Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm headed here July 7-11th, it will be my first big outing with my Bronco and my first time beach driving - any tips?
Be prepared for bugs (horse flies, no-see-ums, sand flies) if the wind dies down because they will swarm FAST and they hurt when they bite. If the wind is up consistently you'll be fine. Definitely air down to drive on the sand. I've always been fine around 15-18 but everyone has their preferences. Depending on how long you'll be out there (I was on the island for 4 days) be sure to be fully prepared in terms of food, water, shelter, etc. There is no coming back and forth from the island to the mainland. It's an amazing trip but definitely requires some preparation if you're camping! Feel free to message me on IG (@routhless_) if you have any questions!
Sponsored

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How far down are you all going with the air? I've got 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and wondering how much (if any) I need to let out when I get to the OBX next month. Thanks!
Driving on the island I've always been fine arounds 15-18 but everyone has their own preferences. I think the ferry services recommend about 18

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Carova- do yourself a favor and hit the backroads some . We’re by the Fire Station, back on the sound. Go to the Va border, go over the last ramp, and hit Ocean Pearl for your way back. Then get back on the beach at the Fire Station or one ramp south (#22). Ramps are a little sketchy right now. Also- watch for the PoPo, they rigorously enforce the speed limits and the have a fleet of unmarked vehicles to catch you with…..
Ford Bronco Let’s see those Beach pics! 0AC67FA6-B342-40ED-9F23-8ED9F4BE82D8

toddf125

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hummer H2, 07 Dodgeram 3500 SRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great looking Bronco!! Do you have the Bestop or Rampage soft top?
Best top soft top. Love it. Initial install takes some time. NOT the 1 1/2 hrs the instructions say! Haha!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My favorite place in the world. I took the F-150 up there in early June. The week it was socked in with fog. Even with new Grabber ATX's aired down to 20, the sand was especially deep, soft and difficult that week.
I know what you mean, the sand can really vary, I've been on Carova beach when the sand has been hard and other times it's really soft and deep. When it's hard the people that take RAV4's and such out there get away with it but when it's not the tow trucks make some $$.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wrestled with this and watched a video. Went down to 18 lbs and had no issues with pretty fluffy sand. Was nice that I have a pretty capable compressor for my RV along on the trip which worked great to get me back to normal pressure on the Bronco (no waiting in line).
My favorite place in the world. How far down do you air?

Sponsored

mikes781

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
East Beach on Chappy? One of my favorite places. Haven’t been there in years unfortunately.
Chappy, out by Wasque Point. Great beach even though the regulations from the Trustees gets more difficult for OSV’s every year.