Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Video says alot about initial performance. Long term????

I found a second video that re- confirmed these test results.

20% off right now too if you buy 3 items.

I got the digital deflator, and trash sack. All Maxi Trac branded.
Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Current "plan" is to mount in the right rear cargo area where the subwoofer would be, with a 5 gallon tank under the truck were muffler "was".
Have you had the interior panels out yet? There isn't as much room there as I thought. It was my first thought to mount my smitty there. Then realized it wouldn't fit well and still let enough airflow not to melt the plastic panels.

I am replacing my little plastic cargo tray with a piece of steel to mount the compressor to so it hangs below. You can reroute the intake air lines.

I wish I would have known about the Napa compressor before I bought my smitty. If my 2781 dies, I'll get a Napa unit for sure. The performance was pretty impressive

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you had the interior panels out yet? There isn't as much room there as I thought. It was my first thought to mount my smitty there. Then realized it wouldn't fit well and still let enough airflow not to melt the plastic panels.

I am replacing my little plastic cargo tray with a piece of steel to mount the compressor to so it hangs below. You can reroute the intake air lines.

I wish I would have known about the Napa compressor before I bought my smitty. If my 2781 dies, I'll get a Napa unit for sure. The performance was pretty impressive
No, I tried to peek tonight, couldn’t see much. Was hoping to find pics on here.

I’m likely about to build some form of rear cargo system so it can be mounted elsewhere if needed.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, I tried to peek tonight, couldn’t see much. Was hoping to find pics on here.

I’m likely about to build some form of rear cargo system so it can be mounted elsewhere if needed.
Just take it slow when removing stuff there are button poppers on the top and bottom of the panels and near the rear door seals, you'll have standard plastic poppers. You'll need to remove the rear lower sill plate first.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a screenshot of BAMF’s story on IG. Looks like you can remove the plastic tub clearly
Ford Bronco Maxi Trac Dual Compressor (NAPA) 44F7BA0F-0301-43C6-885A-44CAE85D7013

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered one of these yesterday. Also got a Morrflate quad system coming as well.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea thats what I did. Ran an 8 awg back from the battery distribution box. Still limiting on Amazon to get my dang breaker in though.

Went to a local scrap yard and got an old piece of stainless countertop of 20 bux. Unfortunately the holes in the countertop that were there already to do whatever they needed at whatever store it was in. Didn't line up. But its fine, the factory floor cover makes it invisible anyway

Ford Bronco Maxi Trac Dual Compressor (NAPA) 20211122_113321

20211123_161451.jpg

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Video says alot about initial performance. Long term????

I found a second video that re- confirmed these test results.

20% off right now too if you buy 3 items.

I got the digital deflator, and trash sack. All Maxi Trac branded.
No space under the hood??

Sponsored

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Current "plan" is to mount in the right rear cargo area where the subwoofer would be, with a 5 gallon tank under the truck were muffler "was".
So I just got mine in the mail, it's impressive.

But unless you're going to run like 4awg or something back that far its a no go. This thing draws crazy amps

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No space under the hood??
I don’t want it there. I
So I just got mine in the mail, it's impressive.

But unless you're going to run like 4awg or something back that far its a no go. This thing draws crazy amps

yeah 100A..... I’m still plotting everything out..... on both location and wiring.

The compressor is pretty fast. I was watching my TPMS on my dash for the "gauge" and flicking the compressor on and off with its power button while it sat on the ground near my left front fender(battery). While doing this i was thinking about using a hero switch for the purpose. Use the switch to control a relay, for the compressor, and run dedicated power lines back.

My rear cargo slide will block both the cubby hole under floor and the jack storage location. I'm trying to figure out how to best fill and utilize those holes so they are not dead space. I don't love mounting the compressor so its exposed to the elements "under" the rear floor. Not even sure if the rear rubberized floor is remaining installed yet with the slideout. The maxitrac doesnt drop in the stock cubby hole plastic tub with it's bottom plate, but may if the plate was trimmed or removed. I did not have time to play with it yet. I could make a new cubby with steel thats a tad deeper, or angled to slant the maxitrac mounting. My goal is still to run air lines to a tank under the rear of the truck where the muffler was.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea thats my thread. The smitty wouldn't fit in the plastic tray, guaranteed the napa won't. I don't have a metal brake but if someone did, they could make a tray that bolts to where the factory plastic tray did and put the compressor in there.

I'm just going to leave mine on the ground outside when I fill and then put it away when I leave. I am probably just going to do an Anderson plug at the front somewhere so I don't have to futz eith those stupid alligator clips. The positive battery terminal is whack on the broncos. Be easier to just run a short 4awg lead or just cut and reuse the wires on the compressor for the Anderson connector.