Sponsored

excuse the dumb question... How do you unlock the back doors when the front doors are off?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like... the car locks the doors automatically when you drive, but the unlock button is on the front doors.

so that only leaves the key fob, is that the only way in? or am I missing something stupid.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
not sure that helps with unlocking the 2nd row. They do not have passive unlock capabilities like the front doors do.

I guess I could disable the autolock feature, though that would be nice if it did it automatically when the front doors are off, as I would want it to be on when the doors are on...

Its funny, the car acts like its shocked everytime the doors come off with warning alerts and such.

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i had the front doors off this past weekend and ran into the same question of how to unlock the rear doors without using the key fob. Never figures it out but the doors were easier to pull off and reinstall than I expected.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I could disable the autolock feature, though that would be nice if it did it automatically when the front doors are off, as I would want it to be on when the doors are on...
Will Ford "let you" disable the auto-locks or do you need ForSCAN. On my wife's F-150 Ford took away the user control so you have to use ForScan to fix it.

Sponsored

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Um……if you are out driving your Bronco or getting ready to drive it you have the key fob on you…….so not really sure why you need another way to unlock the remaining doors whether it be the rear doors on a 4 door or the rear gate on a real Bronco! 😃

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco excuse the dumb question...  How do you unlock the back doors when the front doors are off? FAE99994-43DE-47CC-A0D0-1BC9D2A3512D

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a head scratcher.... I think you're done!!! Sell it and buy a 2 door!!! :ROFLMAO:

Team 2dr = Badass (y)(y)

Roderick23

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know why this concept is so hard for some of you to understand. I personally keep my keys in my work bag. I put my work bag in the rear cargo area. I drive to work. I get out no doors on. And the rear tailgate door is locked with my bag in it with my keys in it. Yes I can adjust and change this habit but a unlock button upfront would have been nice. Simple concept. Not a deal breaker literally my only complaint about the whole vehicle. Love it. But idk why you people feel the need to defend everything. Nothing is perfect.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know why this concept is so hard for some of you to understand. I personally keep my keys in my work bag. I put my work bag in the rear cargo area. I drive to work. I get out no doors on. And the rear tailgate door is locked with my bag in it with my keys in it. Yes I can adjust and change this habit but a unlock button upfront would have been nice. Simple concept. Not a deal breaker literally my only complaint about the whole vehicle. Love it. But idk why you people feel the need to defend everything. Nothing is perfect.
So, you just leave your bag in the car with your keys in it and no doors?

Roderick23

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you just leave your bag in the car with your keys in it and no doors?
….I guess I am speaking some other language. No. I drive to work with my backpack in the rear. I get to work and go to grab my backpack which has my keys in it. So I hop out of my bronco no doors go around to the back to get my bag out and the rear door is locked. I then use the app on my phone to unlock the rear door. Grab my bag and go along my way.

it just would be easier if there was an unlock button located upfront not on the doors.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
….I guess I am speaking some other language. No. I drive to work with my backpack in the rear. I get to work and go to grab my backpack which has my keys in it. So I hop out of my bronco no doors go around to the back to get my bag out and the rear door is locked. I then use the app on my phone to unlock the rear door. Grab my bag and go along my way.

it just would be easier if there was an unlock button located upfront not on the doors.
If there was a button up front and someone had the metal security enclosure in the back then that would kinda kill the security part.
Sponsored