Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just as an psa
I you put anything under the back seat you can no longer fold them down the way the hinges work.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my 2dr I just squeezed in a kicker 10 " hideaway in under the passenger front seat.. I needed it since I removed the OEM sub. I HAD TO RAISE THE SEAT 1", which is OK because the seat has some height adjustment bult-in. My space is very limited now inside the half-cab so I need this type of hidden setup to keep waisted space to a minimum.

It don't move enough air to sound like a true 10" in a box of course but it does hit good on the lower frequencies.
Good bass overall, I like it so much I'll likely add another under the other seat, and I think the two hidden ones will sound close to a real 10 in a box. 😆

20220418_212451.jpg

20220418_212428.jpg

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my 2dr I just squeezed in a kicker 10 " hideaway in under the passenger front seat.. I needed it since I removed the OEM sub. I HAD TO RAISE THE SEAT 1", which is OK because the seat has some height adjustment bult-in. My space is very limited now inside the half-cab so I need this type of hidden setup to keep waisted space to a minimum.

It don't move enough air to sound like a true 10" in a box of course but it does hit good on the lower frequencies.
Good bass overall, I like it so much I'll likely add another under the other seat, and I think the two hidden ones will sound close to a real 10 in a box. 😆

Ford Bronco Sound System Upgrade 20220418_212428

How’d you end up securing that puppy?

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

How bad or noticeable is the vibration for person sitting in seat?

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How bad or noticeable is the vibration for person sitting in seat?
Well my wife likes it .🤭..I don't sit there often enough to give feedback. However it sounds so nice and hits the deep low note we'll, so I ordered another to get just a bit more volume and equalize the bass in the cabin. Also I'm adding 2 JL 6.5 subs and soundstream amp , for the kick panel speakers, well see how that works next week.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What’d you attach it to? Right through the floor or?
Yes it's bolted to the floor...I ordered a second one for the drivers side too and a roll of dynamat, so I'll pull the 1st one out and dynamat the floor before re-install the pair of them next week. I'll get some pictures of the install if you want?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it's bolted to the floor...I ordered a second one for the drivers side too and a roll of dynamat, so I'll pull the 1st one out and dynamat the floor before re-install the pair of them next week. I'll get some pictures of the install if you want?
Please do! An install like this would even warrant its own thread being that it’s the only one that doesn’t lose cargo space or compromise the rear seat from folding down:LOL:

So far, I replaced the stock 4” with infinity refs and added the kicker key 200.4 with the plugandplaykits 11-4 kit that has the hookup for a sub

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey. I replaced all speaker with kicker CS , then added 1 10 inch kicker sub in the back. It sounds amazing at 18-19.

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sorry you end up wiring it in? Kicker key with the plugnplaykits harness w/ line converter sub option then some separate 8 AWG wires for the ground and power? Today I looking for an easy ground location as well as a way to pass the power wire from the passenger side over to the driver side firewall

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey. I replaced all speaker with kicker CS , then added 1 10 inch kicker sub in the back. It sounds amazing at 18-19.
OK so what tone settings are you using? I installed over the weekend and the highs are piercing. I was wondering if I messed up and should back to stock

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK so what tone settings are you using? I installed over the weekend and the highs are piercing. I was wondering if I messed up and should back to stock
I took dsp away in forscan. Had trebel and mids down 1 notch. Subwoofer at 50% and it’s crisp

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went through 2 kicker hideaways... They get hot and are not reliable. Cerwin Vega has a 10 or 12 thats comparable.... Wont give you the bass your looking for but sold it with my jeep no issues 2 years of use.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I used this sub in my upgrade. I have it installed on the driver’s side panel in the back storage area. It doesn’t take up much room. It will rattle a bit when I turn the base up too much but I have an adjustment knob by my right leg on the console and can quickly adjust. I’m also planning to put some poly fill behind the panel if/when the rattle bugs me more. As it is I just figure it reminds me that I have the bass and sound too high. :) I used Kicker CS 4” and 6” to replace the two dash speakers, pod speakers and kick panel speakers. Stuffed poly fill behind all of them. It sounds incredible and louder than I’d ever need. The highest I’ve turned it up is 18 with the top down, windows open at 65-70mph. It doesn’t sound good with it the sun.

P.S. - The sub would not fit under the rear seats and allow them to fold down. Nor would it have adequate air space

This is exactly what I'm thinking based on my post on a Powered Subwoofer install. How hard was it in your opinion?

Any tips you'd recommend?
Sponsored