HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a not so smart (didn't say stupid) question but have been thinking of switching out the factory SAS Bilstein's and putting Icon's on it. I have a 4" Maxlider lift but am wondering when selecting right Icon's do I go with the 2" lift one or is there a standard one to use?

Second part of the question is since the 2" one is sort of (from what I am reading) a 2" lift will it possibly help support the stance a little? Since my lift has settled some I get some rub at full lock on my wheel liners that I didn't get when first lifted. Was hoping that maybe I could gain 1/4 to 1/2 inch of height with the taller shock and my current lift.

Lastly, will the Icon's give any better ride/dampening over the factory SAS Bilstein's?

TIA, Dave
Ford Bronco Icon's on Lifted Badlands? Bronky Top Off
Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I have some good insight on doing just what you did. I took my stock wildtrak and put the icon CDEV shock setup with their upper control arms on mine. I didnt do the full system, just alacart for the shocks and upper control arms which are the two crucial things to get. I would say the ride has improved overall. More improvement in body roll control. The CDEV has corner boost as well as a straight line boost that helps to control nose dive under braking and squat on accel. The corner boost is great as well where you go into a corner and it puts more fluid restriction into the outside shocks to slow down its reaction and squash the roll. My Magnaride setup in my Shelby GT350 does something similar. There is a big improvement on travel as well so you get improved flex for offroading. Its still riding on the factory 35" tire setup.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dave,
I guess it would depend on what wheels/offset/tires you’re currently running.
Probably a not so smart (didn't say stupid) question but have been thinking of switching out the factory SAS Bilstein's and putting Icon's on it. I have a 4" Maxlider lift but am wondering when selecting right Icon's do I go with the 2" lift one or is there a standard one to use?

Second part of the question is since the 2" one is sort of (from what I am reading) a 2" lift will it possibly help support the stance a little? Since my lift has settled some I get some rub at full lock on my wheel liners that I didn't get when first lifted. Was hoping that maybe I could gain 1/4 to 1/2 inch of height with the taller shock and my current lift.

Lastly, will the Icon's give any better ride/dampening over the factory SAS Bilstein's?

TIA, Dave

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I have some good insight on doing just what you did. I took my stock wildtrak and put the icon CDEV shock setup with their upper control arms on mine. I didnt do the full system, just alacart for the shocks and upper control arms which are the two crucial things to get. I would say the ride has improved overall. More improvement in body roll control. The CDEV has corner boost as well as a straight line boost that helps to control nose dive under braking and squat on accel. The corner boost is great as well where you go into a corner and it puts more fluid restriction into the outside shocks to slow down its reaction and squash the roll. My Magnaride setup in my Shelby GT350 does something similar. There is a big improvement on travel as well so you get improved flex for offroading. Its still riding on the factory 35" tire setup.

Great vids! The body roll and stability would be something interested in. When we go see my in-laws up in Kerville (bout an hour from us) the roads are a little more curvy and tight and it feels like a Tonka truck with the roll, kind of a weird sensation/feeling. I chalk a lot of it up to the 37's on 17's with all the sidewall but just not a sensation I care for.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dave,
I guess it would depend on what wheels/offset/tires you’re currently running.
17x9 with zero offset purposefully so it doesn't rub and didn't when first put on really. Keep in mind I bought and lifted it in April and just rolled 3K miles so I am not really rolling with it. 37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am I understanding this correctly? You are wanting to combine the Icon coilover lift with your 4" Maxlider spacer lift? If so, I would not recommend that.
Sponsored