Sponsored

Mabett Mud Flaps Fits Sasquatch set that accommodates factory rock rails or tube steps

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the front and rear mub flaps on my OBX Sasquatch today. Took about a hour taking my time. One thing that had me scratching my head was bolting on the rear upper bracket. Figured out you use factory bolt and mount by forcing the bracket between the back of the fender and the factory mount. The instructions call for using the kit supplied bolt but I reused the factory bolt and it went together fine. Overall very happy with the outcome.
Sponsored

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed the front and rear mub flaps on my OBX Sasquatch today. Took about a hour taking my time. One thing that had me scratching my head was bolting on the rear upper bracket. Figured out you use factory bolt and mount by forcing the bracket between the back of the fender and the factory mount. The instructions call for using the kit supplied bolt but I reused the factory bolt and it went together fine. Overall very happy with the outcome.

Hopefully you swapped out the cheap bolts Mabett provides with their mud flaps. Mine have been on for a couple of weeks and are already rusting.
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps Fits Sasquatch set that accommodates factory rock rails or tube steps 20220718_154626
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps Fits Sasquatch set that accommodates factory rock rails or tube steps 20220718_154634

I sent a message to them through Amazon letting them know that for the price they should have used SS bolts.
Looks like I'll be going to HD this weekend.... again

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully you swapped out the cheap bolts Mabett provides with their mud flaps. Mine have been on for a couple of weeks and are already rusting.
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps Fits Sasquatch set that accommodates factory rock rails or tube steps 20220718_154634

I sent a message to them through Amazon letting them know that for the price they should have used SS bolts.
Looks like I'll be going to HD this weekend.... again
Sorry, I'll take the rusted bolts seriously, I've planned to replace the bolts in the mud flaps that I haven't shipped yet, but I can't replace the stock in Amazon's warehouse and the stock that's already on the road, so no one can Immediately get rust-resistant bolts

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you tell me which step is wrong so I can make changes to the instructions

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, I'll take the rusted bolts seriously, I've planned to replace the bolts in the mud flaps that I haven't shipped yet, but I can't replace the stock in Amazon's warehouse and the stock that's already on the road, so no one can Immediately get rust-resistant bolts
Are you sending the new bolts to existing customers ? I have a set no bronco yet but I got the flaps

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I threw the instructions away so I can't point to the step that wasn't clear. I live out in the boonies and couldn't get the video to load when i was installing. I looked at the install video at work and at the 3:10 mark you show the upper rear mount being installed, in the printed instructions it isn't clear you are using the existing mounting bolt to install the upper bracket, on mine it looked like the factor mounting point was built in and wouldn't move. I had to use more force than I was comfortable with pushing it back to fit the bracket between the back of the fender and the factory mounting point. I also reused the factory bolt instead of the supplied bolt.

One other note, why use RL (Rear Left) instead of say PR for Passenger Rear / DR Driver Rear?

Can you tell me which step is wrong so I can make changes to the instructions

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you sending the new bolts to existing customers ? I have a set no bronco yet but I got the flaps
did not send new bolts

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you going to fix this and send new bolts? i don’t want the rusty ones
I don't have the ability to replace bolts for everyone who's already bought Mud Flaps, maybe you can get the right bolts on Amazon or your local store, I can compensate you by offering discounts on other products

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have the ability to replace bolts for everyone who's already bought Mud Flaps, maybe you can get the right bolts on Amazon or your local store, I can compensate you by offering discounts on other products
Can you post the Amazon link for the proper replacement bolts? I have about 2 weeks left before my return window closes on these mud flaps, glad I did not install them yet.
Sponsored