Sponsored

Plug in coolers what do you all do overnight.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all I picked up a Coleman 12v setup for dirt cheap. Didn’t realize it was a warmer or cooler and set it wrong testing it after an hour it was toasty lol. I was trying to pre cool it. Anyway what do you guys do overnight? Leave it plugged in? Unplug it. Do they drain your battery overnight? This one claims to pull 4amps but I’m not certain if that’s in an hour or what. Does the rear 12v outlet stay live all the time? Drove 6 hours today and it seems to be working I did our frozen water bottles in the bottom to help. Even the very top eaters and sodas were nice and chilled. Just wondering if I left it plugged in would I have a dead battery in the morning or does that outlet eventually shut off? I unplugged it for tonight.
Sponsored

Chief Dan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use an Ecoflow River Pro. Plug it into either 12v or 110 in the vehicle, will charge while you are running, and power both while charging and when parked at night - set it up, and off you go - no need to change any cables over when parking or driving

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like Chief, I use a portable battery bank. I use the Bluetti one. It charges while the truck is on from the rear cig. plug. Then when trucks off, it'll drain the battery from the Bluetti. I get about 3 days on my big ARB Fridge. You can see it in the walk-through video here:

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like Chief, I use a portable battery bank. I use the Bluetti one. It charges while the truck is on from the rear cig. plug. Then when trucks off, it'll drain the battery from the Bluetti. I get about 3 days on my big ARB Fridge. You can see it in the walk-through video here:

You get 3 days on just the Bluetti??

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use a RC 50l selfpowered fridge(that lasts 24hrs on a charge,and a 550w energizer power bank hooked into 12v has worked good so far for overnight trips to visit grandkid,but will find out how well it works end of month as we go on a 2week roadtrip adventure.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Plug in coolers what do you all do overnight. image

Realistically the EB70 is about 550 watt hours useable. The fridge I’m running cycles on and off. Off 0 watts, on about 40 watts. If it ran continuously (closed up hot car….) it would eat 400 watt hours in 10 hours. At lower temps it would easily double that time, but about two days max. I bought 200 watts of solar panel to charge it while camping.

It also has a 120 VAC outlet. 700 watts max

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very cool responses. Mine will probably be warm as heck tomorrow as it sit in the back of my bronco while we do the Off Roadeo. As I don’t have a battery backup. There just water and soda in there Diane had something cold on our drive over. Wondering if I ask them if they will let me out it in the off-Roadeo bronco along with my cargo net to secure it lol. My thoughts as we do trail rides once a month so far is to use it for that purpose and not have to mess with ice. As we found the ford cooler while they work ok leak like crazy. I noticed it still running when I left the bronco I assume the power outlet times out after 10-15 minutes. When I say cheap I paid $20 for a 40qt Coleman 12v cools and heats. It for traveling overnights like we are a battery backup seems like a great idea.

CriticalB

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can also get a 110V -> 12V adapter to run it from a standard wall outlet for a few bucks on amazon. I use that to pre-cool it before trips, and if you're stopping overnight at a hotel or something you can bring it in with you and keep it cooling. I'm sure the off-roadeo would let you stash it in a corner at the basecamp if you needed to.

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can also get a 110V -> 12V adapter to run it from a standard wall outlet for a few bucks on amazon. I use that to pre-cool it before trips, and if you're stopping overnight at a hotel or something you can bring it in with you and keep it cooling. I'm sure the off-roadeo would let you stash it in a corner at the basecamp if you needed to.
Off Roadeo is today so ordering anything is out. It was last minute decision at a garage sale. I seen it two hours before we left. I was like for $20 even if it didn’t work it’s a nice sized cooler. I probably will grab a 110-12v setup even for a campsite and whatnot.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an ARB zero fridge freezer. I ran a wire straight from the battery to the fridge. It will shut off before the battery is too low to start the vehicle. That being said. I have let it run for two days straight without having to start the bronco and never had a problem.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an ARB zero fridge freezer. I ran a wire straight from the battery to the fridge. It will shut off before the battery is too low to start the vehicle. That being said. I have let it run for two days straight without having to start the bronco and never had a problem.
Nice Any idea how many amps it pulls? I’ll tell you for $20 this Coleman was very nice 5 days 2300 miles and no buying ice and dealing with draining water! Friggen excellent! It would have been even better to have a setup for overnight but it was still cool every morning.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice Any idea how many amps it pulls? I’ll tell you for $20 this Coleman was very nice 5 days 2300 miles and no buying ice and dealing with draining water! Friggen excellent! It would have been even better to have a setup for overnight but it was still cool every morning.
It pulls 1 amp hr per hr its running. But it doesn't run constantly. It will idle when it needs too. I use it on my rock buggy also.

20220530_110125.jpg
Sponsored