Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not mine. It was a Big Bend I got to look at the other day. I highly doubt an 8 will fit under there. The bottom pic is straight down from the front edge of the seat and nothing is going on the back side w/o blocking the vent and sticking out into the footrest of the back seat.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-found-one.19833/
I was hoping if it could be tucked up into the bottom of the seat area and attached to the side rails. It would require pulling the seats to fit a a thin box but your probably right, too small a space for sound quality.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprised about the B&O reviews. Being a f150 owner, the B&O or older Sony upgraded system is average at best. Iā€™m sure people will say, its an offroad vehicle who gives a crap about the sound system.

As a jeep owner, I invested and replaced with aftermarket & its significantly better (been running it this way for 8yrs). I can drive 70mph top down & doors off and actually hear it over my exposed fenders & 35ā€ MT tires. I went with new dash speakers, foam baffles for the dash speakers, polyfill the rear speaker enclosures, new rear speakers, 10ā€ JL sub in a custom rear storage for tools/downfiring sub enclosure and even went as far as gutting the jeep and laying dynamat, closed-cell foam layer, mass loaded vinyl from firewall to the rear including inside the doors and reinstalled the carpet.

i will not be doing this to the wifeā€™s BL 4dr w/ lux package though. I know her grand cherokeeā€™s upgraded sound system is pretty good and she may be disappointed.

Last edited:

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't tell if you're joking about perfect placement of that sub. But if that's factory, in a utility vehicle like a jeep (literally in the middle of a cargo liner designed to take abuse, hold-back liquids, etc), then I find that less than ideal...side-mouted behind wheel wells, etc always seemed better to me...low frequency bass is difficult to locate by ear, esp in a vehicle, so there usually isn't a balance issue to deal with...

Selling and installing car audio in my very early HS/college years I can attest out of the brands discussed here, Alpine and Memphis are top of the heap with RF and polk few rungs down the ladder, in most cases
I'm not joking at all. When that specific spot was chosen by Jeep, they had a display of that sub in a tank completely submerged for days, while still functioning. The grill on top of the speaker wasn't weak either. I had that cargo area full of tires when I replaced the original MT tires after 900 miles for better AT tires. It also withstood other numerous, heavy items dropped on top of it.

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions 20151020_120859_zpsgk4phtq

EDIT: found a link for the sub test

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-and-alpines-weatherproof-audio-system-at-ces-2015/

Last edited:

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided to forego the B&O and I'm going to get the JBL soundbar for my 2 door. I think the Broncos problem with the sound system is that you can't have door speakers like a normal vehicle and the way the roll cage is designed there are no speakers by your head like the Wrangler. So I'm just going to upgrade what I can and hope that the sound bar takes care of the rest. With the top off it will be more like a marine setup anyways, so may as well lean into it and make it work.
When I first got in a bronco I immediately said "they dropped the ball on the speakers" no one talked about it....

Personally imma hard no on a sound bar. I've had bad luck with my home soundbar... Different setting aside it's all about space and what not for the sound to be just right... Imma hold off, especially within the first year or so. I anticipate aftermarket pods Which may be better than a restrictive sound bar And bigger speakers.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not surprised about the B&O reviews. Being a f150 owner, the B&O or older Sony upgraded system is average at best. Iā€™m sure people will say, its an offroad vehicle who gives a crap about the sound system.

As a jeep owner, I invested and replaced with aftermarket & its significantly better (been running it this way for 8yrs). I can drive 70mph top down & doors off and actually hear it over my exposed fenders & 35ā€ MT tires. I went with new dash speakers, foam baffles for the dash speakers, polyfill the rear speaker enclosures, 10ā€ JL sub in a custom rear storage for tools/downfiring sub enclosure and even went as far as gutting the jeep and laying dynamat, closed-cell foam layer, mass loaded vinyl from firewall to the rear including inside the doors and reinstalled the carpet.

i will not be doing this to the wifeā€™s BL 4dr w/ lux package though. I know her grand cherokeeā€™s upgraded sound system is pretty good and she may be disappointed.
In my jk my stock stereo crapped out.. Dealer wanted 500$ for a new one.. Pfft I can do better.. Went with alpine 650(w/ power pack) Mopar kickers inside, Kicker tweeters poly fill and dynomat. Threw in the alpine 10 sub (pass side) and amp custom mount under driver. Way way better. I was skeptical on the sub but man does that Lil guy hit hard.

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably haven't even changed fluids, either!
Canā€˜t stand when weebs donā€™t change their speaker fluids before a review of a sound systems. Damn millennials.

adkern392

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone had experience with under the seat subwoofers? I was maybe thinking of putting two of those under the front seats to give some bass and then upgrade the speakers. Hoping for some thoughts on this idea.

CJSOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sound system reviews are saying even the LUX package is average at best.

A good quality sound system is important to me, so I would love to hear people's suggestions or plans

2 door Badlands, SAS, LUX
Agree, sound in my lux outer banks is mediocre at best. Sad.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree, sound in my lux outer banks is mediocre at best. Sad.
Change the speakers and it will become better than mediocre, far better. It is still underpowered, but at least now it sounds clean all the way up to max volume and has decent thump now. I have changed every speaker, save the sub-woofer.