Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that production scheduling has begun, for those of us who are not getting the B&O system, what's the optimal upgrade one can expect in the sound system?
i think i read all the threads, but could not find the info i was looking for

1. size of speakers in every location? (physical size and bolt pattern)
2. power of said speakers? (watts, ohms, RMS, etc)
3. Does the stock system have an ideal place for mounting an Amp?
4. what's the ideal place for mounting a 10" subwoofer?

Any info or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Also if you're going to upgrade would it be a DIY project or will you go to a professional sound shop you can suggest?
Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk about sticking a subwoofer in, but upgrading & amplifying the speakers is always nice.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Idk about sticking a subwoofer in, but upgrading & amplifying the speakers is always nice.
YES its nice, but i want to know what I will be replacing exactly !

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my biggest concern with my big bend config. I want to keep it as stock as possible, so for sure leaving the head unit alone. Probably replace the existing speakers and add an amp, plus look at a stealth sub under the seat. Hopefully someone will come out with the sub set up like the wranglers have in the side panel of the trunk area.

I don’t need much, I think the b+o sounds great, I just don’t want to jump to the Lux

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sub under the seat is where it’s at.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can tell you that there is not enough room for even a low profile Kicker Hideaway Sub under the second row seat if you ever intend to fold it down. Keep that in mind.

Rubicon79

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I listen to music nonstop and do prefer it loud at times. I went with a set of Hertz components up front with an Audison 5 channel amp and a JL audio 12 W6 in the factory enclosure for a sub. The sub takes up quite a bit of the cargo area is my biggest gripe.
They made a mount for the tweeter in the factory dash location but I’m thinking of adding a 4 inch midrange and mounting the tweeters separate. The 6.5 are a little far away and the mid bass doesn’t seem just right. Gonna add a DSP also, had one in the truck and it really helps fine tune things.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I listen to music nonstop and do prefer it loud at times. I went with a set of Hertz components up front with an Audison 5 channel amp and a JL audio 12 W6 in the factory enclosure for a sub. The sub takes up quite a bit of the cargo area is my biggest gripe.
They made a mount for the tweeter in the factory dash location but I’m thinking of adding a 4 inch midrange and mounting the tweeters separate. The 6.5 are a little far away and the mid bass doesn’t seem just right. Gonna add a DSP also, had one in the truck and it really helps fine tune things.
How do you like the Hertz? Thinking about swapping all 6 for those and using amp for more power
Sponsored