Sponsored

Noise with top down / off and doors on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everybody. I could use some help with my decision to order a bronco.

Compared to a wrangler, I’m wondering how windy and noisy the cabin is with the soft top all the way down and windows up, or the top off altogether, both at around 40MPH and also at 66-70. I sold my wrangler for a Mercedes convertible due to this issue preventing me from talking on the phone, as well asthr poor ride on the freeway, which is apparently way better in a bronco then a wrangler.

What have your experiences been like?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can talk on Bluetooth with my soft top down and windows up on the interstate with ease.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice. Have you driven a wrangler? How would you say it compares noise wise?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can talk on Bluetooth with my soft top down and windows up on the interstate with ease.
I'm very curious what the person on the other end of your call hears. All I'm picturing is loud static-like noice lol.

But to be fair, I've never tried it. Even with the soft top up and windows up, I find I have to speak a little louder when on a call vs. a hard top vehicle.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive had a handful of conference calls in my Bronco with my soft top and windows up. Each time I felt like it had to be hard to hear me but no one has mentioned any problems ever on their end, FWIW.

I think if you drive by a semi truck or something loud its somewhat noticeable but beyond that its seemingly not a big problem in normal roof up windows up mode.

Sponsored

Badness

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 1968 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned a Wrangler for 11 years - couldn't keep a baseball hat on with doors and top off. Been topless and doorless for 2 weeks - hat on and wind noise no where near as bad as wrangler. Bluetooth phone calls possible in town, but not on highway. Normal conversations on highway also possible.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I owned a Wrangler for 11 years - couldn't keep a baseball hat on with doors and top off. Been topless and doorless for 2 weeks - hat on and wind noise no where near as bad as wrangler. Bluetooth phone calls possible in town, but not on highway. Normal conversations on highway also possible.
Thanks for all your feedback. This is super helpful. I’m going for it as soon as the order banks open.
Sponsored