Sponsored

excuse the dumb question... How do you unlock the back doors when the front doors are off?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So this is got me stumped...wife's new 22 Badlands the rear door handle does have the sensor in the handle...so one can walk up to locked truck with fob and touch the inside of the rear door handle and All the doors unlock...

However, on my 21 FE this function is NOT available, door won't unlock by hand swipe????

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No it doesn't work on the rear
Our ‘22 Wildtrak does with fob in hand/pocket
I guess I didn't realize this was thread worthy. I took the front doors only off at one point and drove around like that for a bit. Why only the front doors? Because I had my GSD Kona in the back seat, and wanted the security of the door. But to get him out, I have to open the back door. It was at this point that I to realized that there's no unlock feature on that door. So I had to use the fob, I guess I just didn't think it was that big of a deal /shrug
Not sure which year or trim it started, but the rear door on ours has the unlock feature.
Would be great if the tailgate handle unlocked all the doors. That would solve for some of this and help when I am loading stuff into the back and the family is waiting for me to unlock the doors.
Yep, same thing, it does. ‘22 Wildtrak will unlock all doors from tailgate handle touch.
Edit: besides, what is the big deal with keeping a fob on you with doors off, OP? Even if you didn’t have the touch to unlock feature.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

just checked my 23. tailgate lock/unlock touch good, doesn't unlock fronts. rear doors dont have any touch sensors at all. Rear doors are dead other than FOB or front door switch.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have that emergency gadget too, but it's not genius to fool with. The proximity sensors are turned off on the rear gate on MANY broncos and folks are too UN-GENIUS to figure it out. Ford is at fault here. I have an appointment with service Friday for this exact warranty work. I'm having them tell me what EXACTLY is the programming issues.
Then I'll call the for FDRS rep and get the new programming fixed on ALL new broncos. To help others. Maybe even a OTA update?

That's truly genius.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
….I guess I am speaking some other language. No. I drive to work with my backpack in the rear. I get to work and go to grab my backpack which has my keys in it. So I hop out of my bronco no doors go around to the back to get my bag out and the rear door is locked. I then use the app on my phone to unlock the rear door. Grab my bag and go along my way.

it just would be easier if there was an unlock button located upfront not on the doors.
Makes sense. They missed that with rear cup holders.
Sponsored