ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of the steps shown above are fine for a taller person or one without any mobility issues. For a shorter person or one with knee issues they are still a long way up there. Some steps are just 1-2 inches lower than no step. That may work for you.

We went with Rock Slide Engineering retractable step. Even if we didn't use the rock slide feature, the retractable step works so well for a person who does not want to reach for a tall step. And in snow and mud they still retract. They are terribly expensive but running around town and jumping in and out is so easy compared our factory sliders and the fixed step we replaced those with. A week with our fixed step showed us that we wanted something lower.

OP
OP
GRB1959

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up purchasing the IAG running boards for a 2-door Bronco. They arrived in 4 business days via UPS.

https://iagoffroad.com/iag-full-length-ez-step-add-on-for-2021-ford-bronco-1-pair-/

I ordered the IAG running boards on Saturday and they arrived on Thursday, Feb. 8. I installed the running boards last night in my garage. There is an installation video that walks you through the installation process which is actually quite simple.

My wife is now able to enter/exit the Bronco without difficulty which makes her happy and in turn that makes me happy.

P1030337.JPG

P1030338.JPG

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am there with @ksdon with the Rock Slide step / sliders.... I wanted the protection BUT... my wife is 4'-10"..... they are more expensive. BUT... they drop 12 " when you open the door and then retract when you close it. They are not the easiest to install but they are not the most difficult either.

They offer great side protection from the rocks and they can carry the weight of the vehicle over rocks. they even protect against rock thrown up by the goodyears and protect aginst door dings at the mall... You can get a light kit to help at night (I made my own because they were out when I ordered).

Ford Bronco Looking for Recommendations for Running Boards for 2024 2-Door Badlands rock sliders

Not the best pic angle... does not really show how far they drop down. They drop a true 12 inch.

The top plastic cover I put on.

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Looking for Recommendations for Running Boards for 2024 2-Door Badlands 1000020708

Went with the Rough Country e-boards. They've been great so far.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

For those with AR Magnum Stirrups, is there any interference issue with mudflaps?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last edited: