Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Void is such a strong word, I wish people would stop using it. It takes some severe stuff to get a warranty voided.

No, modifications will not void your warranty. Individual claims can be denied if the dealer thinks that the modification caused the failure, but that still won't void the warranty. Some dealers just don't care and actually like to see modified cars come in. Others may may do some truth gymnastics to try and force the customer to foot the bill, just to make a quick buck. It almost always seems to be determined by the attitude of the service manager, and how much of money-hungry cockroach they are. Your best bet is to just be friendly and build a rapport with a preferred service writer and the service manager. You'd be shocked to see how far you can get by being nice to service staff since they're so used to getting crap all day. Slipping a Hamilton on the dash with a note saying: "Please take care of her" will make that car the VIP in the shop, instantly. Can you tell I used to work in the service department of a dealership yet?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your best bet is to just be friendly
Whoaaa, lets not over reach. From what I have read here, it will play out more like this :

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whoaaa, lets not over reach. From what I have read here, it will play out more like this :
Just trying to nudge them in the right direction. ;)

But yeah you're probably right. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that kind of... approach... play out exactly like that clip lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Void is such a strong word, I wish people would stop using it. It takes some severe stuff to get a warranty voided.

No, modifications will not void your warranty. Individual claims can be denied if the dealer thinks that the modification caused the failure, but that still won't void the warranty. Some dealers just don't care and actually like to see modified cars come in. Others may may do some truth gymnastics to try and force the customer to foot the bill, just to make a quick buck. It almost always seems to be determined by the attitude of the service manager, and how much of money-hungry cockroach they are. Your best bet is to just be friendly and build a rapport with a preferred service writer and the service manager. You'd be shocked to see how far you can get by being nice to service staff since they're so used to getting crap all day. Slipping a Hamilton on the dash with a note saying: "Please take care of her" will make that car the VIP in the shop, instantly. Can you tell I used to work in the service department of a dealership yet?
Hey thanks! I do have a good relationship with guys at the Service desk at my dealer.
Better drop off some Christmas cookies this year!
Great points - thank you!

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could give you some insight since I had a lifted truck and had some things go wrong with it while under warranty, but you’re a di@k so I won’t.
LOL!
Pardon me, your ignorance is showing.

Dude is the 2751st person to ask the identical question.
Gets some solid on topic feedback and still has to smartass those attempting to save him some cash.

It's cool bro, $2500 seems like a fair price. Ford's ESP is made specifically for those who want to modify their vehicles with aftermarket parts and still have a solid warranty. It's cheap insurance.
HOOK IT UP!!!
THANK YOU!
I have infact researched aftermarket warranties.
I never said I would buy the Ford Extended Service plan, or Zeigler, or Flood.
I never asked peoples opinions on price of any warranty. But somehow... thats what I got!

I just wanted to simply know, peoples experiences with modified Fords, and the Ford Extended Service plan.
That's it! Have a lovely day, dude...

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A talk to someone about that pricing, you are getting ripped off at that price.

A lift kit can (and likely will) void your warranty on some parts. Notably, tie rods, steering rack, and CV joints... If you change the geometry and Ford determines that change was associated with the part failure, you are done. Now if your engine or transmission failed, probably not likely to be able to blame that on a lift... just like a Nitrous Oxide kit isn't going to cause your entertainment system or lights to fail.

FWIW, $200 deductible 150k miles for 6 years should be about $2500

Check with Granger or Flood Ford.
THANK YOU!
I never asked peoples opinions on price of any warranty. But somehow... thats what I got!

I just wanted to simply know, peoples experiences with modified Fords, and the Ford Extended Service plan.
That's it! Have a lovely day

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@mpeugeot did give you some pretty good insights to your question. No need to be a jerk...

As with anything aftermarket, there's a risk that you could void certain aspects of your warranty. Would a dealership void a warranty on a door seal because you got an aftermarket exhaust? No, probably not. But if it's something that could be directly tied to the issue, be prepared to have it void the warranty. It's also going to come down to the dealership you take your vehicle to - Some are a little more liberal with these things than others.
THANK YOU!

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with this.

100k for 5 years should only be $1200-$1800 depending on the deductible.
THANK YOU!

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pro tip: Instead of spamming the same response over and over, to multiple people in multiple posts... try the +quote button and reply to all of them, once, in a single post.

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I speak for everyone when i say

1668474406916.png
THANK YOU!

That's it!

** I WANT YOU DO BE MY DADDY! LOOKS LIKE YOU KNOW ALL THE COOL MOVIES!!

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pro tip: Instead of spamming the same response over and over, to multiple people in multiple posts... try the +quote button and reply to all of them, once, in a single post.
THANK YOU!!