Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I don't know about you guy's but my wife and I are finally jumping on the boat and buying a Yeti cooler for the Bronco. I was against the Roof rack for a MIC top due to the extra steps to remove the top, but I think the roof is the best mounting location. So has anyone had any cool idea's on where they plan to mount one or store one?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheColemans05

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can buy the same thing at Walmart for half the price of a Yeti.
Yeah, I work at a company with road techs who keep coolers on their work trucks and we had "cooler wars" last year to see if spending the extra money was worth the result. The Yeti out preformed, Rtic, Shiti, Igloo, Lifetime and Ozark. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the igloo version of a yeti cooler. It’s pretty decent for the price, but I want one of those electric coolers. I hate soggy food!

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please record your effort in mounting a fully loaded cooler on your roof. (There is a reason hitch carriers exist.)
For real. A 65 weighs like 30lbs dry.

If you're going to spend the money get an ARB and keep it in the back. jmho.

OP
OP
TheColemans05

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please record your effort in mounting a fully loaded cooler on your roof. (There is a reason hitch carriers exist.)
It will be the number one watched video on TikTok haha!

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I work at a company with road techs who keep coolers on their work trucks and we had "cooler wars" last year to see if spending the extra money was worth the result. The Yeti out preformed, Rtic, Shiti, Igloo, Lifetime and Ozark. I don't mind spending a few extra dollars.
Wow. People fight over everything now a days. Lol.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love my Yeti products but if you’re going a 45 or bigger I would rearrange your cargo plan. You’re not going to want to lift it up there when it’s full and honestly I wouldn’t trust it up there. Put the yeti inside and some lighter things on top.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love my Yeti products but if you’re going a 45 or bigger I would rearrange your cargo plan. You’re not going to want to lift it up there when it’s full and honestly I wouldn’t trust it up there. Put the yeti inside and some lighter things on top.
My wife and I got a yeti 45 as an anticipatory accessory for the Bronco for our birthday from my family. I come from a backpacking background for camping so have never needed to concern myself with coolers beyond just a small light coleman to keep stuff cold for a few hours. Holy hell was I not expecting how heavy those coolers are even when empty.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only ever bought 1 yeti product... the bigger glass/cup/tumbler... whatever it’s called. Was a POS from the beginning... my comparable cheap Ozark works great. I’m sure it was just a manufacturing mistake, but it’s my experience thus far... 🤷‍♂️

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just a thought, but @Beach_Bum is right that a dynamic load of a cooler full of stuff and ice will suck on the highway and even light trails. Strapping down that cooler properly will be a hassle.

Have you thought about a plug in cooler/freezer? If you're going to spring for a Yeti, keep in mind they don't hold much unless you buy the really expensive and big ones that cost $500+, then you have to source ice and any food in there can get soggy.

You can plug in an ARB or Dometic and be good for your trip. If inclined, you can buy a battery to power the cooler overnight and remember, there is no ice to buy.

Once you do the math, a powered cooler isn't much more expensive.

As far as where to put anything like this, put it in the back and strap it down back there. Put water, gear box (not recovery gear) and tent on the roof with your shovel and axe.

Others, please chime in.

OP
OP
TheColemans05

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just a thought, but @Beach_Bum is right that a dynamic load of a cooler full of stuff and ice will suck on the highway and even light trails. Strapping down that cooler properly will be a hassle.

Have you thought about a plug in cooler/freezer? If you're going to spring for a Yeti, keep in mind they don't hold much unless you buy the really expensive and big ones that cost $500+, then you have to source ice and any food in there can get soggy.

You can plug in an ARB or Dometic and be good for your trip. If inclined, you can buy a battery to power the cooler overnight and remember, there is no ice to buy.

Once you do the math, a powered cooler isn't much more expensive.

As far as where to put anything like this, put it in the back and strap it down back there. Put water, gear box (not recovery gear) and tent on the roof with your shovel and axe.

Others, please chime in.
Thank you for the constructive thoughts, I did not even consider an electric cooler. Let the research begin.
Sponsored