First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the doors unlockable from the interior when the top is down and you have locked the vehicle with the remote/fob? I know on my mustang if i leave the top down and lock it, someone can not just reach in and push the button to unlock it. Of course mustang has a trunk and bronco does not.
Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco isn't here yet, but I did have a Jeep in the past and with even the soft top on, I never locked my doors. I didn't want them to cut the top to get into my vehicle.
A friend of mine lived in downtown Philadelphia with a soft top Wrangler. He NEVER locked it. He literally opened the glovebox and center console so if anyone wanted to look in to see if there was anything in there, they'd know and move on.
IMHO, it doesn't make sense to lock the doors with the top down.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can tell you for certain, if the top is down or up (it doesnt matter), and you have locked the vehicle with your FOB, it is possible to hit the unlock button on the door (if the doors are on). However, when someone opens a door the alarm for the vehicle will go off, I have tested this and it works perfect.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So interesting “conundrum” maybe?

I had the front doors off this past weekend, and the top all the way down. I left the back doors on because my dog was in the back seat and I like the doors for security. Well the problem was that the back doors auto locked, and the lock/unlock buttons are on the front doors! And I couldn’t open the back door without using the FOB😂

OP
OP
TopsSuk

TopsSuk

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco isn't here yet, but I did have a Jeep in the past and with even the soft top on, I never locked my doors. I didn't want them to cut the top to get into my vehicle.
A friend of mine lived in downtown Philadelphia with a soft top Wrangler. He NEVER locked it. He literally opened the glovebox and center console so if anyone wanted to look in to see if there was anything in there, they'd know and move on.
IMHO, it doesn't make sense to lock the doors with the top down.
I guess it is just a false sense of security or deterant from someone hoping in and just using it as a showroom vehicle. I have the drawer box in therear cargo area and if the tailgate door was locked just one extra layer someone would have to go through to break in to that.
Sponsored