Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully JL Audio makes a stealth box to help with that, or one of the other companies makes something that will fit under one of the front seats.
If there's any room at all. I know on my 15 JKU, I had a lockable storage box under my drivers seat. On the JL's that option is not available, as there's too much wiring, etc that makes that impossible on the newer models.
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there's any room at all. I know on my 15 JKU, I had a lockable storage box under my drivers seat. On the JL's that option is not available, as there's too much wiring, etc that makes that impossible on the newer models.
any idea what the Jeep folks do with a soundbar installed, that almost blocks all the rear view mirror?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you need that total stereophonic tone, then buy a Lincoln. There isn’t a waiting list for any of those. My crew cab Lariat has the factory installed Sony ten speaker with sub system. It is fantastic. I want a Bronco, and after comparing the B&O versus standard systems, the High package wins out. Not enough difference to justify the cost of the lux, heated steering wheel or not. Lol

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
any idea what the Jeep folks do with a soundbar installed, that almost blocks all the rear view mirror?
Not sure. Jeep has speakers on the roll bar, so I never used a sound bar.

Reactions: Jak

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure. Jeep has speakers on the roll bar, so I never used a sound bar.
I care about the sound and speaker placement but with or without the soundbar the Jeep rear view visibility is just as bad as the Bronco .... more curious about solutions on that .... is there a favorite touch screen mirror they like?

dont expect you to know all the answers, just a question for all previous Jeep owners.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I care about the sound and speaker placement but with or without the soundbar the Jeep rear view visibility is just as bad as the Bronco .... more curious about solutions on that .... is there a favorite touch screen mirror they like?

dont expect you to know all the answers, just a question for all previous Jeep owners.
I never had any visibility issues with the Wrangler. I drove trucks with far worse visibility for the Army for 8 years, so that may be why I didn't have an issue. Not sure. You may want to take a look at Wranglerforums . com. You may get a better answer there for current Wrangler owners and what they do for visibility.

EDIT: I had the Alpine 9 speaker system in my Wrangler and it was pretty good.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I never had any visibility issues with the Wrangler. I drove trucks with far worse visibility for the Army for 8 years, so that may be why I didn't have an issue. Not sure. You may want to take a look at Wranglerforums . com. You may get a better answer there for current Wrangler owners and what they do for visibility.

EDIT: I had the Alpine 9 speaker system in my Wrangler and it was pretty good.
Alpine is also a great choice for quality sound on a budget .... personally I am biased towards Polk cuz of past experience .... Alpine tweeters kick ass though

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alpine is also a great choice for quality sound on a budget .... personally I am biased towards Polk cuz of past experience .... Alpine tweeters kick ass though
The Alpine was the upgraded system from Jeep. The placement for the sub was perfect as well.
Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions 20151011_174739_zpsa8ylbpaa
For what it was, it was pretty decent. I've not had much experience with aftermarket systems and the one major system, I had in my Silverado, was Memphis speakers and Rockford amps. 2-10's 1000 watt amp, etc etc...

Sponsored

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not going to happen, unless it's a super super small box. There is no room under the seats.

Ford Bronco Sound system upgrade suggestions Inked20210720_120425_LI

If this is your Bronco, can you take some measurements. I was wondering if 8's could fit in that area pointed down toward the air vents. I know this would be a small enclosure, but it may help with a combination of better kick panel speakers and A pillar tweeters.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this is your Bronco, can you take some measurements. I was wondering if 8's could fit in that area pointed down toward the air vents. I know this would be a small enclosure, but it may help with a combination of better kick panel speakers and A pillar tweeters.
Not mine. It was a Big Bend I got to look at the other day. I highly doubt an 8 will fit under there. The bottom pic is straight down from the front edge of the seat and nothing is going on the back side w/o blocking the vent and sticking out into the footrest of the back seat.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/finally-found-one.19833/

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Alpine was the upgraded system from Jeep. The placement for the sub was perfect as well.
For what it was, it was pretty decent. I've not had much experience with aftermarket systems and the one major system, I had in my Silverado, was Memphis speakers and Rockford amps. 2-10's 1000 watt amp, etc etc...
Can't tell if you're joking about perfect placement of that sub. But if that's factory, in a utility vehicle like a jeep (literally in the middle of a cargo liner designed to take abuse, hold-back liquids, etc), then I find that less than ideal...side-mouted behind wheel wells, etc always seemed better to me...low frequency bass is difficult to locate by ear, esp in a vehicle, so there usually isn't a balance issue to deal with...

Selling and installing car audio in my very early HS/college years I can attest out of the brands discussed here, Alpine and Memphis are top of the heap with RF and polk few rungs down the ladder, in most cases
Sponsored