Sponsored

excuse the dumb question... How do you unlock the back doors when the front doors are off?

Derkz34

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Prius, 2020 Honda Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t know why this concept is so hard for some of you to understand. I personally keep my keys in my work bag. I put my work bag in the rear cargo area. I drive to work. I get out no doors on. And the rear tailgate door is locked with my bag in it with my keys in it. Yes I can adjust and change this habit but a unlock button upfront would have been nice. Simple concept. Not a deal breaker literally my only complaint about the whole vehicle. Love it. But idk why you people feel the need to defend everything. Nothing is perfect.
I get what you are saying as I've thrown my bag back there before. But I always keep my key in my pocket so haven't had that issue as of yet.

Its annoying that keys have gotten larger over the years and aren't quite comfortable in a pocket, but to me bags are big theft items even when carrying them. Would suck to have a bag taken and then somewhere out there someone has the keys to your car.

I also did what @BroncoSarge did and that is a good easy way of accessing the tailgate if you don't have your key on hand
Sponsored

ejsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I missing something or could you use the unlock button on the FordPass app?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

….I guess I am speaking some other language. No. I drive to work with my backpack in the rear. I get to work and go to grab my backpack which has my keys in it. So I hop out of my bronco no doors go around to the back to get my bag out and the rear door is locked. I then use the app on my phone to unlock the rear door. Grab my bag and go along my way.

it just would be easier if there was an unlock button located upfront not on the doors.
Just grab the rear handle, if "in the back" you mean accessible from the tailgate. Tailgate unlock handle always works for that location

Sponsored

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure you could...but people getting in the back generally don't have the app, nor do they want to take the time to pull out the phone, open the app, find the unlock...

This is a minor pain. I often have the front doors off and the rear doors on for kid's safety,but the kids can't get in because the doors auto-lock.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
for sure you could, but the keyfob is quicker at that point.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

….I guess I am speaking some other language. No. I drive to work with my backpack in the rear. I get to work and go to grab my backpack which has my keys in it. So I hop out of my bronco no doors go around to the back to get my bag out and the rear door is locked. I then use the app on my phone to unlock the rear door. Grab my bag and go along my way.

it just would be easier if there was an unlock button located upfront not on the doors.
Ford has two solutions for this.
1) If you key is in your bag in the Bronco, just touch the gate handle and the door will unlock.
2) Turn on autounlock and all doors will unlock once you open a door* after shutting off the ignition.

This one only works with the doors on I believe

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just grab the rear handle, if "in the back" you mean accessible from the tailgate. Tailgate unlock handle always works for that location
No it doesn't work on the rear

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t recall having a problem opening the tailgate with the touch control function when I had the doors off. It seemed to work as it always did. It was some months ago now that I had the doors off and it will be a while before it’s warm enough to have them off again so I can’t verify now. I open the tailgate to raise and lower the soft top so the gate could be opened by touching the handle.

3473D776-D5FF-4B0B-8726-7C97C387E56C.jpeg
C12382CE-F8FD-4C05-BF5E-5B3FBDAEE75A.jpeg

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I didn't realize this was thread worthy. I took the front doors only off at one point and drove around like that for a bit. Why only the front doors? Because I had my GSD Kona in the back seat, and wanted the security of the door. But to get him out, I have to open the back door. It was at this point that I to realized that there's no unlock feature on that door. So I had to use the fob, I guess I just didn't think it was that big of a deal /shrug

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess I didn't realize this was thread worthy. I took the front doors only off at one point and drove around like that for a bit. Why only the front doors? Because I had my GSD Kona in the back seat, and wanted the security of the door. But to get him out, I have to open the back door. It was at this point that I to realized that there's no unlock feature on that door. So I had to use the fob, I guess I just didn't think it was that big of a deal /shrug
It's not a huge thing, but I would like a touch sensitive handle like the fronts. Others feel the same way.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not a huge thing, but I would like a touch sensitive handle like the fronts. Others feel the same way.
I get that people would like it, as I said I didn't realize it was a thing until it happened to me and never considered making a thread about it. I'm not trivializing someone's concern, it's very valid in this case. /shrug

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would be great if the tailgate handle unlocked all the doors. That would solve for some of this and help when I am loading stuff into the back and the family is waiting for me to unlock the doors.
Sponsored