Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toms Offroad Bronco Lettering Script
Did you have to grind off any pegs on the back side? Did it come with pre-cut adhesive? I wonder if the black chrome will stick out too much against the black plastic trim of the bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you get the WT grill? Did it come in black, or did you have to get it painted if you got it at the dealer?
You should be able to order any part you need from your Ford Dealership in the parts department. They always ask for a VIN for the part to be right for "your" trim so I ended up finding a wild track vin # off auto trader.

I think I must have used a 2021 VIN because the black wild track grill turned out matte/unfinished black vs the shiny black that Ive seen on other wild tracks. But I think I like the look of the unfinished black with my Bronco so I am not complaining. Here is a pick of the wild track vs badlands grills.

PXL_20220226_193447595.jpg

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s a SelfSquatch?
I ordered on the announcement day for the Bronco and there was no manual transmission option with the sasquatch package at the time, so sasquatch was a no-go for me. Self-Squatch is what I am calling my attempt to get my rig setup equal to the sas package.

I was able to park side by side with a Sasquatch model and with my 1" level and 35s I can confirm that the front of my rig is slightly higher than a Sasquatch and that I am slightly lower in the back. But my rig doesnt point downwards going from the back to front of the vehicle which is what I prefer.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have to grind off any pegs on the back side? Did it come with pre-cut adhesive? I wonder if the black chrome will stick out too much against the black plastic trim of the bronco.
Yes, and it is still not perfect - I need to tinker with it more. I think a dremel might be the best tool to grind it down with but I used a sander with a towel underneath and I still have some of the pegs to grind down more. I think its the best quality script logo I've seen but it will take some work to get it perfect. Posted some details of it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...in-3m-matte-military-green.34390/post-1149185

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be able to order any part you need from your Ford Dealership in the parts department. They always ask for a VIN for the part to be right for "your" trim so I ended up finding a wild track vin # off auto trader.

I think I must have used a 2021 VIN because the black wild track grill turned out matte/unfinished black vs the shiny black that Ive seen on other wild tracks. But I think I like the look of the unfinished black with my Bronco so I am not complaining. Here is a pick of the wild track vs badlands grills.

Ford Bronco Matte Military Green Bronco Badlands "SelfSquatch" Build PXL_20220226_193447595
That's actually great info to have. I'm not a fan of the Carbonized Gray Badlands version or the gloss painted black Wildtrak but if the replacement part is the plain black plastic that would be perfect.

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are your thoughts on the AWE? They are less than an hour from where I live and have thought about putting their dual black tip exhaust on mine.

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's actually great info to have. I'm not a fan of the Carbonized Gray Badlands version or the gloss painted black Wildtrak but if the replacement part is the plain black plastic that would be perfect.
Yeah there is a chance that maybe all wild track grills come unpainted without the black gloss but I am not 100% sure. And I dont have any record of what VIN I actually used. I was in line at the parts department looking for one off my phone and just read out the last 6-8 digits which is what the parts department was looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are your thoughts on the AWE? They are less than an hour from where I live and have thought about putting their dual black tip exhaust on mine.
That's the one I got and absolutely love it. It's not too loud but you will definitely notice the difference. I've had it installed for the past few days and it makes driving it more enjoyable. Can feel it rumbling in the floor boards.

This vid doesn't do it justice but I posted a before and after on YouTube if you're interested:

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Starting a new thread for my 3M Military Matte Green Wrapped Bronco Badlands after adding the following upgrades:
  • 3M Matte Military Green Wrap
  • StickerFab Hood Decal - Matte Black
  • RiderGraphix Retro Stripe (Below Body Line)
  • Toms Offroad Bronco Lettering Script
  • Ford Wildtrack Front Grill
  • ARB Dual Air Compressor
    • KR Off-Road Mount from 4x4TruckLEDs
  • KR Off-Road Front License Plate Relocation Mount
  • 1" Rough Country Leveling Kit
  • Rough Country Spare Brake Light Relocation Kit
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers - 35 x 12.50 17s
  • Bronze Icon Rebounds - 17 w/ 0mm Offset
  • 4" Speaker Upgrade for Front and Rear
  • AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust w/ Bashgaurd - Dual 4.5" Diamond Black Tips
  • Tons Of Forscan Mods
Going to be looking to add some lights and a rear steel bumper next but waiting until someone like Rough Country puts together a hidden winch mount kit for the modular steel bumper.

Ford Bronco Matte Military Green Bronco Badlands "SelfSquatch" Build PXL_20220226_193447595

What’s your take on the Ridge Grapplers? How about road noise?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s your take on the Ridge Grapplers? How about road noise?
100% glad I went with them but I came from the 33" Goodyear Territory Mud Terrains and the Nittos are so much quieter and smoother drive wise. I personally think it made up for some of the drive quality difference when going from 33s to 35s.

They are backordered at a lot of places in the 35x12.50x17s but I found them off eBay from @Discount Tire. Highly recommend them. Tires came in less than a week from Texas to California.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Starting a new thread for my 3M Military Matte Green Wrapped Bronco Badlands after adding the following upgrades:
  • 3M Matte Military Green Wrap
  • StickerFab Hood Decal - Matte Black
  • RiderGraphix Retro Stripe (Below Body Line)
  • Toms Offroad Bronco Lettering Script
  • Ford Wildtrack Front Grill
  • ARB Dual Air Compressor
    • KR Off-Road Mount from 4x4TruckLEDs
  • KR Off-Road Front License Plate Relocation Mount
  • 1" Rough Country Leveling Kit
  • Rough Country Spare Brake Light Relocation Kit
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers - 35 x 12.50 17s
  • Bronze Icon Rebounds - 17 w/ 0mm Offset
  • 4" Speaker Upgrade for Front and Rear
  • AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust w/ Bashgaurd - Dual 4.5" Diamond Black Tips
  • Tons Of Forscan Mods
Going to be looking to add some lights and a rear steel bumper next but waiting until someone like Rough Country puts together a hidden winch mount kit for the modular steel bumper.

Awesome build......just needs a gun mount!

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Matte Military Green Bronco Badlands "SelfSquatch" Build OrderlyTanAldabratortoise-max-1mb
did the wildtrak grill come with the BRONCO letters, or did you have to buy them separately?

OP
OP
ryannshit

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did the wildtrak grill come with the BRONCO letters, or did you have to buy them separately?
The letters are separate from the grill but you can order both part numbers from the Ford dealership parts store.

Grill was ~$600 and letters were ~$75. Way more expensive of an upgrade than I was anticipating.
Sponsored