Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-dr Badsquatch, 1998 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm coming from a 1998 Land Cruiser built for overlanding, so pretty good sized rig, very mechanical, and 24 years old. I bought the 2 door Badsquatch 2.7 because my kids are in/about to be in college and wanted something more fun for me, so totally expected to have less space. I thought I'd share thoughts and a couple pics to help anyone on the fence about whether 2 or 4 doors is for them.

Some basic recovery gear for a quick blast up Coyote Butte (pronounced bYOUt, a volcanic cinder cone, I live in Central Oregon)

PXL_20220116_231619140.jpg

I knew it would be less storage, but had hoped the maxtrax would at least lay flat... nope! That's fine, will figure out a rack strategy for them and other stuff.

The back seats - very comfy for adults, very happy there. Getting into the back, not so much. Seat doesn't come very far forward so it is awkward to do. Oh, and at least on mine the front seats are tough to slide forward so it is a bit of shoving match to get them forward - going to grease the rails and see if it helps.
PXL_20220118_163610353.jpg

What makes it worse to get in are the lack of good grab handles up top. I get why that's tough with the Air Cushion but hoping an aftermarket solution comes out.

Turning radius - damn good! Best in the household fleet except maybe the daughter's Element.

2.7L & Sasquatch - *plenty* quick and torquey, but I REALLY want the Sport mode to help shift points and lag off the line (not offered on Badlands). Hoping/waiting for a Forscan remap of the Eco mode (which I can accomplish by just not using the go pedal : ) I've engaged traction control punching it on dry pavement while turning and can be up to freeway speed in nothing flat, so I'm not complaining and can live with as-is, just annoyed since I know it's just some different settings.

Overall thrilled and 10/10 would buy my 2door again - any other pics/questions I can answer just holler!
Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting the pics! I'm getting a 2D as well and I think for camping trips for 2 adults, at a minimum we would need 1 rear seat delete...probably both.

Tx 2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WT, Yukon, Porsche 911,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2dr being delivered this month. I see myself taking out the rear seats as soon as I get her. It’s only my wife and I and the 75lb Doberman, he will be more comfortable without the seats.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love my 2dr, suits me perfectly

As far as grab handles, worth the price of admission, my friends gf used it last night when she climbed into the back seat as shes short.

dont mind the interruption, great review, just wanted to provide a solution to the lack of grab handles
Sponsored