Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I should note this: the thing that moved me from the BB to the BD was the vinyl seats. If you don't like those seats, stick with the BB!! To me that's an easy call. When you fear they'll be hot and sticky or cold or whatever and then you end up covering them, you lost the whole point of going BD in my opinion.
Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm including your previous message on clarity of your driving patterns/expectations. I'm also making the assumption that you aren't considering any tire size larger than the BD stock. If you are wanting larger tires, than get the lowest gear ratio (4.46 or 4.7) that you can. BB (excluding SAS) gear ratio maxes out at 4.23. So the ultimate argument is 4.23 (BB) or 4.46 (BD). I'm not considering the base (3.73 ratio) as you seem to indicate that isn't a consideration.

This conundrum is really making a mountain out of a mole hill. You aren't going to see a dramatic delta in fuel economy running stock tires between the 2. The BB will be more than capable to get out of town and have fun. The BD comes better outfitted with the upgraded armor (bumper/bash plates) and is more utilitarian with the washout interior. The cloth seats in the BB will likely be more comfortable in Florida than the MGV. The floor liners should be considered whether you get carpet (BB) or washout floors (BD). The liners cover up the sides of the flooring and will capture the majority if not all of the slop that you may track in.
Thanks for the info, very helpful in thinking this through! Leaning towards the MGV because planning on top off most of the time and MGV will take the afternoon rain showers better if I do not make it in time to put soft top up right away. If concerned about the heat on the seats thinking I can put on a cloth seat cover to help. Would be cool to just leave the top down through the rain and pull the plug except figuring the instrumentation is not sealed enough and if rained on could cause problems.

I think with not a big mileage difference 4.27 to 4.46 I will go with the BD and try to get my adrenaline rush on / find some off road venues where the bash plate and locker will come in handy:) Need more time in the rocks and dirt and less time on the pavement.

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The lights on the sport and wildtrak are "pretty" and very trendy, but I'm pretty sure we all know which one looks more aggressive here. Ole angry eyes on the left. Just my opinion of course.
2021-Ford-Bronco-Press-70-scaled.jpg
Looks like a computer on/off switch.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the info, very helpful in thinking this through! Leaning towards the MGV because planning on top off most of the time and MGV will take the afternoon rain showers better if I do not make it in time to put soft top up right away. If concerned about the heat on the seats thinking I can put on a cloth seat cover to help. Would be cool to just leave the top down through the rain and pull the plug except figuring the instrumentation is not sealed enough and if rained on could cause problems.

I think with not a big mileage difference 4.27 to 4.46 I will go with the BD and try to get my adrenaline rush on / find some off road venues where the bash plate and locker will come in handy:) Need more time in the rocks and dirt and less time on the pavement.
Reading the soft-top usage indicates that you are getting the 4-dr. The 4-dr BD (2.7L 10sp with 4.46) will be fine. At 65 mph, you may have to stop to get gas an exit earlier on your road-trips up to New England. It will be negligible on the fuel economy. But then again, you have the larger fuel tank.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m having the same dilemma, my wife wants a 2dr BB Cactus Gray, I’m pushing for a 2dr BD Cyber Orange.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife actually wanted cloth, so I'm still working on convincing her the MGV will work for us.
Seat covers for wifey! Then you are both happy.

I'm in Arizona and IF my budget lets me end up with BD, the front seats will be getting seat covers. Best of both worlds. Wash-out interior AND cloth seats!!!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
Yeah I’m personally looking at loaded up OBX vs WT - but between Big Bend and Black Diamond I’d definitely go with the BD simply for the much better interior - MGD seems like a nice upgrade over the cloth ... IMO ... I actually had thought about the BD with SAS and. Mid but am liking the 12” screen and going all in with Lux and Leather ... good luck!!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
another noob question. While watching this thread, I thought I was BB all day, but I think I'm definitely leaning BD now. BUT, can you add fog lights aftermarket? I'd assume you could add them and hook em up to the Aux switches... but thought I'd ask.

I saw the Pods listed as an accessory in the B&P, but those look like they're for the mirrors. I'd assume they have some similar for fog lights?

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think you could add Pod lights to the modular bumper, flush mounted fog lights probably won’t happen though.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And I’m certainly not paying $650 for those pod lights. I’ll buy the 6” KC slims for half the price.
That's definitely one of the ones i will be looking at.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to know. Thx!

Yosef

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leaning towards BD, but wish you could get the hard top headliner with the 2.7.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks