Sponsored

Lifted Badlands but wanting to add Eibachs?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the 6100 is just a shock or is it a coilover too? I thought it was just a shock replacement which "should" be fine?
All Broncos have coilovers front and rear.

A coilover is just when the shock (called strut) includes the spring in the assembly.

So technically these are strut replacements.

6112s come with springs.

Ford Performance come with Sasquatch springs and top hats, aka a complete coilover.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I wasn't sure if adding the coilovers would work in conjunction with my current lift. I was thinking that you are just changing out the factory coilover with a better quality one, or that was my initial thought?
Unfortunately it's not that simple with IFS. IMO your coil overs are probably fine, it's the 4" spacer lift causing your issue. If staying with spacer lift I'd first consider dropping down to 3".

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go the Eibach route, just ditch the spacer part of your BDS kit (and keep the arms and tie rod sleeves installed).

You might loose an inch at most of height but I don't think more than that.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saw @Caleb@PandaMotorworks has a deal on the Eibachs through today ($1525). If you are able to make a decision by today, that is a killer deal!

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you go the Eibach route, just ditch the spacer part of your BDS kit (and keep the arms and tie rod sleeves installed).

You can technically run spacers and coilovers, I have seen it done one time. Just cant use the perch collars. Now, whether it is good for your other suspension components is a whole different question. I would not recommend it

Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just saw @Caleb@PandaMotorworks has a deal on the Eibachs through today ($1525). If you are able to make a decision by today, that is a killer deal!
I sure do, awesome deal! Happy to get anyone hooked up. Last day I am able to offer that price, so take advantage if you have been on the fence!

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have an inch to give though. with the 37's and zero offset on full lock I will sometimes rub the inner fender skirt but I hear you.

That is a killer deal on the Eibachs for sure!

You're right down the road from me in Spring Branch... I am in Boerne and am the service manager at Ford of Boerne.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can technically run spacers and coilovers, I have seen it done one time. Just cant use the perch collars. Now, whether it is good for your other suspension components is a whole different question. I would not recommend it
Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for. So in that case I am just looking to replace the strut/shocks not the "coilovers"....

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All Broncos have coilovers front and rear.

A coilover is just when the shock (called strut) includes the spring in the assembly.

So technically these are strut replacements.

6112s come with springs.

Ford Performance come with Sasquatch springs and top hats, aka a complete coilover.
Thanks, I know what a coilover is, what a shock/strut is. My reply to the 6100 is that just a shock/strut or was it a coilover which is what I asked since it has collars on it too which I don't need. I haven't researched the Bilsteins that much because I hear mixed reviews about them and if it is worth the money over the factory 2.0's so I wasn't clear between the 6100 and 6112's. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, that is the answer I was looking for. So in that case I am just looking to replace the strut/shocks not the "coilovers"....
Are you looking to add additional lift over the 4" you already have? If not, I would just upgrade to a true coilover lift now and ditch the spacer lift. That will resolve any issues you are currently having. Easier than playing around with different struts to make your spacer lift better, just overall less headache. You can get just about 4" out of the Eibach's and you already have upgraded UCA which will allow you to max out the height.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SO to clarify for everyone since this is getting a little out of hand it seems :oops:

Question was can I run the Eibachs with my current lift. Answer "no" ✔

Why did I want to do that? I thought you could run them in combo without effecting anything. I thought this because I wouldn't be adding height, just an improved spring and strut. Not trying to get more lift, just upgrade the suspension.

Second part now.... What shock/strut would be a good replacement then over the factory HOSS 2.0

Thanks everyone for the replies, I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you looking to add additional lift over the 4" you already have? If not, I would just upgrade to a true coilover lift now and ditch the spacer lift. That will resolve any issues you are currently having. Easier than playing around with different struts to make your spacer lift better, just overall less headache. You can get just about 4" out of the Eibach's and you already have upgraded UCA which will allow you to max out the height.
No not yet. I do eventually want to run a 38 or 39 when it isn't my daily anymore, do the axles, gears etc. and other things. It seems like there are only up to 4" lifts for the SAS packages and when that time comes I am hoping there is something more out there to choose from.

I just want to replace the shocks for now since it seems I got my answer. My entire question was (since I didn't know and could never get an answer) was could I run the Eibach coilovers with my current lift. Not to go higher but just to upgrade the quality of my suspension. I wasn't trying to go taller, just make it better. As everyone said that is not really an option so just changing out the shocks/struts with my current setup for better quality (ride on/off road) would be what I am looking for over the stock HOSS 2.0 yellow junk shocks.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know if the 6100's are a taller/longer shock? How is the ride over the factory 2.0's?
I thought of that same thing but for some reason I have in my tiny head that a coil over kit would complement the current lift unless it just isn't physically possible.

Like I mentioned it is like mine will bottom out I feel, will "jar you" for a second like the 2.0's are too short for the lift. Just like when I level super duty's if you hit a tall speedbump you can feel them bottom out.
It's strange that you keep mentioning "bottoming out". That is one thing that I've never experienced with the factory struts/shocks and their internal stops...

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obligatory, but have you asked Eibach? Others have said they're pretty responsive. Also maybe @AccuTune Offroad or some of the other suspension tuners might know.
Sorry I missed your reply. I haven't reached out to Eibach yet but did to a few sponsors on here and a few other shops with no reply and some head scratching so I thought I would ask here.

Stay warm up in North TX. bud...

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's strange that you keep mentioning "bottoming out". That is one thing that I've never experienced with the factory struts/shocks and their internal stops...
Don't know what else to call it. Could be just the way it is. There is one speedbump at our local HEB grocery store that every time we hit it my wife even says "WHAT'S THAT!", just a slight "bang"/jarring sharp reaction like it runs out of travel (which it doesn't) and the back goes over just fine. I compare it to all my super duty's. When I would do a leveling kit if I didn't put longer shocks on the front you lose 1.5-2" of travel so they would bottom out from time to time....add a longer shock and that goes away. That is what it feels like mine does from time to time. It is probably all in my head but I would imagine when you lift it, the shocks aren't any longer so you lose some travel... maybe I am wrong?
Sponsored

Last edited: