Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I used to use Rok Straps to lash my Maxtrax to my Jeep's spare wheel, but with the Bronco Sasquatch wheels and mounting position of the spare on the tailgate, in addition to the spare-mounted rear view camera, that old solution wasn't going to work.

The addition of a 10' x 2" endless loop ratchet strap around the perimeter of the spare, gave me a way to attach the Rok Straps in a way that allows for mounting the Maxtrax without blocking the rear camera, sensors, and doesn't contact the wheel. Ends up being about $35 in parts plus shipping. A simple and effective way to inexpensively mount Maxtrax or other traction boards to the rear of your Bronco, and it could work for lashing other gear to the spare as well.

Ford Bronco Maxtrax Spare Tire Mount - Only 3 Straps & camera / sensor compatible Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 2.54.51 PM

Ford Bronco Maxtrax Spare Tire Mount - Only 3 Straps & camera / sensor compatible Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 2.55.23 PM

Ford Bronco Maxtrax Spare Tire Mount - Only 3 Straps & camera / sensor compatible Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 2.55.44 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vicman12

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great!!What size ROK straps are you using ?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is great, it leaves room on top for a horizontally mounted rock slide ez rack for my 3L rotopax.

PS why can't you strap them directly to the tire? I tried it with my TRED shorties today and it works perfectly

STP8_20231028_121720753~2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: