Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I'm a future 2022, 2023, 2024 Bronco owner, Order placed in 2/22

I have ordered the Factory AUX switches and watched a bronco nation video showing that there is wiring accessible for installing a light bar.

I watch 8-10 videos on YouTube with Bronco owners installing light bars and NOT utilizing the wiring. Not sure if its by choice? or maybe they don't have the AUX switch.

Are all light bars able to use the wiring ? if not, why and which light bars from your experience are able to use the stock wiring.

I don't want to run wires down the side of my windshield.

thanks for any help.

Shawn
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I'm a future 2022, 2023, 2024 Bronco owner, Order placed in 2/22

I have ordered the Factory AUX switches and watched a bronco nation video showing that there is wiring accessible for installing a light bar.

I watch 8-10 videos on YouTube with Bronco owners installing light bars and NOT utilizing the wiring. Not sure if its by choice? or maybe they don't have the AUX switch.

Are all light bars able to use the wiring ? if not, why and which light bars from your experience are able to use the stock wiring.

I don't want to run wires down the side of my windshield.

thanks for any help.

Shawn
Yes, it would be very easy to connect the wires to what ever AUX switch you want. You just have to connect it all together, meaning there are 6 HOT wires for each of the switch ports in the back engine compartment on the drivers side, they are color coded. You then pick which switch you want to connect, then connect that to either the Brown/White or White wire (Found in the back of the glove box), then connect to the wire that up above for the light bar.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The built in Aux 1 will work for a light bar as it is 25amp rated. Aux 2 will also handle most LED light bars.

Your aux switch wiring terminates by the firewall on the driver side in the engine bay. From there, you connect the Aux 1 wire to the accessory wire running wherever you mount the accessory. Ground to nearest chassis ground point near your accessory and power is supplied via the accessory wire.

There is an aux wire that pops out near the front bumper and on top of the front window, so you are pre-wired for both options..

Some light bars require secondary control circuits, so you will have to run those wires down your window trim or through the engine bay and through the firewall.

For a simple, no back lit, non RGB LED light bar, you only need to connect to Aux 1 and the ground.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The "light bar" aux switch wiring Ford left is a joke. That's why nobody uses it. They used SUCH a small gauge wire that no light bar should utilize it. It's under-rated for the bar that are being installed up there. Not to mention you have to drill a hole in the roof to access it. Best to run the wire down the window channel. As for the other wires left for Ford in the grill area... WHY??? Totally useless. It saves no time in running a harness, since you're in the engine bay already. Ford dropped the ball, once again, with the wire gauge thickness on the upfitter wires.

Every good bar will already come with the necessary wiring to install on your truck w/factory upfitters.

Check out our site for lots of plug and play solutions

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My 2 cents (More like $800):

I recently ordered the OEM AUX switches to a SwitchPro 8 gang module because the power for the AUX switches had too many limitations.

First, only the 1st switch has a fuse rated for 30A. The 2nd switch is 15A, and the rest are 10A.
Back to the first switch, which is the only one that would support a 30+ inch light bar, the wiring in the roof point is so scrawny that I wouldn't trust my phone to be charged through it without starting an electrical fire. I assume all of the other wires are like that.

Second, all of the other AUX switches are rated so low that they're useless unless you just want to run 2 fog lights off of each before risking damage.

Last, the AUX switches only serve an on/off function, and wanted a feature from the Switch Pro that only I could get from that module, which is the strobe function.

SwitchPro's 8 gang module has been tried and true, and as it's run through solid state and supplies up to 125A, so it should last forever. SDHQ has a mount to replace the factory AUX switches and should fit the SwitchPro perfectly. Both suppliers also have 12 gang switches, but I didn't see the need for that many switches.

I'll post pictures after installation, but I'm sure they'll work loads better than the AUX switches.

The SDHQ mount: https://bit.ly/3wJ0IXX
The Switch Pro: https://amzn.to/3yXfxZI
Sponsored