Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello. I just got a 22 OB SAS Lux with the auto high beams and modular bumpers. The factory lighting is very good but I'm missing the wide throw from my previous vehicle. My plan is to add a set of ditch lights up near the mirrors and have them activate along with the auto high beams for that wide throw, but I also would like to toggle them on with the aux switches.

From my research, I would need a couple of diodes to isolate power from flowing back to either the aux switch or the high beams. I see that prebuilt circuits are available online with both double and single throw switches (depending is a common ground is shared or not). However I'm unsure if the high beams are switched on with negative or positive current. Can anyone provide a schematic of the high beam lighting? Has anyone done this before? Advice?

The fog lamp kits available for the modular bumper are surprisingly expensive and the ditch lights are dirt cheap in comparison. Less than $60 versus at least $300 for a single set and over $1k for a kit with 3 sets of lamps.
Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with Layman. Ditch lights are not road legal in my state (Mass.) and probably most of the US. Mass. requires annual inspections where they would easily discover this if they were linked to the high beams, and they'd fail the car until they were disconnected.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello. I just got a 22 OB SAS Lux with the auto high beams and modular bumpers. The factory lighting is very good but I'm missing the wide throw from my previous vehicle. My plan is to add a set of ditch lights up near the mirrors and have them activate along with the auto high beams for that wide throw, but I also would like to toggle them on with the aux switches.

From my research, I would need a couple of diodes to isolate power from flowing back to either the aux switch or the high beams. I see that prebuilt circuits are available online with both double and single throw switches (depending is a common ground is shared or not). However I'm unsure if the high beams are switched on with negative or positive current. Can anyone provide a schematic of the high beam lighting? Has anyone done this before? Advice?

The fog lamp kits available for the modular bumper are surprisingly expensive and the ditch lights are dirt cheap in comparison. Less than $60 versus at least $300 for a single set and over $1k for a kit with 3 sets of lamps.
Not sure what $60 lights vs. $300 you are looking at... but quality lights cost money. Don't be fooled by cheap lights, they will fail on you quickly. Buy a quality light once, cry once, and enjoy them for a LONG time.

Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics make the best. Rigid Industries if you want to buy the "name" (i say that because Baja and Diode are much better then Rigid these days for less $$, Rigid is just a name these days, they are still stuck in the past as far as design goes, since Baja and Diode let you change ther lenses easily).

Check out our kits. You will have to figure out wiring with what you want to do, a diode system works best and I can help you find one that'll work for your truck. LVJ Motorsports makes one for the Raptors but it'll work on the Broncos as it's just a relay panel that gets mounted to the side of the battery easily. You can use it with existing upfitters where your upfitter can activate or deactivate the high beam system and it's EASY to wire up for the high beam activation since it has diodes built in.

Shoot me a message for info on that and head to our site at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com for lights

Last edited:

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

(i say that because Baja and Rigid are much better then Rigid these days for less $$
I totally agree, I love my Baja lights and will be adding the pocket light kit one day... OH, and I think you meant Baja and Diode are much better then Rigid...

Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love the feedback on our products guys. If you guys have any questions on products in the future feel free to give us a call.
Best,
Brandon

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t do this. Just my opinion.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my @Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro ditch kit from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and couldn't be happier. They are bright and while the auto-headlamps dim very quick, I wouldn't want the SS3 tied to it because of the few times it isn't quick enough. I don't want anybody coming toward me to have to see those SS3s.

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not possible - High beam on the Bronco is LIN Bus controlled. No voltage at the wire in the headlight harness to trigger an AUX light or relay for one.

OP
OP
Agrod

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. Understood; no way to get a 12v trigger signal from the high beams.

I wanted to do an El Cheapo ditch light install while I saved of for a full set of Radiance lights.

My current plan is to get the SPV bracket and a single set of Rigid Radiance SAE fogs with the amber backlights triggered by the parking lights using the factory front/rear fog lamp switch.

I can always add more lights to the same bracket afterwards and wire them into the aux switches. Still $500 more that I planned to spend on a cheapo install!

Sponsored

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgetting the legalities….

how does one wire into the high beam circuit to switch lights.

we aren’t here to discuss legalities etc… that’s not the point. Not all of us will be driving our broncos strictly on road situations, etc…

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what $60 lights vs. $300 you are looking at... but quality lights cost money. Don't be fooled by cheap lights, they will fail on you quickly. Buy a quality light once, cry once, and enjoy them for a LONG time.

Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics make the best. Rigid Industries if you want to buy the "name" (i say that because Baja and Diode are much better then Rigid these days for less $$, Rigid is just a name these days, they are still stuck in the past as far as design goes, since Baja and Diode let you change ther lenses easily).

Check out our kits. You will have to figure out wiring with what you want to do, a diode system works best and I can help you find one that'll work for your truck. LVJ Motorsports makes one for the Raptors but it'll work on the Broncos as it's just a relay panel that gets mounted to the side of the battery easily. You can use it with existing upfitters where your upfitter can activate or deactivate the high beam system and it's EASY to wire up for the high beam activation since it has diodes built in.

Shoot me a message for info on that and head to our site at www.4x4TruckLEDs.com for lights
Agree. I love my Baja design lights.
Ford Bronco Looking to power on ditch leds with high beams and/or a switch DB2A1670-D79F-4F20-90CF-976FA0E64376

Dans

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
High beam wire. 12v + Pin 20 blue connector white with red wire. Pull the headlight and the led module off the light. Once module is out you can test from there.
Ford Bronco Looking to power on ditch leds with high beams and/or a switch 35547AE0-3205-49D1-A1F0-80994F0B3E51
Sponsored

Last edited: