Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We received first articles back from powder coat this week, and I've had my web guy photographing and editing them for our website. Here's the (incomplete) kit image for the HNT Front Bumper (minus hardware). I think it turned out nice! We'll have similar shots of the two skid plates to post up soon, along with assembled and mounted shots.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road Product Development Thread F6-11-200B_A-2400X1000
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Lobo Off-Road was wondering if the WNC Front winch bumper is going to work with the 2.7 and if so will there need to be anything relocated? I like the look and the fact that it doesn’t appear to stick as far out as the other bumpers like that do. Gonna start saving haha.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road was wondering if the WNC Front winch bumper is going to work with the 2.7 and if so will there need to be anything relocated? I like the look and the fact that it doesn’t appear to stick as far out as the other bumpers like that do. Gonna start saving haha.
Yes, All prototyping is being done on a first edition, as our shop bronco has not shown up yet. At the moment, the two inner tabs that mount the intercooler shroud, inside the frame rails, where the bumper mounts, will need to be cut off. and a ACC relocation bracket will be needed.

In order for the bumper to be as tight as it is, the winch is recessed in between the frame rails. With the warn EVO series, we have around 3/8" clearance per side of the winch. Our goal is to continue the HNT line, and make the winch bumper as tight as possible. With that being said, the front face of the winch bumper is less than 2" forward from the modular bumper and our HNT non winch bumper.

Later down the road, we will also provide a larger front bumper that will mount the winch on top and accommodate more light options etc.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but I do have a question of sorts.

For the outside 'wing' slotted inserts, have you considered an option to make an insert to mount fog light/ fog light combos? (similar to the set ups mostly used on the factory modular bumper)

To me, those slotted inserts look kinda out of place, looks wise.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bumper and it's high on my list of contenders. I just need to get Ford to build me my Bronco. 😏

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but I do have a question of sorts.

For the outside 'wing' slotted inserts, have you considered an option to make an insert to mount fog light/ fog light combos? (similar to the set ups mostly used on the factory modular bumper)

To me, those slotted inserts look kinda out of place, looks wise.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bumper and it's high on my list of contenders. I just need to get Ford to build me my Bronco. 😏
We have looked into it, However, the HNT line is catering more to the customer that values clearances over accessories. The screen insert areas, provide a reduction in weight and accessibility. The package is so tight that there was not enough room to mount any light that would be able to output any noticeable light. We will be offering another line that will accommodate more lights in the future. Also Our HNT winch bumper, ( due to the restrictions of the winch), it is looking like we may be able to sneak 1 pod per side, in addition to the the light mount option we will be providing on top of the bumper.

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome design, super cool looking, but isn't this hidden winch too low to get muddy and dirty while water fording ?

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone, we're brand new to the forum and wanted to introduce ourselves, say hello, and show you guys a little bit of what we've been working on.

My name is Chris and I started LOBO Off-Road earlier this year to develop products primarily for the Bronco. My other company is CSD Racing Products, under which we have quite a few years in the RZR and Side-by-side market, building cars, designing and manufacturing products for them. Before that, I got my start in the off-road aftermarket industry as a welder and fabricator for Poison Spyder, All-Pro Off-Road and others. I've been a part of several championship Baja and short-course race teams including Rob McCachren's and others, and my design and build philosophy is influenced by that experience.

I've had my own Wildtrak on order forever it seems, so I've been patiently waiting right along with many of you guys. Fortunately I have several friends close by whose Broncos I've been able to borrow for measuring, fitting and prototyping. I own my own Faro arm with scanning software, and design all of our products myself in SolidWorks. Our products are CNC laser cut, brake-formed and fixture welded for a consistent fit and finish.

We have about a million things on our "To Do" list for Bronco, and the first of those I'm happy to share some of the work-in-progress photos here. Our first product on offer will be our HNT Series Winch Skid:

This Winch Skid is made of 3/16 steel plate and accomodates up to a 10K LB winch including Warn ZEON, tucked in behind the intercooler. The HNT Winch Skid will fit with either the factory Modular Bumper or our own forthcoming HNT Series Front Bumper. Here it is with the Mod:

But the skid really shines when used with our HNT Series Front Bumper for a sleek, low profile, High-N-Tight design (hence the name 😀).

For those who wish to run without a winch, or who opt for our forthcoming winch-mount bumper, we're also working a non-winch skid. I don't have photos of it yet, but it will be aluminum, and interchangeable with our other bumpers and skids, as well as the factory Mod bumper.

Both of these products are still in development. The Winch Skid is just about done and ready to start production. The HNT Series Front Bumper, as you see it here, still has a few more tweaks we'll be making to it before it's ready for prime time. But we'd love to hear what you think about each of them so far.

We'd love to earn your follow on Instagram and Facebook. Our website is still in development but it will be located at lobooffroad.com.

We're in Southern California but we're looking forward to getting out to some events both here in the Southwest and across the country, so we hope we get to meet a few of you out there and on the trails.

Glad to be here, great to meet you all :)

UPDATE July 8, 2022:

Thanks everyone for your interest so far! The feedback both here and on our socials has been great. For anyone who would like to get on an interest list for this or any of the products we're working on, we've set up "Wait Lists" for each of them, on our website. Just go to the product page for whatever upcoming LOBO Off-Road product you're interest in and click the JOIN WAIT LIST button. Enter your name and email address and you're on the list! Here are the direct links to the product pages several of the items we're currently working on (note that some of these pages haven't been fully fleshed out yet, and most of our website is still in its infancy):
Getting on the Wait List for any of these products is NOT BINDING, meaning that it won't obligate you in any way. We don't like pre-orders because we don't want to take anyone's money before we have a product to send them. But we will be working from these waiting lists to determine initial production numbers and to allocate the first run items to those who showed interest by getting on these lists. And again, if you do get on the list then decide not to use your spot in line when it's time to order, we're cool with that too. So there's no obligation, it just helps us gauge interest and allocate first units, and provides us with a way to contact you when they are ready to accept orders.

By the way, I still do not have pricing worked out, or anything resembling a reliable ETA that I'm comfortable stating yet. So even if your interest is dependent on pricing or the availability date, it would still be helpful to have you on the list. Of course you can back out when you learn pricing and ETA, if those don't meet your expectations.

Thanks again for the interest, keep those questions coming :)
I’m really interested in the 2.7L option when it becomes available. Does it require any permanent modifications or cutting?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
awesome design, super cool looking, but isn't this hidden winch too low to get muddy and dirty while water fording ?
Thank you for the feedback. We realize that one product will not cater to all, and with that being said we are producing multiple product lines with there own individual key features, allowing the consumer to determine what product series works best for there application. For example, if you do plan on the lower half of your vehicle to be submerged in water or mud on a regular basis, the HNT winch skid is probably not the solution for you. We have alternatives we are working on, such as the HNT winch bumper or the standard winch bumper that we will be developing after the HNT winch bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m really interested in the 2.7L option when it becomes available. Does it require any permanent modifications or cutting?
Yes it will require permanent modification
  • The mounting tabs on the head exchanger will need to be cut off.
  • some drilling will need to take place for mounting the bracket.
  • water line will need to be modified.
that is what we have for right now, as we have not finalized everything yet. We will have detailed step by step instructions for the kit.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the feedback. We realize that one product will not cater to all, and with that being said we are producing multiple product lines with there own individual key features, allowing the consumer to determine what product series works best for there application. For example, if you do plan on the lower half of your vehicle to be submerged in water or mud on a regular basis, the HNT winch skid is probably not the solution for you. We have alternatives we are working on, such as the HNT winch bumper or the standard winch bumper that we will be developing after the HNT winch bumper.
Here is how I see my build going. I love the look and options of the DV8 OEM Bumper, its HNT, has lights, but no winch, and this is where your winch solution comes in for my 2.7L. This is my thinking at this point.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello, I wanted to reach out to everyone that is subscribed to this forum, and give somewhat of a update. We have been extremely busy at the shop getting everything in line to finalize the products: hardware kits, packaging etc and gearing up for the off road expo in Pomona CA.
  • We are in the manufacturing stage of the HNT non winch bumper, winch skid and aluminum skid.
  • We are also finalizing the HNT winch bumper, and the ACC relocation bracket kit. We should have a first articles soon.
  • The 2.7ltr bracket kit for the winch skid is in the R&D stage, and hope to provide more details on it soon.
I appreciate the support as we are a very small shop trying to make things happen without sacrificing the quality of the product.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, I wanted to reach out to everyone that is subscribed to this forum, and give somewhat of a update. We have been extremely busy at the shop getting everything in line to finalize the products: hardware kits, packaging etc and gearing up for the off road expo in Pomona CA.
  • We are in the manufacturing stage of the HNT non winch bumper, winch skid and aluminum skid.
  • We are also finalizing the HNT winch bumper, and the ACC relocation bracket kit. We should have a first articles soon.
  • The 2.7ltr bracket kit for the winch skid is in the R&D stage, and hope to provide more details on it soon.
I appreciate the support as we are a very small shop trying to make things happen without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Will Lobo be manufacturing the bumpers or will this be farmed out like Maxlider has with ADD?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will Lobo be manufacturing the bumpers or will this be farmed out like Maxlider has with ADD?
Yes, all design, test fitment, assembly of parts, parts packaging is done in house in the U.S.
Sponsored