J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to go check out the b&o
The upgraded Harman kardon in my 2011 kia used to bang until 1 of the speakers blew. Audio is important to me. Have a feeling ill try to upgrade the already upgraded speakers in the lux package...

Thats a personal problem

BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: Tested the B&O in an Edge Sport and remain underwhelmed. Still, I’m likely to get the Lux package, if only for the adaptive cruise control and the heated steering wheel.

DETAILS:
Headed to the dealership to check out a few things that I hoped would help inform my Bronco build planning:

1. Walked the lot to see what various colors look like in sun, shade, then returned at tonight to see what they look at night. Look at colors on several Fords in their lot. I’m liking Rave Red more than I thought I would, so it’s joined Rapid Red as my current top pics. Still, I have from day one REALLY been interested in A51 and Cactus Gray, so I may end up with one of those colors instead.

2. While I was already leaning toward 2.7L V6, I really wanted to get a better feel for the 2.7L on the highway (test drove an Edge Sport), and I’d already tested the 2.3L on Ranger Lariat. Had the Edge Sport all to myself for about 30 minutes of spirited driving and I’m definitely all in on 2.7L for my 4-door Badlands.

3. I “auditioned” the B&O and I am still underwhelmed. Perhaps I should have played around with the base, treble, midrange, and surround vs standard settings, but I failed to do that. While I’m almost certainly going with Lux (for Adaptive Cruise Control and heated steering wheel), I wish I could say that B&O was also a factor in going Lux. My hope is that the B&O magically is far better in the Bronco than it seems to be in the Edge Sport.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: Tested the B&O in an Edge Sport and remain underwhelmed. Still, I’m likely to get the Lux package, if only for the adaptive cruise control and the heated steering wheel.

DETAILS:
Headed to the dealership to check out a few things that I hoped would help inform my Bronco build planning:

1. Walked the lot to see what various colors look like in sun, shade, then returned at tonight to see what they look at night. Look at colors on several Fords in their lot. I’m liking Rave Red more than I thought I would, so it’s joined Rapid Red as my current top pics. Still, I have from day one REALLY been interested in A51 and Cactus Gray, so I may end up with one of those colors instead.

2. While I was already leaning toward 2.7L V6, I really wanted to get a better feel for the 2.7L on the highway (test drove an Edge Sport), and I’d already tested the 2.3L on Ranger Lariat. Had the Edge Sport all to myself for about 30 minutes of spirited driving and I’m definitely all in on 2.7L for my 4-door Badlands.

3. I “auditioned” the B&O and I am still underwhelmed. Perhaps I should have played around with the base, treble, midrange, and surround vs standard settings, but I failed to do that. While I’m almost certainly going with Lux (for Adaptive Cruise Control and heated steering wheel), I wish I could say that B&O was also a factor in going Lux. My hope is that the B&O magically is far better in the Bronco than it seems to be in the Edge Sport.
Thanks to people like you for actually being boots to ground with this stuff

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i had the exact same issue in my 2015 Mustang convertible... so i went to Best Buy (best installers in NE Philly area & who has the best warranty in the business) and we Scoche touchscreen with 7" Pioneer stereo unit and 6.5 Kickers to replace the stock Ford's. For bumpy bump..i had a 12" Kicker Comp R sub in a truck boxx with a 1600 watt Pioneer amp in the installed in my trunk... a mustang has never sounded this good..

i m getting the OBX with the High Pack for the 12" screen (that is the only thing that we cant replace) it will be years before someone makes a dash kit to be able to put in the 12" screen. So i am gonig with the High Pack, the speakers can be replaced by Best Buy and if you want the sub they sell Marine Grade Subs that are water resistant. So all good there, i am not going Lux pack for the $3,450 upgrade..

so i am in the same boat, going High Pack then going to Best Buy... btw my 2016 forte has the exact system in it as well... you can take the country boy out of Ohio but you cant get the country out of the boy... .

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So assuming I stick with the mid package and decide to go aftermarket, what am I looking at out the door on cost to upgrade the system? I realize this is all speculative.

I have no desire to do the install myself and live in a major city where installers are plentiful. My days of trying to shake windows as I roll by houses are gone. I’d just like a full robust sound - I’m thinking swap all speakers, small sub, amp and whatever I need to make it all work with Sync 4. Do I keep this under 2k for a quality install?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So assuming I stick with the mid package and decide to go aftermarket, what am I looking at out the door on cost to upgrade the system? I realize this is all speculative.

I have no desire to do the install myself and live in a major city where installers are plentiful. My days of trying to shake windows as I roll by houses are gone. I’d just like a full robust sound - I’m thinking swap all speakers, small sub, amp and whatever I need to make it all work with Sync 4. Do I keep this under 2k for a quality install?
Same boat, same questions. I'm watching this thread.

I've always owned cars with the upgraded Bose stereo systems. This will be the first vehicle that I'm not going factory upgrade, but I want factory appearance. e.g. factory screen, no stick on tweeters, no visible amp wires, etc.

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is an excellent video on upgrading a Ford F-150. It should give you a taste of what's involved in upgrading the base system. Covers items like keeping constant "load" on head unit, DSP etc.
Part I, F-150 Upgrade

Since we really don't know speaker location, the base system may have tweeters dash mounted with mid range/bass in kick panels or kick panels may have a coaxial speaker with both tweeter and mid range/bass in one. If the tweeter is dash mounted and you are not going to use DSP don't be afraid to use a coaxial in kick panel. The distance between tweeter and mid range is subject to a formula for optimal sound quality.

Last edited:

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I did with my last 3 Fords, I will replace the factory speakers with Focal components. I will replace what will be a weak ass sub with a replacement and amp it up. I will add a DSP amp for volume on all the replaced speakers! It will kick ass....

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As I did with my last 3 Fords, I will replace the factory speakers with Focal components. I will replace what will be a weak ass sub with a replacement and amp it up. I will add a DSP amp for volume on all the replaced speakers! It will kick ass....
Do you replace it yourself or take it to a car shop

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a buddy that owns a stereo shop.
See i would do the same. Just need to trust who does it. All too often I hear shitty rattling systems that makes me think someone doesn't know what they're doing. I'll pay whatever it takes to get a QUALITY system with good bass. I don't need volume (I value my ear drums). I need clarity, I need the smallest speakers putting out the best range, and I need clean Dolby x style base that makes me proud

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What exactly is the difference if you upgrade to the B&O. Is it outlined in another thread?
go from 6 speakers to 10 including a subwoofer

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A question about the B&O sound system - it’s really the only item I want out of the Lux package on an OBX and I just can’t justify adding $6k to the price I got to on a Big Bend build that otherwise has what I want. Would appreciate some insights from those with more experience that if I purchase the the upgraded 12” touchscreen on the Big Bend can the B&O system be added later as a stand alone purchase?

Thanks in advance for the assist. Was disappointed the B&O system was not a stand alone upgrade

You can get an aftermarket system that's much better for way less! The B&O is only available through ford at the time of build.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
go from 6 speakers to 10 including a subwoofer
WOW, does that include a better amp to drive all those speakers, a subwoofer amp, upgrade form the original 6 speakers?

The upgrade cost seems pretty high for $40 worth of speakers.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW, does that include a better amp to drive all those speakers, a subwoofer amp, upgrade form the original 6 speakers?

The upgrade cost seems pretty high for $40 worth of speakers.
not sure what brand speakers they are using in the stock 6 speakers, I highly doubt they are using B&O speakers in the stock stereo.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My '17 mustang had the upgraded sound system (Ford was still with Shaker at the time, correct?) Does anyone know how BO compares to shaker? I loved the mustang sound.

I should go listen to one at my dealer once the state opens back up again
Sponsored