MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks nice. So you don't need the 1" in front level to run 35s? No rub?
With a Badlands you won't need lift or level, you will need either different rims or wheels spacers. Don't know how many miles you have on your Bronco, but Badland take-offs sell for about $300 less than Sas take-offs. Prices vary regionally, but a Sas take-off set can now be had for around $1500 here if you are patient, I was able to get a set for $1000 but that was pretty lucky.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a Badlands you won't need lift or level, you will need either different rims or wheels spacers. Don't know how many miles you have on your Bronco, but Badland take-offs sell for about $300 less than Sas take-offs. Prices vary regionally, but a Sas take-off set can now be had for around $1500 here if you are patient, I was able to get a set for $1000 but that was pretty lucky.
Interesting. I was under the impression that to run a little taller Tire on these rims I would need to add either a leveling kit or lift to some degree to avoid possible rub. This not the case ? Perhaps just the crash bars is what I'd have to delete or go with slim bars to avoid concerns of rub / turn clearance ?

I got my 2022 Badlands with the optional beadlock rims which I'm kinda partial to as I love the look of. Oddly I haven't seen them on Broncs out in the wild much. I've been fortunate enough to not use the Bronc as my daily driver and she only has ~850 miles on her, so she's still a baby.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks nice. So you don't need the 1" in front level to run 35s? No rub?
The 285/75R17 measure 33.9”x11.5”, not 35”. The 315/70R17 Sasquatch tires actually measure 34.5” tall, so the 285/75R17 is within .6”. I found the +35mm offset (pushed out 20mm from stock) squares up the 285 wide tires so the tread is just covered by the non SAS flares. I didn’t have to remove the crash bars for this setup. If I were upsizing from here I’d go with the same wheel offset the the Toyo 35x11.5R17. The extra width is where things start rubbing upper control arms and require less offset. I stayed one size smaller because I’ve made the mistake of going too big/heavy in the past. I’d rather sacrifice that extra .3” of ground clearance and better looks to save 7# of unsprung weight per tire and have that little bit more clearance in the fenders. Another factor with the manual transmission 6th gear is already not that usable on anything but flat highway, the larger and heavier the tires the worse that situation gets. Fortunately I have the 4.70 gears, the 4.46 manual transmission guys who went 35” generally regret it. With the 10 speed it doesn’t make as much difference.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/toyo-35x11-50r17-tire-open-country-a-t-iii-355920/_/R-DJSM-355920

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 285/75R17 measure 33.9”x11.5”, not 35”. The 315/70R17 Sasquatch tires actually measure 34.5” tall, so the 285/75R17 is within .6”. I found the +35mm offset (pushed out 20mm from stock) squares up the 285 wide tires so the tread is just covered by the non SAS flares. I didn’t have to remove the crash bars for this setup. If I were upsizing from here I’d go with the same wheel offset the the Toyo 35x11.5R17. The extra width is where things start rubbing upper control arms and require less offset. I stayed one size smaller because I’ve made the mistake of going too big/heavy in the past. I’d rather sacrifice that extra .3” of ground clearance and better looks to save 7# of unsprung weight per tire and have that little bit more clearance in the fenders. Another factor with the manual transmission 6th gear is already not that usable on anything but flat highway, the larger and heavier the tires the worse that situation gets. Fortunately I have the 4.70 gears, the 4.46 manual transmission guys who went 35” generally regret it. With the 10 speed it doesn’t make as much difference.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/toyo-35x11-50r17-tire-open-country-a-t-iii-355920/_/R-DJSM-355920
Thanks. Great info. I wasn't aware manual VS 10spd would play a roll with wheel size in that regard. Interesting. 10spd here, but good to know regardless.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I was under the impression that to run a little taller Tire on these rims I would need to add either a leveling kit or lift to some degree to avoid possible rub. This not the case ? Perhaps just the crash bars is what I'd have to delete or go with slim bars to avoid concerns of rub / turn clearance ?

I got my 2022 Badlands with the optional beadlock rims which I'm kinda partial to as I love the look of. Oddly I haven't seen them on Broncs out in the wild much. I've been fortunate enough to not use the Bronc as my daily driver and she only has ~850 miles on her, so she's still a baby.
If you stick with 285/75R17or the Kenda 35x10.5R17 they should be narrow enough to fit on your stock wheels with no or slim crash bars. Most do a 1” front level like I plan on doing. Here is an example of the Kenda’s on your semi wheels with a 1” front spacer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lack-diamond-non-sasquatch.30908/post-1045318

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Great info. I wasn't aware manual VS 10spd would play a roll with wheel size in that regard. Interesting. 10spd here, but good to know regardless.
The 10 speed has more choices of closer ratio overdrive gears, so maybe yours stays in 8th or 9th gear more rather than 10th with larger tires but you don’t even need to pay attention. With the manual I have to decide between 5th and 6th every time and on every hill. I drive by the boost gauge in the cluster, the lower the boost the better the MPG so 5th generally does better even at the higher RPM. I get 20-21 mpg highway averaging 70 mph.

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you stick with 285/75R17or the Kenda 35x10.5R17 they should be narrow enough to fit on your stock wheels with no or slim crash bars. Most do a 1” front level like I plan on doing. Here is an example of the Kenda’s on your semi wheels with a 1” front spacer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lack-diamond-non-sasquatch.30908/post-1045318
Great thread. Thanks for the link! What do folks generally prefer for taller tire on non-sas badlands w/ stock rims without a level kit or lift, whike avoiding any rub / clearance concerns ? To be honest, I'm fine with swapping in slim crash bars, but might not go with a lift / level kit out of the gate since the factory rake doesn't bother me. If I can just go with taller tires on my factory rims to gain a little height, I might just start there and see how I feel before changing anything else. Just want to avoid rub.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great thread. Thanks for the link! What do folks generally prefer for taller tire on non-sas badlands w/ stock rims without a level kit or lift, whike avoiding any rub / clearance concerns ? To be honest, I'm fine with swapping in slim crash bars, but might not go with a lift / level kit out of the gate since the factory rake doesn't bother me. If I can just go with taller tires on my factory rims to gain a little height, I might just start there and see how I feel before changing anything else. Just want to avoid rub.
The Kenda Klever seemed to be the most popular with early builds. But the Baja Boss 255/85 is gaining acceptance and it's taller than the stock Sasquatch tires. It's crazy to me that anything less than 12.5" inch width is now considered a "pizza cutter".

I wouldn't consider getting rid of the FP wheels that were optional on the Badlands.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Kenda Klever seemed to be the most popular with early builds. But the Baja Boss 255/85 is gaining acceptance and it's taller than the stock Sasquatch tires. It's crazy to me that anything less than 12.5" inch width is now considered a "pizza cutter".

I wouldn't consider getting rid of the FP wheels that were optional on the Badlands.
I agree the 255/85 is an interesting size that will fit, but I wouldn’t consider an E rated tire for one of these Broncos. I know plenty of people do it, but my previous experience with trucks lighter than 3/4 ton with E rated tires was unacceptable.

Sponsored

GoodThunder

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Badlands, Carbonized Gray (Pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non-sas Badlands that came with the optional BL wheel as well. I liked that wheel, but ultimately decided to replace it to help go up in size. My wheel is the same size and offset as the sas wheels (17" and +30 offset), and I got the same size tire as a sas as well (315/70R17). I removed crash bars, but haven't done any type of lift. No issues at all. Considering a 1" level lift as others have mentioned, but mostly just for the look. I was able to sell my optional Badlands wheels and tires for a decent amount, so it offset a good percentage of the new wheels and tires.

If you like the sas stance and don't want to replace your wheels, you could probably do like a 1" wheel spacer and then get the sas sized tires put on. Or, finding sas wheels/tire takeoffs to buy is likely the cheapest route if you sell your current wheels/tires.

Ford Bronco Less Squat on Non-Sas Badlands ? 1702304463123

OP
OP
Blu6GBronco

Blu6GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys. All these options sound appealing for different reasons. I'm going to research each tire option and weight it out. Nice to know there are many ways to slim this with a variety of testimonies everyone has. Looking forward to locking one of these options in soon.

Jolo86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLC 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also has a wider track width with the different offset wheels. And wider flares/bumper.

This is my standard badlands with Eibach replacement coil springs on 315/70/17's

Ford Bronco Less Squat on Non-Sas Badlands ? 1702304463123
How do you like the Eibach coilover replacement? Did you need to change UCAs? What type did you get and would you recommend?
Sponsored