First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but how does someone add in an Aftermarket stereo to a vehicle without a standard radio socket? Does it get integrated into the 12" touchscreen? Do you cut a hole above the glove box? I just don't get it.
USoK6zE.jpg
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject, but how does someone add in an Aftermarket stereo to a vehicle without a standard radio socket? Does it get integrated into the 12" touchscreen? Do you cut a hole above the glove box? I just don't get it.
Ford Bronco Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews USoK6zE
I would think you would just buy an amp, and new speakers and possibly a subwoofer. Shouldn't need a new headunit.

But I haven't upgraded a stereo for a long time.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USoK6zE.jpg
Looks like there is only one solution...

Take this

Ford Bronco Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews multitool

To this area

Ford Bronco Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews dash1

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are often aftermarket harnesses that can tap into the outputs of the factory system. Some were designed to take also use factory wiring to the speakers in the harness as well. Then it’s a matter of wiring in the amplifier and or other electronic accessories (EQ, ,Crossovers, DSP) into the system between the factory unit and the speakers. ADS, Alpine and other used to make small 6 channel amplifiers that had high level inputs as well, that is probably still an option. Then you can decide which factory speakers to replace and add a subwoofer, to match your musical tastes and needs. I have not been involved in the industry for a while, but it’s probably doable with similar sound output the the B&O for $750-$1k plus labor? Just an educated guess. I did just price something similar, using an aftermarket head unit, for my some Dakota.

Sponsored

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find yourself a Mackie Freeplay personal PA or Freeplay live...
https://mackie.com/products/freeplay

https://mackie.com/sites/default/files/PRODUCT RESOURCES/SPECS/Spec_Sheets/FreePlay_SS.pdf

Thow it in the back of your rig...
Bluetooth to your phone for your favorite tunes
Use it outside for camping, parties etc. etc.etc...
It can be used plugged in or wirelesely for 10 hours
Now you have tunes for any situation
No wiring to worry about
Problem solved

Now you have completed Retro style with your Bronco and a BOOM BOX in the back of your rig....

Ford Bronco Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews 1599002361413-

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife has it in her 2019 expedition and it’s really not that impressive. I’m an audiophile with a very nice home theater setup. 7.3.4 all klipsch system. the Sony stereo in my 2012 f150 sounds better than hers. If the B+O system was a stand alone option I’d probably just go ahead and get it because I’m sure it’s better than the stock but I literally want nothing else the lux package offers so I’m definitely not getting it in my wildtrak.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Harman was a good brand back in the day. They've bought out most of the big brands.
Harman is now owned by Korean megaconglomerate Samsung. I’d hesitate to consider them a “premium hifi“ brand anymore. RIP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Harman is now owned by Korean megaconglomerate Samsung. I’d hesitate to consider them a “premium hifi“ brand anymore. RIP.
Yup, it's not the 70's anymore.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife has it in her 2019 expedition and it’s really not that impressive. I’m an audiophile with a very nice home theater setup. 7.3.4 all klipsch system. the Sony stereo in my 2012 f150 sounds better than hers. If the B+O system was a stand alone option I’d probably just go ahead and get it because I’m sure it’s better than the stock but I literally want nothing else the lux package offers so I’m definitely not getting it in my wildtrak.
Getting it but then upgrading when I can, anyway. Feels weird to do so. But I'm not JUST paying for the speakers eith the lux package.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Working at Enterprise, I’ve driven most of the 2020 Ford’s with the upgraded B&O sound system. There is a little variance between the different models, but I have honestly been very impressed with all of them. I consider myself an audiophile who loves aftermarket systems too.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not the label on the stereo that matters, it's how little money Ford is willing to pay and how little weight they are allowing them to use.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're referring to Harman Kardon I would agree. But they do own what I think most audio folks would consider premium brands...Mark Levinson-Revel-AKG-JBL Synthesis-Arcam-Lexicon-Crown

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My only experience with it is in a Raptor. And for a stock system, it was fantastic. One of the best I've heard.

However, you can build an aftermarket system that sounds better for less than what B&O costs. But do you want to?
Same here... and in my opinion well worth the upgrade. Not to mention, B&O is one of the highest end audiophile/home speaker sound systems money can buy. They will not take on a project, if it compromises sound quality. https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/filter/stereo
Sponsored