Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi everyone, we're brand new to the forum and wanted to introduce ourselves, say hello, and show you guys a little bit of what we've been working on.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Product Development Thread DTS_0432X-w

My name is Chris and I started LOBO Off-Road earlier this year to develop products primarily for the Bronco. My other company is CSD Racing Products, under which we have quite a few years in the RZR and Side-by-side market, building cars, designing and manufacturing products for them. Before that, I got my start in the off-road aftermarket industry as a welder and fabricator for Poison Spyder, All-Pro Off-Road and others. I've been a part of several championship Baja and short-course race teams including Rob McCachren's and others, and my design and build philosophy is influenced by that experience.

I've had my own Wildtrak on order forever it seems, so I've been patiently waiting right along with many of you guys. Fortunately I have several friends close by whose Broncos I've been able to borrow for measuring, fitting and prototyping. I own my own Faro arm with scanning software, and design all of our products myself in SolidWorks. Our products are CNC laser cut, brake-formed and fixture welded for a consistent fit and finish.

We have about a million things on our "To Do" list for Bronco, and the first of those I'm happy to share some of the work-in-progress photos here. Our first product on offer will be our HNT Series Winch Skid:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Product Development Thread DTS_0452X-w

This Winch Skid is made of 3/16 steel plate and accomodates up to a 10K LB winch including Warn ZEON, tucked in behind the intercooler. The HNT Winch Skid will fit with either the factory Modular Bumper or our own forthcoming HNT Series Front Bumper. Here it is with the Mod:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Product Development Thread DTS_0450X-w

But the skid really shines when used with our HNT Series Front Bumper for a sleek, low profile, High-N-Tight design (hence the name 😀).

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Product Development Thread DTS_0433X-sq

For those who wish to run without a winch, or who opt for our forthcoming winch-mount bumper, we're also working a non-winch skid. I don't have photos of it yet, but it will be aluminum, and interchangeable with our other bumpers and skids, as well as the factory Mod bumper.

Both of these products are still in development. The Winch Skid is just about done and ready to start production. The HNT Series Front Bumper, as you see it here, still has a few more tweaks we'll be making to it before it's ready for prime time. But we'd love to hear what you think about each of them so far.

We'd love to earn your follow on Instagram and Facebook. Our website is still in development but it will be located at lobooffroad.com.

We're in Southern California but we're looking forward to getting out to some events both here in the Southwest and across the country, so we hope we get to meet a few of you out there and on the trails.

Glad to be here, great to meet you all :)

UPDATE July 8, 2022:

Thanks everyone for your interest so far! The feedback both here and on our socials has been great. For anyone who would like to get on an interest list for this or any of the products we're working on, we've set up "Wait Lists" for each of them, on our website. Just go to the product page for whatever upcoming LOBO Off-Road product you're interest in and click the JOIN WAIT LIST button. Enter your name and email address and you're on the list! Here are the direct links to the product pages several of the items we're currently working on (note that some of these pages haven't been fully fleshed out yet, and most of our website is still in its infancy):
Getting on the Wait List for any of these products is NOT BINDING, meaning that it won't obligate you in any way. We don't like pre-orders because we don't want to take anyone's money before we have a product to send them. But we will be working from these waiting lists to determine initial production numbers and to allocate the first run items to those who showed interest by getting on these lists. And again, if you do get on the list then decide not to use your spot in line when it's time to order, we're cool with that too. So there's no obligation, it just helps us gauge interest and allocate first units, and provides us with a way to contact you when they are ready to accept orders.

By the way, I still do not have pricing worked out, or anything resembling a reliable ETA that I'm comfortable stating yet. So even if your interest is dependent on pricing or the availability date, it would still be helpful to have you on the list. Of course you can back out when you learn pricing and ETA, if those don't meet your expectations.

Thanks again for the interest, keep those questions coming :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi everyone, we're brand new to the forum and wanted to introduce ourselves, say hello, and show you guys a little bit of what we've been working on.

My name is Chris and I started LOBO Off-Road earlier this year to develop products primarily for the Bronco. My other company is CSD Racing Products, under which we have quite a few years in the RZR and Side-by-side market, building cars, designing and manufacturing products for them. Before that, I got my start in the off-road aftermarket industry as a welder and fabricator for Poison Spyder, All-Pro Off-Road and others. I've been a part of several championship Baja and short-course race teams including Rob McCachren's and others, and my design and build philosophy is influenced by that experience.

I've had my own Wildtrak on order forever it seems, so I've been patiently waiting right along with many of you guys. Fortunately I have several friends close by whose Broncos I've been able to borrow for measuring, fitting and prototyping. I own my own Faro arm with scanning software, and design all of our products myself in SolidWorks. Our products are CNC laser cut, brake-formed and fixture welded for a consistent fit and finish.

We have about a million things on our "To Do" list for Bronco, and the first of those I'm happy to share some of the work-in-progress photos here. Our first product on offer will be our HNT Series Winch Skid:

This Winch Skid is made of 3/16 steel plate and accomodates up to a 10K LB winch including Warn ZEON, tucked in behind the intercooler. The HNT Winch Skid will fit with either the factory Modular Bumper or our own forthcoming HNT Series Front Bumper. Here it is with the Mod:

But the skid really shines when used with our HNT Series Front Bumper for a sleek, low profile, High-N-Tight design (hence the name 😀).

For those who wish to run without a winch, or who opt for our forthcoming winch-mount bumper, we're also working a non-winch skid. I don't have photos of it yet, but it will be aluminum, and interchangeable with our other bumpers and skids, as well as the factory Mod bumper.

Both of these products are still in development. The Winch Skid is just about done and ready to start production. The HNT Series Front Bumper, as you see it here, still has a few more tweaks we'll be making to it before it's ready for prime time. But we'd love to hear what you think about each of them so far.

We'd love to earn your follow on Instagram and Facebook. Our website is still in development but it will be located at lobooffroad.com.

We're in Southern California but we're looking forward to getting out to some events both here in the Southwest and across the country, so we hope we get to meet a few of you out there and on the trails.

Glad to be here, great to meet you all :)
I'm in if somewhat affordable. Also can you bolt on a brush guard? Lightbar and some pods like the current modular ford bumper?

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. That looks really nice. A few questions:

1 - will it work with the ACC? Do you relocate it? If so where?
2 - how about the parking sensors? Seems like I see spots for them in the bumper.
3 - Will this work with the 2.7 intercooler?
4 - is the custom bumper AL?

Nice work. Thanks for the sneak peak. I'm in the market .... whenever my Badlands/SAS/2.7 Lux show up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in if somewhat affordable. Also can you bolt on a brush guard? Lightbar and some pods like the current modular ford bumper?
At this time I can not provide a hard cost of either product, until the products are put into production. The main goal is to produce a quality USA made product at a reasonable price. With that being said, we are not going to be able to compete with the overseas manufactures, but hope to offset the price difference by providing a quality, and functional product.

Yes on the brush guards, light bars, and pods, The idea is to have a modular unit that is customizable. We have a list of accessories options we will be providing for the base line product. We have in the works a brush guard kit and light bar mount, that would utilize the bumpers top mounting bolts for initial mounting. After mocking up the product, additional holes will be transferred over to the base bumper shell, for proper mounting. For the pods, with the removal of the center accent panel, the plan is to offer a bracket that accommodates Pods.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn. That looks really nice. A few questions:

1 - will it work with the ACC? Do you relocate it? If so where?
2 - how about the parking sensors? Seems like I see spots for them in the bumper.
3 - Will this work with the 2.7 intercooler?
4 - is the custom bumper AL?

Nice work. Thanks for the sneak peak. I'm in the market .... whenever my Badlands/SAS/2.7 Lux show up.
Thank you for your positive feedback!
1. I would like to test it with the ACC in the factory location, with and without the center accent panel, as from my understanding it may function correctly through plastic but not metal. However, we are in the process of designing a relocator bracket, for the ACC, in the grill area.
2. Yes the 4 round holes that you noticed in the bumper are for the sensors, we are working on our own sensor grommet, as it seems the oem grommets do not properly accommodate a material thickness of 1/8 or 3/16.
3. The bumper will work with the 2.7. Using the winch skid on a 2.7 is solely dependent on coming up with a solution to relocate the heat exchanger, mounted on the front A arm cross member that is in the way of the winch. We are in the process of seeing if a relocation bracket can be made.
4. The bumper shown is 1/8 steel, however we are considering offering a 3/16 aluminum version.

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your positive feedback!
1. I would like to test it with the ACC in the factory location, with and without the center accent panel, as from my understanding it may function correctly through plastic but not metal. However, we are in the process of designing a relocator bracket, for the ACC, in the grill area.
2. Yes the 4 round holes that you noticed in the bumper are for the sensors, we are working on our own sensor grommet, as it seems the oem grommets do not properly accommodate a material thickness of 1/8 or 3/16.
3. The bumper will work with the 2.7. Using the winch skid on a 2.7 is solely dependent on coming up with a solution to relocate the heat exchanger, mounted on the front A arm cross member that is in the way of the winch. We are in the process of seeing if a relocation bracket can be made.
4. The bumper shown is 1/8 steel, however we are considering offering a 3/16 aluminum version.
Really hope someone develops a bumper that does not trigger ACC relocation.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At this time I can not provide a hard cost of either product, until the products are put into production. The main goal is to produce a quality USA made product at a reasonable price. With that being said, we are not going to be able to compete with the overseas manufactures, but hope to offset the price difference by providing a quality, and functional product.

Yes on the brush guards, light bars, and pods, The idea is to have a modular unit that is customizable. We have a list of accessories options we will be providing for the base line product. We have in the works a brush guard kit and light bar mount, that would utilize the bumpers top mounting bolts for initial mounting. After mocking up the product, additional holes will be transferred over to the base bumper shell, for proper mounting. For the pods, with the removal of the center accent panel, the plan is to offer a bracket that accommodates Pods.
Sounds great. I like how ARB allows the factory round fog lights to be transferred over.

Reactions: RLW

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sick bumper
What did you do to the intercooler mounts.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great Chris! Glad to see Lobo Off-Road finally up and running, and here on 6G! I like how well that HNT bumper tucks up.

Hey guys I'm local to Chris and have seen his work first-hand. It's some really nice stuff :)

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks awesome, But like the Rough Country Hidden winch mount how do you reach the Spool/Engage lever in the winch?

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really hope someone develops a bumper that does not trigger ACC relocation.
Why are you against relocating the ACC??

I'm running the ADD bumper and relocated the ACC behind the grill, driver side and works just like it was in factory location. No issues what so ever.

20220611_110310.jpg

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where in so cal are you located?