Sponsored

Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy)

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been looking at wheel options and really like the Method 305s, but they are a little pricey (especially buying 5). In my searching I came across these wheels from Lock-Offroad that have a very similar look (13 spoke vs 12 spoke) but are more cost friendly. I've been trying to find pics of them installed to see how concave they are as well as a general idea of what they look like mounted on a vehicle. But they look like a fairly new player in the market so there isn't really anything out there yet.

Matte Black
https://lockoffroadwheels.com/collections/wheels/products/yosemite-matte-black

Ford Bronco Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy) blk compare

Matte Bronze
https://lockoffroadwheels.com/collections/wheels/products/yosemite-matte-dessert-bronze

Ford Bronco Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy) bronze compare

Comparing the specs they are very similar. The lock wheels are a little wider, and consequently weigh slightly more but other than that the only other difference is the hub diameter is a little smaller.

methods:
Ford Bronco Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy) method specs

Lock:
Ford Bronco Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy) lock specs

Does anyone have any experience with Lock Off-Road and any of their wheels? Thoughts on these wheels vs the methods or just opinions on these as a potential option?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No experience but good looking wheel. Looks like they are available in +18mm offset which I think is sweet spot.

OP
OP

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the feedback!

Sadly I think to get the +18mm offset you have to order the 20x9s...

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like that they are an odd number of spokes! I have this weird thing about even spokes looking like wagon wheels. Them being even draws negative attention.

Just Rob Please

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blueberry F150, Jaguar XK-R Dynamic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@BroncoEnvy Did you ever buy a set? I'm about to pull the trigger on a set that are similar to Fuels, but 500+ cheaper. I came here looking to see any review at all. It's either these or a set of Black Rhino's. I need the extra dough to fund other mods.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately my expendable income has been tied up in other expenditures recently and I haven't been able to purchase them yet.

Just Rob Please

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought Yosemite in bronze for my WT which is just a couple days away. They look great in the box and we're packaged well. I don't like the rough texture of the powder coat and hate the bolts on the fake ring. Not sure how to ceramic coat these so open to options. Overall though, great bang for the buck. I'll update if something major falls apart in these.

OP
OP

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought Yosemite in bronze for my WT which is just a couple days away. They look great in the box and we're packaged well. I don't like the rough texture of the powder coat and hate the bolts on the fake ring. Not sure how to ceramic coat these so open to options. Overall though, great bang for the buck. I'll update if something major falls apart in these.
Awesome news! Thanks for the update, glad that you are happy with them. I'm hoping to have the extra funds to order a set of their wheels here in the next couple of months. If you get some pics of them installed on your rig, please share.

OP
OP

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a side view. Just got the Bronco and wheels installed today, day 1. I love the darker bronze with these wheels over the copper look of those Methods.

PXL_20230908_194109547.jpg
Congratulations!!! 🎊🎉🎊🎉 Those do look slick and the bronze on EG is always a beautiful combo

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a side view. Just got the Bronco and wheels installed today, day 1. I love the darker bronze with these wheels over the copper look of those Methods.

Ford Bronco Lock-Offroad Yosemite wheels (Method 305/Fuel Vector copy) PXL_20230908_194109547
Any vibrations, specifically at highway speeds.?

In my experience, that is where many cheaper wheels fall short. Those types of vibrations are something I cannot tolerate, not on a new vehicle that ran silky smooth in factory form. The vibrations are hard on the steering/suspension parts as well.

Just Rob Please

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've done aftermarket wheels both super expensive and this price point. My tire guy balances them well. Once that's done right, it will roll as smooth as the tires that wrap the wheels. My experiences only of course.
Sponsored