Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had the crap scared out of me! I got in my Bronco (22 BL SAS LUX) started it and about 2 seconds later… BANG and and do mean BANG. It sounded like someone hit the vehicle with a sledge hammer. I was looking around, I heard some cracking from the speakers, and five to ten seconds later it happened again. It was the sound system. WTF? anyone else heard of this?
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have an amp, and if so do you have the gain turned up?

OP
OP

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have an amp, and if so do you have the gain turned up?
Nope, totally stock sound system, volume on normal listening, maybe 7–8

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost sounds like a loose wire, possibly ground. If it came from all the speakers, I would lean towards ground wire

BSport23

Outer Banks
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello! I believe we are having the same issue. The other day I started my 2023 Ford Bronco Sport and it sounded like a giant piece of hail fell on the car and then heard crackling. After turning off the vehicle and exiting we found that the crackling was coming from the speaker system. What was weird is the whole car was now turned off and it was still occurring. It happened for about 15 min. and then just went silent. After doing some research we found that this has been happening to the Ford F-150s it was most likely safe to drive. We made an appointment at Ford and they basically said they could not help because nobody else had reported this issue so there was no solution. They also could not get the car to replicate the boom or crackling. I read online that there was a software update for the F-150 so hopefully more people report this issue and there is an update for the 2023 Ford Bronco Sport. Here is the link to the article on the Ford F-150 Sonic Boom:
https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-f150-pickup-truck-sonic-boom-speaker-malfunctions-2023-8
It says in the article 100 people have to report the issue in order for Ford to fix it. I placed my report here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/

Please let me know if you hear of a solution. Thank you!
Sponsored