Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pulling the light down only makes it easier to unplug it. It’s harder when left in place.
Also, in a way the dome light itself is also holding up the back roll bar plastic trim, so it’s necessary to remove it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also, in a way the dome light itself is also holding up the back roll bar plastic trim, so it’s necessary to remove it.
The dome light is only held in place by a clip on each side of the light and it’s only in the plastic trim.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dome light is only held in place by a clip on each side of the light and it’s only in the plastic trim.
I suspect that if I pull down that back trim piece first I can release the dome light clips from the inside which will help avoid breaking them? That's what I was trying to discern when I asked you the question the other day about the dome.
Thanks in advance Paul.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The first thing that struck me when I unpacked the lights is how flimsy the wiring harness felt. There is ZERO strain relief for the solder points of the wire to the small PCB, and the PCB itself has no protection against moisture or the elements, everything that protects is very thin layer of shrink wrap tubing (first image) that is not sealed to the lead wires.

Then I tried to install and fortunately tested the lights before pulling any panels. One of the connection points on the harness did not light up no matter which LED I would connect to it. As I moved the harness around the LED at the connection would sometimes flicker, but generally would not light up.

I am greatful to @Mabett for providing us with a product that is much more straightforward to install and use than the competition, but that wiring harness... boy, he could have probably increased the price by $10 and done it right. When I get my replacement I will add quite a bit of shrink wrap and electricians tape to the solder points.

Wish that I could get the replacement sooner, but these things seem to be in high demand. My new delivery date is 6/17

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation 1000004077

Ford Bronco Mabett’s new 4pc Interior light set and installation 1000004075

Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suspect that if I pull down that back trim piece first I can release the dome light clips from the inside which will help avoid breaking them? That's what I was trying to discern when I asked you the question the other day about the dome.
Thanks in advance Paul.
Yes, this is correct.

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a set of these on my 2D on Monday evening. The only thing I can add to the included instructions is rather than just stuffing the wires behind the trim as is shown in the Mabett video is to just take all the trim off and you can run the wires in the channels in the trim on the bottom of the roll bar. It took like 2 minutes to remove all the trim. Rather than sticking the wires between the trim and the roll bar as stated in the instructions, I drilled a hole just large enough for the plugs and mounted the lights with some 3M to hold them in place until I got the screws back in to hold the trim. Yes, I now have holes in the plastic trim, but they are covered by the lights, have no exposed wiring and have eliminated the chance for the wires to get pinched or broken due to being sandwiched between the plastic and the roll bar. They are quite bright and as an addition to the Mabett rear light, the only place I could use some additional lighting is the floorboards. Highly recommend these lights, great value.
Oh, I guess another suggestion is a slightly longer pigtail on the module, its a tight fit if you have the side and rear light. The module is crammed in between the plastic trim and the GPS/Cell module, At least I think that's what it is. It sits directly above the factory rear bar light.

43BE7129-0798-4A23-95EF-4A2753804223.jpeg

8C511AA6-C84C-465F-9BDD-7B6E55457187.jpeg

5A30E065-4905-4923-84FF-08AA39A68DE2.jpeg

914D65D8-4223-4F19-B905-5E67BC09390E.jpeg

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed a set of these on my 2D on Monday evening. The only thing I can add to the included instructions is rather than just stuffing the wires behind the trim as is shown in the Mabett video is to just take all the trim off and you can run the wires in the channels in the trim on the bottom of the roll bar. It took like 2 minutes to remove all the trim. Rather than sticking the wires between the trim and the roll bar as stated in the instructions, I drilled a hole just large enough for the plugs and mounted the lights with some 3M to hold them in place until I got the screws back in to hold the trim. Yes, I now have holes in the plastic trim, but they are covered by the lights, have no exposed wiring and have eliminated the chance for the wires to get pinched or broken due to being sandwiched between the plastic and the roll bar. They are quite bright and as an addition to the Mabett rear light, the only place I could use some additional lighting is the floorboards. Highly recommend these lights, great value.
Oh, I guess another suggestion is a slightly longer pigtail on the module, its a tight fit if you have the side and rear light. The module is crammed in between the plastic trim and the GPS/Cell module, At least I think that's what it is. It sits directly above the factory rear bar light.
The OP also suggested an alternative solution to drilling the trim fascia - use a Dremel tool to make to subtle cutouts at the top of the trim so they don't pinch the wires. That way, if you ever have to take the lights off for whatever reason, you don't have holes in the trim.

goofyjar

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23BkDiamond 4Dr SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just received my set of lights yesterday and got them installed, however they do not function correctly.

They work fine with the Bronco off, open door - on, close door - off, map light on/off work.
But
When you open doors (lights go on) then start the Bronco, the Factory lights fade off, but Mabett lights stay on (and never go off). The only way to get them to turn off is to shut off the Bronco and lock with remote (forcing all lights off).

I'm assuming my unit is defective so I'm working with Amazon for a replacement, but wanted to check with everyone to see if I am missing something?

Can't wait to get a working set so I can see at night inside the Bronco!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just received my set of lights yesterday and got them installed, however they do not function correctly.

They work fine with the Bronco off, open door - on, close door - off, map light on/off work.
But
When you open doors (lights go on) then start the Bronco, the Factory lights fade off, but Mabett lights stay on (and never go off). The only way to get them to turn off is to shut off the Bronco and lock with remote (forcing all lights off).

I'm assuming my unit is defective so I'm working with Amazon for a replacement, but wanted to check with everyone to see if I am missing something?

There is a map light on the passenger side as well and depending on whether or not that is depressed might be affecting the control. I had the same problem when I first installed the dome light months ago, I didn't realize one of my passengers had pushed it at some point before ever installing the dome and I had to depress it.
Try that first, or maybe you did already.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But

I'm having this same problem too, so you're not alone. Going to try what Herbie suggested below and will report back.
There is a map light on the passenger side as well and depending on whether or not that is depressed might be affecting the control. I had the same problem when I first installed the dome light months ago, I didn't realize one of my passengers had pushed it at some point before ever installing the dome and I had to depress it.
Try that first, or maybe you did already.
Thanks. I'm having the same problem, so going to try what you suggest. Will report back.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having this same problem too, so you're not alone. Going to try what Herbie suggested below and will report back.

Thanks. I'm having the same problem, so going to try what you suggest. Will report back.
Almost positive that's your problem. Sure hope so because I am installing mine today.

EDIT: I was wrong.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooooooooo, got mine installed just now and the same thing is happening as is happening with @Dadsquatch and @goofyjar while the car is running the dome fades out but the new four lights do not turn off until which time you turn the car off. @Mabett either we are all doing something wrong or your wiring harness/lights are not working correctly with the can/bus system. Can you help us or do we need to just return this item?
Thank you,
Alex

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any idea why the lights don't turn off while the car is running. There are at least three of us having the same issue?
Thanks
That’s a strange one. Do the rear light on the roll bar turn off like it normally did?
I checked mine. I even started the truck with the door opened and the lights came on and when I closed the door the lights went off.
If the rear dome light and map lights are all staying on I’d unplug the Mabett light kit and see if it goes back to normal.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sooooooooo, got mine installed just now and the same thing is happening as is happening with @Dadsquatch and @goofyjar while the car is running the dome fades out but the new four lights do not turn off until which time you turn the car off. @Mabett either we are all doing something wrong or your wiring harness/lights are not working correctly with the can/bus system. Can you help us or do we need to just return this item?
Thank you,
Alex
That’s a strange one. Do the rear light on the roll bar turn off like it normally did?
I checked mine. I even started the truck with the door opened and the lights came on and when I closed the door the lights went off.
If the rear dome light and map lights are all staying on I’d unplug the Mabett light kit and see if it goes back to normal.
OK, so I just checked mine again with a handful of different scenarios, and mine seems to have a mind of it's own for what & when it wants to function correctly vs. just stay on. No rhyme or reason. Here are a few scenarios I'm experiencing:

- Auto Start: Bronco running via auto-start remote, hop in, lights turn on from door open, push to start, lights turn off as they should.
- Auto Start: Bronco running via auto-start remote, hop in, lights turn on from door open, push to start, lights stay on. I push the map light button by the AUX switches to turn them off, and sometimes it works with one push. Other times it takes 2-3 pushes and then they turn off.
- No Auto Start: Open door, lights turn on, hop in and start it. Lights turn off as they should.

I seem to be having the most consistent working correctly scenario by not using the auto-start.

Regardless, it should just work. Not all these different circumstances for when it wants to work.

The interesting part is my Mabett rear dome light that is tied into the same circuit is working correctly as it should. So that leaves the variable to be the circuit board/module I saw somewhat heat-shrinked that is integral to the wire harness of the 4-piece light set. Something either isn't programmed right, or there is something loose, but I doubt all of us having this same issue have a loose part/wire.
Sponsored