Sponsored

Lifted Badlands but wanting to add Eibachs?

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey gang. Question for those suspension guru's. I have asked a few of the sponsors on here but didn't hear back. I have a 4" BDS lift and wanted to change out my HOSS 2.0 Bilstein's and was thinking going to the Stage 2 Eibach system. I am just a little confused on my setup if I can run that Stage 2 since I am already lifted. I feel my front end bottoms out (shocks) when I hit a good bump that allows full travel up front and was thinking a taller spring/shock would better to complement my set up.

Has anyone asked this or have any experience with what I am wanting to do? I love my lift but want some better shocks under the truck. I found a set of HOSS 3.0 shocks on Stupid Book (FB) for $400 (holy crap) but I am sure they are gone by now. I am not wanting to spend Fox of King coilover money and the Eibach's seem to have good reviews and have heard they are way better than the stock HOSS 2.0's.

Anyone?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey gang. Question for those suspension guru's. I have asked a few of the sponsors on here but didn't hear back. I have a 4" BDS lift and wanted to change out my HOSS 2.0 Bilstein's and was thinking going to the Stage 2 Eibach system. I am just a little confused on my setup if I can run that Stage 2 since I am already lifted. I feel my front end bottoms out (shocks) when I hit a good bump that allows full travel up front and was thinking a taller spring/shock would better to complement my set up.

Has anyone asked this or have any experience with what I am wanting to do? I love my lift but want some better shocks under the truck. I found a set of HOSS 3.0 shocks on Stupid Book (FB) for $400 (holy crap) but I am sure they are gone by now. I am not wanting to spend Fox of King coilover money and the Eibach's seem to have good reviews and have heard they are way better than the stock HOSS 2.0's.

Anyone?
What does your BDS lift consist of? Spacers? Perch Collars? Coilovers? In any case the Eibachs should work, you'll just loose some lift. You will basically be changing lifts...your current lift would be replace by the stage 2.0. With the Eibachs maxed-out most likely will loose 1" to 1.5".

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a Bilstein fan. You can go with 6100s and keep your Sas springs.

2.65" bodies.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does your BDS lift consist of? Spacers? Perch Collars? Coilovers? In any case the Eibachs should work, you'll just loose some lift. You will basically be changing lifts...your current lift would be replace by the stage 2.0. With the Eibachs maxed-out most likely will loose 1" to 1.5".
Spacers, UCA's, typical lift. I would think that you could use the spacers with the Eibachs and just not have them cranked up on the perch collars? Kind of like a one complements the other?

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a Bilstein fan. You can go with 6100s and keep your Sas springs.

2.65" bodies.
Do you know if the 6100's are a taller/longer shock? How is the ride over the factory 2.0's?
I thought of that same thing but for some reason I have in my tiny head that a coil over kit would complement the current lift unless it just isn't physically possible.

Like I mentioned it is like mine will bottom out I feel, will "jar you" for a second like the 2.0's are too short for the lift. Just like when I level super duty's if you hit a tall speedbump you can feel them bottom out.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you know if the 6100's are a taller/longer shock? How is the ride over the factory 2.0's?
I thought of that same thing but for some reason I have in my tiny head that a coil over kit would complement the current lift unless it just isn't physically possible.

Like I mentioned it is like mine will bottom out I feel, will "jar you" for a second like the 2.0's are too short for the lift. Just like when I level super duty's if you hit a tall speedbump you can feel them bottom out.
Not sure if they are physically taller, but they are designed for full travel with the Sasquatch springs. Usually they have 6 to 12 points of adjustment. You wouldn’t run spacers or preload collars with them.

The performance and ride quality will be night and day different.

The factory 2.0s are trash. Made to a price point based on cheap 4600s.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spacers, UCA's, typical lift. I would think that you could use the spacers with the Eibachs and just not have them cranked up on the perch collars? Kind of like a one complements the other?
Ahh, I misunderstood...you're saying you want to keep the top hat spacer lift, just change the springs or coil-overs? I've never seen a top hat spacer used in conjunction w/ an adjustable coil over but I'm sure someone has tried it. IMO it's not going to help your situation, probably make it worse.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahh, I misunderstood...you're saying you want to keep the top hat spacer lift, just change the springs or coil-overs? I've never seen a top hat spacer used in conjunction w/ an adjustable coil over but I'm sure someone has tried it. IMO it's not going to help your situation, probably make it worse.
Agreed. That is a dumb move.

You shouldn’t be lifting more than the max of the coil over anyways. We have IFS.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You shouldn’t be lifting more than the max of the coil over anyways. We have IFS.
Yep. Good the OP had enough sense to ask the question before pulling the trigger. Results probably would of killed the CVs, tie rods and rack in short order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if they are physically taller, but they are designed for full travel with the Sasquatch springs. Usually they have 6 to 12 points of adjustment. You wouldn’t run spacers or preload collars with them.

The performance and ride quality will be night and day different.

The factory 2.0s are trash. Made to a price point based on cheap 4600s.
So if I ran the 6100's I wouldn't use my current lift spacers is what you are saying?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if I ran the 6100's I wouldn't use my current lift spacers is what you are saying?
You shouldn’t run any spacer on an aftermarket coil over.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I wasn't sure if adding the coilovers would work in conjunction with my current lift. I was thinking that you are just changing out the factory coilover with a better quality one, or that was my initial thought?

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't trying to lift more than the 4" I currently have. My thought was with the perch at the lowest setting, adding the better quality coilover would make it perform better.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You shouldn’t run any spacer on an aftermarket coil over.
So the 6100 is just a shock or is it a coilover too? I thought it was just a shock replacement which "should" be fine?
Sponsored