door as you walk by. Takes literally no time or effort. Especially if you're backed in to your parking space like a civilized human should be.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is the first time that I have heard the complaint that the Bronco is lacking in configurability.
My '13 mustang allowed you to change the colors of the dash and ambient lighting.
I'd like to be able to change the useless speedo to a tach
I'd like to be able to choose the gauge displays - I'd rather have oil temp than transmission temp.

I'll have to spend some time playing with the menus again in my Bronco, but compared to my Jeep the configurability of the Bronco feels like something a jr software engineer that isn't into vehicles at all would think would be good configurability options ;)

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you talking about the keyless entry feature? There're 4 antennas located around the body to pick up the FOB signal whiIIRC ony 2dr FE it only has the front two sensors (obviously it doesn't need the other two for the passch is why you can unlock individual doors or by touching the front handle or rear swing gate. Could be nothing more than cost savings by not putting the touch sensors and additional wiring on the rear doors.

1672320589528.png
Are you talking about the keyless entry feature? There're 4 antennas located around the body to pick up the FOB signal which is why you can unlock individual doors or by touching the front handle or rear swing gate. Could be nothing more than cost savings by not putting the touch sensors and additional wiring on the rear doors.

1672320589528.png
IIRC my 2dr FE only has the front 2 sensors. Could a 2dr owner add the 4door wires and extra sensor to get the rear 3rd door to work like the fFOB. Some how? I think the wiring is there for the latch/lock already as it is unlockable with the fob.

Edit...

So those are the proximity sensors for the FOB. But there must me another sensor in the door handles themselves. This is where the difference lies. Swap door handles to rear door or add sensor to achieve this feature?

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IIRC my 2dr FE only has the front 2 sensors. Could a 2dr owner add the 4door wires and extra sensor to get the rear 3rd door to work like the fFOB. Some how? I think the wiring is there for the latch/lock already as it is unlockable with the fob.

Edit...

So those are the proximity sensors for the FOB. But there must me another sensor in the door handles themselves. This is where the difference lies. Swap door handles to rear door or add sensor to achieve this feature?
Was thinking about this yesterday. May have to add some wires in the door, through bulkhead and tap into the front wires OR wires coming from the rear handle forward. Guess it all depends if the handle physically fits in the rear doors and how much of a PITA to do the wiring.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@FlipDo you have the door handle part #s handy

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the complaint. When I walk up to the rear to load something, all my passengers are standing by the doors waiting for me to walk up to the driver door and open them all. Usually I walk around the side and open them all before going to the back, but early on I forgot a lot.
This right here. This is the problem. It’s annoying as hell.
Ah, think I see your problem there. You got passengers.

Life if much simpler flying solo.

Seriously, I got one oopsy still at home and then there is the grandkids. I take care of them first then what the 'ell ever next.

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I have friends with me what I've always done without ever even thinking about it, is slip my hand behind the drivers door handle on the way to the cargo area. That unlocks all doors. You don't even have to pull the handle. Literally just slip your hand behind the drivers door as you walk by. Takes literally no time or effort. Especially if you're backed in to your parking space like a civilized human should be.
Yup, very simple.. I just walk by the front door on the way to the tailgate, slip my hand in and poof all the doors are unlocked including the tailgate. First world problems

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just take your doors off. There I fixed it for you(-;