Sponsored

Why can’t the rear door unlock all the doors?

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just why? Tell me I’m missing a setting somewhere
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you talking about the 3rd/5th door?

That's usually a feature reserved for the drivers door (or front row), in literally every automobile I've ever seen with electric locks. Presumably to prevent dogs and kids from unlocking all the doors.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think another factor is the possibility of low life’s gaining access to your vehicle as you are busy loading or unloading the rear. BTW, is it really a big deal one has to again grab the door handle to unlock a door after doing the same on the rear gate?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you talking about the keyless entry feature? There're 4 antennas located around the body to pick up the FOB signal which is why you can unlock individual doors or by touching the front handle or rear swing gate. Could be nothing more than cost savings by not putting the touch sensors and additional wiring on the rear doors.

Ford Bronco Why can’t the rear door unlock all the doors? 1672320589528

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think another factor is the possibility of low life’s gaining access to your vehicle as you are busy loading or unloading the rear. BTW, is it really a big deal one has to again grab the door handle to unlock a door after doing the same on the rear gate?
I understand the complaint. When I walk up to the rear to load something, all my passengers are standing by the doors waiting for me to walk up to the driver door and open them all. Usually I walk around the side and open them all before going to the back, but early on I forgot a lot.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the complaint. When I walk up to the rear to load something, all my passengers are standing by the doors waiting for me to walk up to the driver door and open them all. Usually I walk around the side and open them all before going to the back, but early on I forgot a lot.
Then just hitting the unlock feature on the fob as you approach the vehicle solves that issue.
As for me, I wish the real hatch had an optional swing direction. In my case opening right to left would work way better for unloading the back while in my garage. More then likely, they have the gate opening left to right for traffic safety reasons.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were a configurable setting it would remove liability issues. I'm really disappointed in the lack of configurability on the Bronco.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This right here. This is the problem. It’s annoying as hell.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drives me nuts too. Wife is standing there while I’m fiddling around in the back with the dogs.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does no one on this thread have a key fob? Just push the unlock button and *magic* all the doors are unlocked

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does no one on this thread have a key fob? Just push the unlock button and *magic* all the doors are unlocked
Sure we all have them. Personally if I am not remote starting from the house it never comes out of my backpack or pocket. just seems like it should be a configurable option to proximity open all doors from the rear. I certainly have adapted though.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it were a configurable setting it would remove liability issues. I'm really disappointed in the lack of configurability on the Bronco.
I think this is the first time that I have heard the complaint that the Bronco is lacking in configurability.

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gee. That sounds complicated.
Sponsored