First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the Mabett Rear Glass Hardtop Light today and pretty nifty that it has a built-in switch (on/off) while staying plugged in. May likely keep it disconnected at the DC, but a nice "integrated" solution to more lighting in the rear.

Here are some pictures...

At first, I reviewed the wiring on the glass and noticed the wiper wiring has a better solution than what Mabett provides. See here:
Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055574

So I searched for the OEM part, but couldn't find it and odds are it would've been pricey (maybe). Then I went to Amazon and found this one. Had to cut it as it was long, but made for a better OEM-style solution than the tacky adhesive hooks that come with this Mabett product.

Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055570

So I installed the light and then ran the wire through the same track, but going the opposite way of the wiper wiring.

Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055571

Then I stuck on the wire concealer and hid the wire through it.

Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055572

Pretty easy. And it all looks OEM honestly.

Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055573

Another product I can recommend, though with a caveat of buying your own wire concealer to make it look more "finished".
Sponsored

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
am I correct that this stay on as long as it's plugged into the dc outlet even if the car is off?

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
am I correct that this stay on as long as it's plugged into the dc outlet even if the car is off?
No, it has a "touch" switch so it can be turned off/on as needed, while remaining plugged in.

I won't have frequent use of it, I don't think, so I'll probably keep it disconnected from the DC.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed the Mabett Rear Glass Hardtop Light today and pretty nifty that it has a built-in switch (on/off) while staying plugged in. May likely keep it disconnected at the DC, but a nice "integrated" solution to more lighting in the rear.

Here are some pictures...

At first, I reviewed the wiring on the glass and noticed the wiper wiring has a better solution than what Mabett provides. See here:

So I searched for the OEM part, but couldn't find it and odds are it would've been pricey (maybe). Then I went to Amazon and found this one. Had to cut it as it was long, but made for a better OEM-style solution than the tacky adhesive hooks that come with this Mabett product.

So I installed the light and then ran the wire through the same track, but going the opposite way of the wiper wiring.

Then I stuck on the wire concealer and hid the wire through it.

Pretty easy. And it all looks OEM honestly.

Another product I can recommend, though with a caveat of buying your own wire concealer to make it look more "finished".
Nice clean install. Question, did you have any issues with the barrel nuts? I tried for about an hour and couldn't get them started. I lined up the hole/post and verified with a light and could not get them started to save my ass - almost as if the barrel nuts weren't long enough. 🤷‍♂️. I'm very mechanically inclined, but I gave up...

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice clean install. Question, did you have any issues with the barrel nuts? I tried for about an hour and couldn't get them started. I lined up the hole/post and verified with a light and could not get them started to save my ass - almost as if the barrel nuts weren't long enough. 🤷‍♂️. I'm very mechanically inclined, but I gave up...
I had this issue. Struggled for like 20 minutes and it turns out I didn’t have the light positioned correctly. I finally gave it some firm pressure and felt it snap into place, then the barrel nuts went right on

Sponsored
OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like @mvilla mentioned, if it's not aligned, the barrels don't bite. Also make sure they've pushed through the plastic lip so they can reach the bolt. Not tough or complicated, just got to wiggle a bit. Once they bite, they'll tighten.

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me add... This thing is BRIGHT!

dazzling-supernatural.gif

I've actually found myself using it more than I thought. Really nice having it there and "touching" it on...

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where this is located does very little for illumination inside the cargo space. You can just buy to LED strip lights from eBay for very little money, install one at the tip of the rear glass and one at the top of the dome and make your vehicle look like you are being abducted by martians. It is super handy when you are in the middle of nowhere at night.

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where this is located does very little for illumination inside the cargo space. You can just buy to LED strip lights from eBay for very little money, install one at the tip of the rear glass and one at the top of the dome and make your vehicle look like you are being abducted by martians. It is super handy when you are in the middle of nowhere at night.
I would disagree here and can add a photo later tonight if needed for anyone as proof.

The light has two sources. A large light that illuminates the floor/area between the open tailgate and cargo space, and a smaller light that points towards the cargo area and definitely improves visibility.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would disagree here and can add a photo later tonight if needed for anyone as proof.

The light has two sources. A large light that illuminates the floor/area between the open tailgate and cargo space, and a smaller light that points towards the cargo area and definitely improves visibility.
Would love to see a pic, not because I need proof, but because it would be helpful to others in making a purchasing decision.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would love to see a pic, not because I need proof, but because it would be helpful to others in making a purchasing decision.
Will do.

And this would also take into consideration I have the upgraded 3 row led overhead brace cargo light. So my cargo lighting is already upgraded over the stock Ford lighting.

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here you go @GroovyGeek and others...

Hard to tell in pictures (also because of the lighting in the background), but it is brighter overall.

And keep in mind I have the upgraded Mabett lights all around (the 4 piece and cargo brace light).

OFF
Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055773

ON
Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055774

OFF
Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055776

ON
Ford Bronco Mabett rear glass hardtop light 1000055775

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here you go @GroovyGeek and others...

Hard to tell in pictures (also because of the lighting in the background), but it is brighter overall.

And keep in mind I have the upgraded Mabett lights all around (the 4 piece and cargo brace light).

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

Thx.! As you say, the camera is doing auto-exposure so overall the images are not particularly meaningful but... the above two images tell a story. When the light is on the plastic trim at the top of the rear windshield is clearly very well illuminated. I had not appreciated this from Mabett's original pics. Looks like a good if somewhat bulky solution for those who don't want to deal with wiring LED strip lights.

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had this light trigger while driving? It happened to me last night. I had some loose extension cords in the back and it’s possible one of them touched the power button. At least I hope that’s what happened and it’s not some weird electrical issue

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had this light trigger while driving? It happened to me last night. I had some loose extension cords in the back and it’s possible one of them touched the power button. At least I hope that’s what happened and it’s not some weird electrical issue
I have not... But it's also not something I use so often that I've left it unplugged and plug in when needed. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored